Debate Rounds (3)
1. caner can be cured by healthy cells usually by taking cells out of embellical cord when babies are fist born
2. many STD's may be cured
3. and possibly deformities when in the womb
Only 500 words, so I will do this quick.
1) The use of embryonic stem cells for research involves the destruction of blastocysts formed from fertilized human eggs. The destruction of blastocysts can be compared to killing and abusing human life, making it immoral. A life is a life and should never be compromised.
2) The development of this technology can lead to knowledge on cloning. The abuse of this can be compared to nuclea research.
@PRO: Killing off life to save lives isn't right.
2)most of the stem cells used are from the umbilical cord with out killing anything
1) Taking cells from peope via the bone marrow can result in a painful destruction.
2) To use the umbilical cord, it must be planned ahead by close family members, so that the body doesn't reject it.
3) In the case of embryonic cells, the extraction of stem cells from an embryo requires its destruction. In other words, it requires that a human life be killed.
4) Abuse of the the power to "play god" will occur.
1) The risks of this technology (Cloning)is simply too high.
cjmo forfeited this round.
Extend Arguments and Vote CON.
1. Bone Marrow stem cells = Painful
2. Umbilical Cord Stem Cells = Planned by Famliy members, Not likely.
3. Embryonic Cells = Killing Human Life, making it immoral.
4. Abuse of Stem Cell Technology Will Occur
5. Cloning may be possible.
6. Cloning is an abuse of life.
When considered together, the disadvantages outweigh any possible advantages...
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Cobo 4 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
Reasons for voting decision: forfiet/no arguments
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.