brented
TinyBudha

talks about wanting Public nudity

TinyBudha

brented

Con

Okay, here is my opinion on all of this talk about public nudity. For one thing, I believe that it will only create a bunch of sexual perverts. We are already fighting a huge battle against sexual perverts; with child pornography. Plus, the internet is so full of unsolicited pictures. Do you really want nude pictures of your children all over the internet? I do believe that the more people see of people in the nude the more desensitized people will become. Nurses see naked bodies all day and it just becomes a naked body. Nothing sexual. But sex will become nothing also. If you have nudity everywhere, you will have sex everywhere too. Do we really want our children seeing that? The cons of this, yes, are that there will be less sexual crime such as Amsterdam and Switzerland and other European countries. And The police will be less likely to arrest people if every one is doing it. They will go after the more hardened criminals. My opinion is that if people are going to talk about it, do it. Otherwise SHUT UP and move on. What I hate is people that talk about something but don't do anything about it. Not that I'm advocating public nudity; I don't want to see it. But I hate when people say that they are going to do something and not do it. Do it! Own it and feel proud of it or shut up about it. That is my opinion. Now for your comments about the subject.
TinyBudha

Pro

The debate is titled "talks about wanting Public nudity" I interprit this to mean that this debate will be over whether or not people should talk about their wants for or against public nudity being legal. My oppenent thinks that people should not express their desire for or contempt against the legistlation of public nudity and I think you should be able to speak on that subject freely.

My first point is that talking about your desires will usually result in an action. talking about your desire will eventually lead to you actively trying to change the law or keep the law, will result in your voting for a bill that agrees with your position...ect. These actions are good because they uphold the values of a democracy and allow the public to create and uphold a better government.

Secondly, talking about your wants is a form of expressing your rights and as such is a way of upholding andn exercising your right to freedom of speech. This is good because we should exercise our freedom of speech as much as possible in order to affirm the existance of our rights, on the flip side, restricting our right to talk about public nudity disaffirms our right to free speech and is, as such, an attack on our absolute human rights.

Finally, talking about your wants has no objectively negative consequences and thus there is no reason to side with Con.

In conclusion we should express our want or unwant of public nudity legalization because it upholds the values of, and creates for the people a good democratic society and society in general. Secondly speaking about your desires on anything is fundementally good because it affirms and expands your right to expression and freedom of speech. Also banning or disallowing yourself from talking on any topic is a form of destroying your rights which is not good. Finally there are no consequences to not expressing your want/opinion on public nudity.

Lastly I would like to point out that Con his or herself is admitting that talks on wanting public nudity are a good thing, as he has litterall started a debate on his or her want for or against public nudity. One only does something they consider benificial or helpfull and thus con themselves have admitted that this conversation and all conversations on wanting public nudity are good.

Thank you for reading.
brented

Con

That is true about voicing your opinion. It goes with anything that you want to do in life. Getting the general consensus of the people is what gets things started. I just hate when you hear that someone is wanting to do something, or promises that they are going to do something and then not do it. Either does something or shut up about it.
TinyBudha

Pro

So do you agree with my arguments because its seems you haven't refuted any of my points?
brented

Con

brented forfeited this round.
TinyBudha

Pro

He gave up and thus my arguments go uncontended, in light of this, I can only recieve the vote.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
brentedTinyBudhaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 2 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
brentedTinyBudhaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, did not refute any of Pro's points and sort-of conceded. In the end, none of Pro's points were addressed while not all the material in Con's opening arguments pertained to the topic (whether people should talk about public nudity), e.g. the battle against perverts thing.
Vote Placed by Schuman8rr 2 years ago
Schuman8rr
brentedTinyBudhaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious win for Pro. Con forfeited a round and chose not to refute a single point made by Pro.