birdlandmemories
SPENCERJOYAGE14

story writing debate

birdlandmemories

Pro

First round is for acceptance.

Rules:
Keep your story clean
Each round, you continue your story

Good luck, and have fun.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I'd like to thank Noah for his gracious offer for this story telling debate, and quote, “Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.” Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
birdlandmemories

Pro

Thank you, Spencerjoyage14 for accepting this debate.
Saturdays are usually a day of rest. But for me, they are the busiest day. See, I take notes on every single major sporting event around the world. I stay up all day and night, taking note after note. It gets exhausting, but I enjoy it.
One Saturday, I was at home in front of my TV, watching a football game and taking notes. As I was watching the game, I was drinking a soda in one hand, trying to stay energized. In the other hand was a notepad and a pencil, covered in stray pencil marks and tape.
"Nothing like a Saturday with sports and soda", I muttered to myself.
As the game went along, I took note after note, filling up page after page. I took notes on everything from plays being run, to the players on the field, even the grass they game was being played on. Anything that was happening in the game, I took notes on.
Suddenly, the TV shut off, a loud zapping noise filled the room. I immediately went to the scene to see what happened. I called the power company to see what was wrong with my electricity, doing anything to get answers. If I couldn't get this situation fixed soon, I would be in a load of trouble.

A few minutes after the situation, the power company arrived. They checked every single space in and around the TV, trying to figure out what happened.
They were able to determine that my electricity was not working properly, and that it may take weeks to get it fixed. I thought of all the sporting events I would miss, and the notes I would need to get caught up on. The timing of what happened was terrible
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

1: The Choices

He was 5 the first time he saw them. For some reason he knew all his life that they would come for him. He loved his family, but he knew he needed to go with them, or else that would mean all his family’s death. All his loved ones, his grandmother, his mother, his older sisters, his baby sister, his baby brother, it would mean their death. He had to go.

When they came, it was summer, and they were a season late. The war lord’s collaborators came to him while he was working alone in the cruel field. He always was alone being the oldest male in his household at 5. Normally his sisters would help, but that just wasn't possible today. On the day the men came to them it happened to be the dried out, hottest day. When the men approached him the man asked him in a coarse voice, “What is your name?” The little boy said, “Alamo.” “Good, Aluko. Do you want to come?” The man asked ignoring his name entirely. Alamo thought ‘no I don’t want to go; life would never be the same, the lies, the death, the absence of food.’ He also thought of Ishmael, his 6 year old friend, the boy who escaped. The poor boy with the absence of his head, all his body parts chopped up into soup, all the blood. There was so much blood. The boy’s burial, the witch doctor couldn’t do anything. He never could. Anyways, there really was nothing left to heal.

The man shouted at Alamo, “Are you coming!” It wasn’t a question, the man knew the answer. “Come on Aluko!” he said. He got to their den; it was near the canal, the one that the older girls fetched water from. There were twenty other young boys and girls. He noticed the youngest was four. ‘Wow, they must really be in need this season.’ The man told them where to sit, and he started telling them what their first assignment was. “Go back to your families; tell them a story, a lie if you will, of why you are late. Then at when the moon is at exactly its highest peak I want you to sneak to your father and slit his neck and cut off his head,” The man took a long pause to make sure they all took it in, “then you will go to your mother and bash her through her heart 35 times with an axe,” Another long pause, “and with your brothers and sisters you will bond them all together and we will all have a bonfire.” Some children nodded others said no. Alamo just stared at the wicked man. But the evil man continued, “If you say no you will be butchered, your feet and your hands, at the kneecaps and the elbows, at the shoulder blades and the crotch, you eventually will be cut into 12 pieces but we will not, we will not spare your family. It will be worse, more than 100 times worse than what would have happened to them if you took care of them. I will not spare any of them.”

Alamo knew there was only one choice he agreed to the evil plan. But one of the girls, his best friend Keinitti said no. the evil man grabbed her, and called to 5 of his helpers, “Go to her hut and kidnap her family. But be quiet we don’t want anyone to be suspicious.”

The men sent out.

Keinitti was weeping for sorrow but she knew nothing could be helped. It was too late.

