Tmurdock
HankMG22

students should be allowed to possess cell phones

Tmurdock

Pro

Rules:
1. respect
2. provide links
3. Have fun
4. any breaking of any rule from 1-3 results in forfeit of all points

R1: acceptance
R2: Opening statements
R3: ask questions
R4: answer questions
R5: rebuttal and closing statements
Tmurdock

Pro

1. Pros
http://neatoday.org...
2. top 7 reasons
http://kwikboost.com...
3. We need cell phones.
Conclusion: I leave you with a quote.
My cell phone is my best friend. It's my lifeline to the outside world.
Carrie Underwood
HankMG22

Con

Please state your ideas in the actual argument, not as a source. If you do so again, I will not be reading the sources and only the words inside the round.

Cell phones can be used for educational purposes. I agree with that. But there is no way a teacher knows how the student with the phone is cheating or is doing non-educational things on the phone for it is facing away from them as they teach the students from the front of the class. I am in school now, and I have seen many of these problems as students sneak texts to others when the teacher says they can use their phones. Cell phones will not help the school education as a whole.
Tmurdock

Pro

how will cell phones being used in the right way not help the education purpose as a whole?
HankMG22

Con

I ask: How will cell phones help the education purpose? They do not serve much of a purpose in education.
Tmurdock

Pro

I agree that cell phones don't help educational purposes, but my whole argument is about after school activities and in case the bus breaks. I look forward to your answers.
HankMG22

Con

A student always carries around their phones. I have never said that they cannot use their phones for extracurricular activities or cases where the bus breaks down. They can, and they will. I am only saying, based on the sources you have linked to as your first argument, that students will not benefit from using their phones for school. I am not arguing from the perspective that students cannot have phones at all; I am arguing the fact that using cell phones in school will not benefit in educational matters, which is what your links state.
Tmurdock

Pro

the topic is students should be allowed to possess cell phones. My opponent tried to debate a different subject. I also provided actual links from the pro while my opponent sources was logic, and the past experiences. The future is ever changing. Please vote for me!
HankMG22

Con

If the topic really was that students should be allowed to possess cell phones, I will ask the opponent for why they have put up two sources that have to do with using cell phones in class. Obviously, Pro misunderstood the concept of the topic he was trying to assert, and then came back later to say that I have misunderstood. I only have gone along with Pro's sources as the basis of my opinion.
Thank you, everyone.