saraschwartz
bigfudge

suicide is not a cowardly act.

saraschwartz

saraschwartz

Pro

acceptance anyone?
bigfudge

Con

I think in very extreme circumstances where the life you live can no longer be called YOUR life (for example, human trafficking or any form of physical suffering) then I agree it is hard to make an argument that they should indeed prolong their life and the suffering further. But if the decision is from everyday human stress then I will have to disagree and say it is rather cowardly. I see suicide as the ultimate 'I give up', regardless of what is causing this. Much of the time it resolves down to an issue that if the person really wanted to, they could do something about and attempt to bounce back. I just feel suicide goes against the very instincts that make us the most dominant species on Earth.
saraschwartz

Pro

suicide is something people do when they are depressed or hurt. suicide is something people do when they don't want to live anymore. it really pisses me off when people call other people cowards when they commit suicide, its horrible. when people commit suicide they are actually pretty brave. u have to be really hurt to really kill urself.
bigfudge

Con

Expanding on that 'depressed or hurt' statement, It all depends on how depressed or hurt the person is (give me an example of what causes you're referring to?) And do you not think a person is a lot braver to attempt to fix the problem that's causing these suicidal motives? As oppose to just 'quitting'? In some circumstances, no, they are not cowards, they just don't want to suffer any more, which is why I feel it is a persons right as to whether or not they want to live. But too often is the case that the reasons are no more different than problems millions of people are also going through also.
saraschwartz

Pro

people can be bullied or go through loss or things that last for years. so people want to get it over with and just end it from there. suicide is not a cowardly act. after my father died and i was harassed at school and my mother told me i was some awful things i attempted suicide. people who want to die don't think about if there going to be considered a coward or not btw, its all about how they feel. suicide is something that takes a lot of things piled up to take ur own life, suicide is the "i'm giving up" but that doesn't mean ur a coward it just means i don't want to be alive anymore.

btw i am sorry for the no capital letters and the horrible grammar but this is how i type sorry :/
bigfudge

Con

I won't be challenging this round as you cannot challenge me further. As much as I see where you're coming from with your argument, I still have the same views I had prior to this sorry. But thank you for a very interesting debate on this controversial topic.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
Suicide it a misguided attempt at changing something you could develop discipline to fight through! It is sad but the fact is it is a selfish and cowerdly act that can easily be avoided by simply changing your perspective.... which people tend to cling to pre concieved notions and think that their world is not worth living in... but again.. This is a misguided perception that is perpetuated by our society! Interestingly enough Hari Kari falls under the same umbrella!
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
saraschwartzbigfudgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: No sources, pro had a better pathos appeal, and con had better spelling.