When the men where back with Keinitti’s family the man called out to Alamo, “Take care of them.” He was shocked. Then the man handed him an axe.

The young boy walked to his best friend’s father, with the axe held high above his head. He pleaded in a whisper, ‘I know someone is out there, listening to me. I know you can hear everything, please, please help me.’

The rain started like never before. It was the hottest day, but it still was pouring everywhere.

birdlandmemories

Pro

Thank you Spencerjoage14 for story.

As I walked around the scene, I pondered what to do. Should I get a new tv? Should I Go to a neighbor's house and watch the games? Should I just give up sports altogether?
I ended up getting a new tv. I also decided to give up on taking notes, as I suddenly saw no purpose in taking them. I could just watch the games for pleasure, after all.
Week after week, I spent every day watching sporting event after sporting event. I hardly stopped watching tv. I sacrificed hours of sleep, staying up to watch sports. I had basically become addicted to tv.
"Another week gone watching sports", I thought to myself. I just continued to watch and watch until a part of me had become tired of all the sports.
"You really need to stop watching too much tv", my conscience told me. "You are wasting hours of your life in front of that screen".
I thought about what my mind had just said. Maybe I had been wasting time all along. Maybe it was time to get all that tv watching to a minimum. I really needed to get help. But where could I go?
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

The rain poured and poured for 7 more minutes. It was at least if not more then 10 inches a minute. Nobody has ever seen anything like it (except for Noah's flood but that's a huge exception).

Now this might be a awful time for a plot change but better now then ever, right? Wrong, let's continue this story as if nothing had ever happened and we never had this conversation. Okay? Good. But spoiler alert everyone dies. Great right?

The rain all of a sudden stops, everybody looks up at the hot blue sky, if you didn't know any better you would have thought it was a dream. Wait, was it a dream?
birdlandmemories

Pro

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

Obviously by this time you realize the story teller is a huge idiot but it's all cool, right?

So Aluko and the war lord's collaborators looked around shocked to what had just happened, the men still told him to continue his evil charge. As he came closer to Keinetti's father everyone heard a deep rumble, it was so loud. Then the ground shock, it was a great earthquake the ground opened up and swallowed them all.

She woke up with a scream seeing their bodies fall into a endless pit. Zacharee looked around the room startled making sure she woke no one up. In a orphanage she didn't have the ability to make to much noise in fear she would wake up the other children.
birdlandmemories

Pro

I apologize for the forfeit. Please award my opponent conduct.

I met with a doctor the next day. He told me that if I had come just in time and that if I had continued watch so much tv, I would suffer serious brain damage.
So I went on a tv hiatus. I eventually got to the point where I was almost watch little to no tv. Instead, I was spending more time outside, going for a walk, or playing a game of basketball with the people down the street.
I decided to go back to the doctor one more time to check my progress. "You are perfectly healthy now", the doctor said. I was filled with joy. I had cut down on tv and unhealthy foods, and was now in good shape, and began eating healthier. I had found success and enjoyment in something other than tv.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I appreciate and accept birdlandmemories" humbly apology and I implore you, to give him the points for conduct as he fairly deserves it, and is far more worthy of them then I.

Years past and Zacharee grow up into a beautiful young woman. After she was adopted by a Christian couple the Waynes , she dedicated her whole life to stopping human rights violations. She authored 5 books her best title being: The battle field is not all love- A true story of child soldiers" close encounters with death, which won 20 awards. She fell in love a man named Zaleczender and the day of her 18th birthday they were wed. they went on and had 7 children their lifetime: Ziri, Zakuro, Zaltana, Zelos, Zenevieva, Zesiro , and Zevenagos. Their whole family died after a terrorist attack on September 11th 2077, all together they ascended to heaven to walk with the Most High. At their joined funeral a wise man spoke about their lives, and the 5000 people all raised their voices and sang, "To God be the glory great things he hath done, so loved me the world that he gave us his son"" Though the sadness they all had hope, the had hope in Christ to see them all again when they met.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Great thanks! Let's do this. :)
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Sure.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Could you change the limit to the most letters and spaces possible?
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
There are 4 rounds. Each is a chapter. You will continue your story from the previous round.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Cool. :) How does this work though?