moe_511
mongeese

strip searching

mongeese

moe_511

Con

I think even if we were sure the person has what he/she shouldn't have to a point of 99.99999999% we shoudl not strip search what so ever
mongeese

Pro

Okay, my opponent said, "I think even if we were sure the person has what he/she shouldn't have to a point of 99.99999999% we shoudl not strip search what so ever"
I disagree, obviously. You need to give your argument some actual substance

I'm going to counter his argument Kleptin-style, by listing situations in which we should strip-search someone.

SCENARIO 1:
A man walks into the white house. It is quickly noticed by security guards that a mysterious beeping noise is heard coming from his direction. The guards ask him what it is, and he claims that it is simply his beeper that he didn't know how to turn off. One of the security guards recognizes the sound to be that of a time bomb. The beeps suddenly quicken. There is a broom closet nearby to do a strip search in, and a bomb squad is standing by to disable any bombs. In this case, a strip search is necessary and completely justified.

SCENARIO 2:
A drunk man walks into the street and yells, "I have a bunch of illegal substances in my pants!" The police walk by, and their drug dogs run towards the man and bark at him. The police come over to investigate. The man suddenly decides to claim that he does NOT have illegal substances in his pants. The police obviously should strip search the man to identify that he does, in fact, have an illegal substance in his pants.

SCENARIO 3:
A man walks into an airport. The impression of a vial is clearly visible on the butt of his pants. The security guards ask him about this. The man claims that his butt naturally looks this way. The guards now have reason to believe that the man is hiding this vial because it contains something illegal, such as perhaps a bio-weapon to be released while on the plane. Should the security guards strip search him, or should they allow him to walk into the plane with a potentially dangerous weapon? I'm thinking the former.

These are three scenarios in which strip searches are necessary to properly enforce the law. They are not the only scenarios; I will come up with more if necessary.

Thank you for your patience.
moe_511

Con

moe_511 forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

All arguments extended.

SCENARIO 4:
You and your friend are sitting in a room, when a random guy walks in and pulls a gun on you. Because of Barack Obama's gun policies, neither you nor your friend posses a gun, so you are defenseless. The man beckons you towards your friend and says, "Strip search him." Your friend offers to strip himself, but the man turns and points his gun at your friend and says, "No. He has to strip search you." Your friend stops, looks at you, and says, "Come on, already! Strip search me! I don't want to die!" The man says, "You have twenty seconds, until I kill both you and your friend..."

Sure, this is perhaps the most biased scenario ever conceived, but it gets the point across. Good luck!
moe_511

Con

moe_511 forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

All arguments extended...
moe_511

Con

moe_511 forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

All arguments extended...
moe_511

Con

moe_511 forfeited this round.
mongeese

Pro

All arguments extended.

My opponent has no arguments. Vote PRO.
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Wow, this debate only got one vote. If any vote bomber came in at all, I'd be so mad.
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Why is this debate five rounds?
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
It's not that we are scared, it's that we have ISSUEZ
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
No, the computer froze up when I tried to run Spell-Check. I've just been able to get back on.
Posted by moe_511 8 years ago
moe_511
start sayign soemthing are u scared??
Vote Placed by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
moe_511mongeeseTied