StephanieJean
MyNigga96

suicide not being the only choice ...

StephanieJean

Con

Look, I see that you think suicide isn't the only option but sometimes the person can get pushed into a place where they can't get out of. I've been there. To put it into perspective, think of driving and almost being hit. think about how your perspective narrows to fear and panic and you lose all other thought. But eventually it goes away. What if it didn't go away? What if you kept feeling only that fear and panic? What if it just kept closing in on you? This is what someone who is thinking of self-harm and suicide can feel. Like the world is shutting out. And to be honest there is none. You lose all perspective on the good in the world. It's like that car keeps almost hitting you time and time again and you can't escape it ever. Sometimes, you may think they have a way out, that they have other choices, but in all honesty, sometimes suicide is the only choice these people have. I'm not just saying this for no reason, I am saying it because I know what it feels like to be in that void, that hole, and I thought it was my only way out because it was. I'm not saying it is right, but I am saying it can be the only way out sometimes.
MyNigga96

Pro

Woah, I never said someone can't feel that suicide is their only option. I said bullies shouldn't be criminally punished as murderers or something. I know people can feel helpless, but there is no justification for suicide. You can only blame the person who kills themselves, for ending their own life. I think you're trying to find justification for suicide so that someone else can be blamed, but that's another problem in your argument; who do we blame?! Who's the bully? Every person who teased them? That could be 100 people. So who is it fair to fine or put in jail? Everyone who admits to teasing that one person? Another thing; what is bullying to one? Being told they are ugly and being spit on every day? What if someone is more sensitive to the idea and thinks that the fact nobody wants to talk to them is actually the fact that they're so shy? What if someone considers that bullying? Do we blame every single person who never talked to them and call them a bully? No of course not. Who is one to decide what is bullying? The victim of course. But who is the one who chooses to take their own life? The bully? I don't think so.
StephanieJean

Con

What I'm saying is that the person who chooses to take their life may not have that choice. Being pushed to the point of death is not the victims fault. I get that there can be multiple bullies in a situation, but there can also be one main, major, bully. The person who instigates the attacks. The person who pushed other people into being bullies along with them. There are also cases where it is only one person who may use social media to make the victim feel all alone and helpless, like a worthless waste of space. I think that in those cases there is cause for punishment. Yes, each case would be different, but if someone is told that they should go die and they are a worthless human being, and the victim does take their life, then there should be cause for punishment because there is really no reason to live to this victim. It would be different if it was just like you said, but again, what I am saying is if the situation is clear like that then the bully, or bullies, should have some sort of punishment to see the repercussions of their actions. I'm not saying it is all clean and clear but there are some spots where there can be cause for action. Who can say that they can stand by knowing that the reason someone is dead is because they were told by one (or more) people they are useless and should die. That right there is cause for punishment to me.
MyNigga96

Pro

MyNigga96 forfeited this round.
StephanieJean

Con

StephanieJean forfeited this round.
MyNigga96

Pro

MyNigga96 forfeited this round.
StephanieJean

Con

StephanieJean forfeited this round.
MyNigga96

Pro

MyNigga96 forfeited this round.
StephanieJean

Con

StephanieJean forfeited this round.
MyNigga96

Pro

MyNigga96 forfeited this round.