hexfirewell7172
birdlandmemories

storytelling debate

hexfirewell7172

hexfirewell7172

Pro

storytelling debate yay! Any story, any topic. 1st round is just for acceptance
birdlandmemories

Con

I love storytelling debates! I accept this debate.
hexfirewell7172

Pro

Thankyou for accepting!

In this world, there is a heaven

and there is a hell.

Of course, when you're young, you don't really think about the future too much. I, for one, did not. I called myself a rebel, my teachers called me a problem child. I never went to school on time, if I went at all, and I was always rude to my teachers. After School I would go to the arcade with friends and waste away my parents money; quarter by quarter.

In 6th grade I joined a small gang, but luckily we consisted to a small group of tame, spoiled children and our crimes were not too harsh (otherwise redemption might have been impossible). Every Saturday we would go on a "raid", with meant running throughout the neighborhood stealing, breaking, and yelling insults at late night walkers.

We were wannabes, and just like many other young boys, the so called "dark side" seemed way cooler than the goody two shoe world of heaven. We used to bid each other goodbye by yelling out "see you in hell!". They don't teach you anything until high school.

Ever since I remember, people have always been drawn to me. A friend, Joe, once told me that I always knew what to say. In 8th grade our old leader retired, and I was nominated leader. By then, I was bored of this game and I too, wanted to quit. Sure, they were pissed; but like I said we were "tame". I got out of there scot free and soon the whole gang dispersed (much to our parent's delight). "Gang activities" turned into late night gaming sessions, and in this way we kept in touch.

Years flew by and because of my higher than average intelligence (but mostly my parents connections), I got into a college. There, my life changed in chemistry 101.

I saw her two rows down, one seat to the left. wavy, strawberry blond hair that caressed her shoulders and for a moment, I truly thought that I was in the presence of an angel. A friend introduced me to her a month later and I asked her out not too long after; she accepted. I was so elated I spent the rest of the day on my bed, smiling at the ceiling.

Everything felt like a roller coaster from there, and I felt like I could tell her anything. I told her about my past, and she understood. I told her about my lack of future, and she listened. I told her I loved her, and five years later we got married. We never did have children, but the world was perfect, just the two of us.

Later, it was inevitable that old worries long buried away would arise again. My tract record was not good, and I knew her's was perfect. I was not satisfied in being with her only in life, I needed to be with her in death too. I spent the rest of my years working day and night, for the good of the society. I did charity, I picked up litter, I hugged so many crying women that my arms feel sore just thinking about it. I came home late, and everyday, she was there, waiting for me.

I was the first to go, as men often are. Each step up the golden staircase I prayed, and prayed, and prayed. I saw others praying, sobbing their way up. The steps were almost slippery with tears (although not an ounce of grit seemed to mar its shine). Finally I arrived at the golden gates, and behold they opened for me! I walked in and I was astounded by the beauty of heaven, but I dared tread further in. Instead I turned around and once again faced the gates. I sat down with all temptations behind me, and waited. I will wait to enjoy our new world, with her.
birdlandmemories

Con

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.
hexfirewell7172

Pro

...ok then...

I guess I should have known that she was cheating on me, but I long ignored the signs. I truthfully can't blame her. I imagine her sitting in the sofa, alone, watching TV. A woman of her caliber could have easily had any man she wanted. Not only was I not good enough for her, I was so obsessed with with being with her in the afterlife I forgot to treasure her in the present.

In the first few years in heaven, I would have never thought of such atrocities. I would have assumed that she was far above such temptations. But after many years, it became clear that she was not coming. I waited day and night besides the golden gate, but I never did see even a glimmer of her angelic like hair. However, I cannot find myself to blame her, and I will probably wait for her many years after. Why? Purely, and simply, I love her.

I met Gregory in college, and the moment I laid eyes on him I knew that he was special. He had the "bad boy" feeling about him that girls go crazy over, but was not especially my type. My family had always been very religious, and I spent my whole life up to that point trying to get into heaven. Everyone of my ancestors had made it to heaven, and by now it had become more of an obligation rather than a reward.

When he proposed to me I was so elated I could barely breath. He had taken his time with the proposal, and at times I was concerned that he did not love me enough. It was a rushed wedding; I wanted to say my vows as soon as I possibly could. I had nightmares some days, that he might leave. They were always unfounded, but came every night a few weeks before the wedding.

The wedding was perfect, and my parents grudgingly accepted my new husband. I wanted to start a family but Gregory was reluctant. It didn't matter anyways after the doctor told me I was infertile. I was a mess afterwards, but Gregory would hold me in his arms and hmm to me as if I was just a child. Later, we decided the world was perfect with just us in it.

We were fifty somethings when Gregory started returning home late. At first I assumed that he was just working late, or hanging out with friends, but I couldn't be too sure. I asked him about it one day, and he only shushed me and said "it's a surprise".
I tried to think the best of him, but I couldn't help but think that maybe he had gone back to old habits. A few weeks in, I had a horrible realization. If I continued my quest to heaven, we would not be together in the afterlife.

It was hard for me to dirty my pure record, spotless from any sort of crime. I stopped helping out at the charities I normally visited and tried to cut down on the "nice" things I did for other people. I started lying, to my parents, to friends, even sometimes to Gregory. I knew I was bad at it, so I would practice simple lies in front of the mirror.

"I am a boy"
"My name is Grace"
"I don't need you"
"I'm fine"

My crimes escalated, and resulting to petty theft and some hacking (I had always had a knack for computers). I tried to hid my atrocities from my husband and luckily it wasn't difficult since he was never home. However, this new, twisted side of me slipped out in front of others who I deeply cared about. I became alone. It was okay, however, the world was perfect with just us in it.

Gregory died at the age of seventy. I barely saw him during the few years before his death. I barely saw anyone. I was so lonely. He died in his sleep, and I woke up next to a cold corpse. I wasn't too sad, I would see him soon.

With Gregory out of the way, there was no need to hid. Drugs finally did me in, and I remember when I closed my eyes for the last time. It felt so good to finally sleep.

The gates of Hell were rusted and black, just how I imagined them. They opened for me as I walked through, and the screams hit me like a wall. The fire burned my skin and charred my hair. My eyes were so dry and I wanted to cry but my tears had all dried up. It was so hot I couldn't breath but I kept walking, and walking. I wanted to die again, but somewhere in this hell there was Gregory, and I would search for him forever.
birdlandmemories

Con

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.
Posted by hexfirewell7172 2 years ago
hexfirewell7172
you don't have to write anything for the first round, you can just accept
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
hexfirewell7172birdlandmemoriesTied
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
hexfirewell7172birdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, arguments and conduct to Pro.