rockstar18181
Balacafa

students should not be graded on their handwriting

Balacafa

rockstar18181

Con

Balacafa

Pro

I accept. I will allow con to begin.
rockstar18181

Con

rockstar18181 forfeited this round.
Balacafa

Pro

Con has already forfeited but I will continue my argument in case con wishes to continue this debate in the next round.

Since I am pro I am going to argue that students should not be graded on their handwriting. It is true that handwriting is important and children should be helped to improve their handwriting however being graded on their handwriting can give children a false sense of their progress and what they need to improve on.

If a child who is struggling to keep up with the rest of year or their class could be lead to believe that they don't need to work as hard because their grades are higher because of their handwriting. Children should be judged on the quality of their work not how neat the work is. It is acceptable to praise them because of their neat handwriting but lifting their grades could have drastic impacts.

- They believe that they are doing better and as a result they do not work as hard.

- Their parents may feel the need to cancel tuition because their child has higher grades.

- People will spend too long working on their handwriting and too little studying the actual work.

If a child is doing exceptionally well and has bad handwriting having lower grades because of it is unexceptional. They will try to perfect their handwriting and as a result the good grades that they once had will drop down. I would like to remind con that we are speaking of bad handwriting - not unreadable writing because if their writing is so bad that the teacher has difficulty reading - only then is it acceptable. The impacts include:

- Low grades for good work

- Parents given a false sense of their child's progress

- The child's self esteem will drop

I would like to remind voters that conduct should go to me due to the forfeiture and spelling and grammar should also go to me due to the fact that in round one con failed to use a capital letter or a full stop.

Source

http://myanimelist.net...
rockstar18181

Con

rockstar18181 forfeited this round.
Balacafa

Pro

I extend all my previous arguments. There is nothing for me to contradict so I hope that con posts an argument in the next round. In the case of another forfeiture I will just have to keep extending my arguments.
rockstar18181

Con

rockstar18181 forfeited this round.
Balacafa

Pro

I extend my previous arguments.
rockstar18181

Con

rockstar18181 forfeited this round.
Balacafa

Pro

Vote pro! Con has forfeited and has failed to provide an argument. Spelling and grammar is very badly used. I extend all previous arguments.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
Conduct should still be given to me even if a forfeit the next few rounds. I am doing this because I am going on holiday soon and if con continues to forfeit then I will run out of time to keep extending my arguments.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
rockstar18181BalacafaTied