Sexybitch
mostlogical

students should be able to have laptops for school

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

Sexybitch

Pro

Students should have a laptop to keep for school work.

Here"s what I think, students don"t want to do school work (homework, classwork, essays, or a paper), so why don"t we give them the thing must teens or kids want, a laptop.
Here are some of my reasons why kids should have a laptop. Kids would study, take notes and want to take them, calculator"s so kids don"t have to go out and buy an expensive one, writing essays or papers so kids would have the time to study and write or type the paper, homework and some classwork could be put on a website for teachers to put the work up and kids wouldn"t have any excuses that they don"t have time or a way to do it, plus it helps people and trees as well.
I could argue that students may want to do their work and not fail a class or for the year but here"s the weaknesses facebook, live chatting, face chatting or any other social media that is not blocked.
As my strong finish to argue that every student in school should have a laptop to help teens or kids keep doing their work and hand it in on time. Teens would want to do the work, pass the school year and graduate then go to college to do the thing they would want and love to do for their life.
mostlogical

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for opening this debate

Pro says that by giving students a laptop or allowing them, more students will do their homework and take notes in class. This is a case of trying to do the right thing but for the wrong reason! I think that students don't want to do homework because they get too much, and it's all graded even at times when they can't possibly try their best due to the amount given. There will be some students who prefer to type than write, and they have the option to do this at home.

Children don't work so they don't have to consider costs, "10 for a scientific calculator is not much for a parent and is as expensive as equipment goes. Pupils are supplied with free books, and the paper for their homework. Trees can be regrown, computers are far worse for the environment, I'm not sure why Pro brought this up, it's completely off topic. Let's focus on education.

Here are my reasons why students should not have a laptop for class work:

- laptops are expensive, they can easily be damaged, lost or stolen in a school environment. A pupil won't perform if he/she is upset over their laptop.

- laptops will distract other pupils, typing is noisy, and pupils will look at others work, perhaps even laugh at it.

- It's harder for a teacher to see who is paying attention, as everyone will be looking straight ahead.

- It is important to be able to write quickly, and neatly, because laptops can't be taken into exams

- It's hard to see if someone is taking notes or playing games,

I'm sure there are many other reasons why laptops should not be allowed in schools, but I think 5 points is enough for this stage.

I look forward to your response
Sexybitch

Pro

Sexybitch forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

my points stand
Sexybitch

Pro

Sexybitch forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

my points still stand
Sexybitch

Pro

Sexybitch forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

I was expecting a debate, oh well
Sexybitch

Pro

Sexybitch forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Con

I have clearly won this debate, please vote con,
Posted by kasmic 1 year ago
kasmic
I am at 3800 and I could not vote.
Posted by mostlogical 1 year ago
mostlogical
I honestly don't know why you can't vote but thanks for trying. It is a bit strange how there is so much time to vote and the ELO restriction is so high
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
My ELO 2,700 and I still can't vote on this debate. Whereas Wylted's ELO is at 5,500, and he can't vote.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
These are retarded ELO restrictions if somebody who is top ten in terms of ELO is prevented from voting.
Posted by ImaRealMeanie 2 years ago
ImaRealMeanie
Laptops are already being used for schools.