asia54
petersaysstuff

summer is awsome

petersaysstuff

asia54

Pro

I believe summer is awsome because there is nice weather, no school, vacations, and happy times! There is nice hot weather and so we can swim in a nice cool pool. People are wearing sunglasses and children are laughing and playing. There is no school so children can relax and play for three monthes. People can go on vacations and get away from there ordinary lives, get rid of stress and just relax. These are the reasons why summer is awsome.
~ Let's have a good debate!!
petersaysstuff

Con

I dare say that since my opponent provided no definition of what Summer is I must do so. Summer is the months June, July and August.

Regarding my opponent's points:

"nice weather": This is entirely subjective. You may think said weather is nice whereas I may think it's not. Here we are at a standstill.
"no school": This is false. In Australia the months we call Summer are their winter and they do have school.
"vacations": Same as above. In Australia (or any country below the equator) this is a time of work and school.
"happy times": Again this is subjective and no definition is given.

"hot weather": 14 degrees C?
"we can swim in a nice cool pool": This does not happen in the dead of winter.

You can cross apply all the aforementioned reasons to everything else.
asia54

Pro

My opponent keeps talking about Australia when I'm talking about United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the United States we usually have nice hot weather. As we are off except summer school kids, we may go swimming vacations and other entertainment places. Or Consider a Staycation. Where you can stay at home/ community and just have fun. I would like my opponent a question, Do you like to have fun??? I do and that's what summer is all about! Even if it is not so hot outside you have the summer off and you can have three months all to yourself! I LOVE SUMMER !!!! :) :) :) :) :0 Students can go to summer camps and connect with other people, God, and what he has made for us to enjoy! Whereas we can't do that during school because well we have to go to school.
Summer is awesome because of these reasons !
~ Thank you and have a good summer!
I'll be waiting for your response in a little while. Have a good Day !! :)
petersaysstuff

Con

//My opponent keeps talking about Australia when I'm talking about United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!//
This was never specified. The resolution is "summer is awesome" and in your opening statement you never mentioned America hence I am using Australia.

But I will add Alaska. I doubt very much that they go outside and swim.

Regarding the question: I do but I assume how I have fun is very different than you.

" Whereas we can't do that during school because well we have to go to school."
So you mean to tell me that during school you can't connect with friends or "god"? Is this the case? It is a yes or no question.

I say the following. My Australia contention still stands because my opponent never mentioned America until now, after I made my case.
asia54

Pro

What I mean when connecting with GOD ( capital "G") and friends is different people from different places can connect. I'm sorry that I did not specify "United States" I just figured since you are from here you would get it, apparently not! I have a friend from Alaska and she said they loved going swimming in the summer, there is a such thing as water there! Also it isn't always cold there. I did mention what to do when it is cold. Did you miss that?
petersaysstuff

Con

///What I mean when connecting with GOD ( capital "G")///
I made it lowercase because of my lack of belief.

//different people from different places can connect//
But you ignored my question on whether or not all these things can be done during the school year.

//I'm sorry that I did not specify "United States" I just figured since you are from here you would get it, apparently not!//
There are plenty of people that are from other nations on DDO.

// I have a friend from Alaska and she said they loved going swimming in the summer, there is a such thing as water there!/
Fair enough for an anecdote.

//I did mention what to do when it is cold. Did you miss that?//
What?

I will extend my unrefuted arguments and urge a Con ballot.
Posted by petersaysstuff 5 years ago
petersaysstuff
So you don't think so .
Posted by asia54 5 years ago
asia54
yep. umm.. yep.
Posted by petersaysstuff 5 years ago
petersaysstuff
That was fun :)
Posted by petersaysstuff 5 years ago
petersaysstuff
It's your turn.
Posted by asia54 5 years ago
asia54
I wait for you!
Vote Placed by shooterboss 5 years ago
shooterboss
asia54petersaysstuffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con surprised me with his arguments. All of Pro's facts and assumptions were refuted. Also, Pro used completely casual language with intentional spelling and grammar errors. Con used a neutral tone (appropriate) and correct grammar and spelling. Though I still believe summer is a good season, Con has changed part of my opinion, and I believe he deserves the win.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
asia54petersaysstuffTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was obviously a light debate, I-love-Jesus obviously is Pro-Summer to Peter who is clearly a Grinch. Pro did little to make assertions which can not be generalized but Con also did little but point that out and never made an independent argument. Passion carries the vote here, 3:2 for Asia54.
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 5 years ago
XStrikeX
asia54petersaysstuffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to successfully address the Australia argument and failed to provide a definition. Half the time Pro seemed to be making random claims and speaking in a manner inappropriate for debate. Arguments and spelling/grammar to Con.
Vote Placed by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
asia54petersaysstuffTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was an interesting debate. I agree with Pro. I say both debated well but I think in the end,