vegabeltran
Itsallovernow

tattoos & piercings at the age of 16

vegabeltran

Pro

i feel that at the age of 16 teenagers are pretty much able to make their choices for getting tattoos and piercings. many people i got to school have either gotten their piercings in the school bathroom or even got their tattoo done in a friends garage. majority of them get it done that way because the have no parents or even the parents wont grant them the privelege.
Itsallovernow

Con

Thank you for the debate, Pro.

Young ones at the age of sixteen should not be able to get tattoos or piercings. I will provide brief and short arguements in negation of this.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354696,00.html
This is a story of a teenager who attempted a lip piercing and failed. Due to my computers virus infected limitations, I cannot view the site itself, for it has been declared unsafe. However, I did read a secondary copyed and pasted article from the same source. In this, to test it, I copied and pasted it and put it into google, and a replica appeared from this news source.

The possibly of the teenagers parents not allowing him to get one is overwhelmingly high, lest he get one done professionally as it should be. However, the teenager thought it best to do it himself, unqualified, immature, and unknowing of the dangers of it. Lack of knowledge is the enemy to man itself. In this, ignorence is bred and the belief in one's safety. This teenager did not know enough to effictively make a life-changing decision molded after his desires. Instead, he was met with pain, suffering, and hospitialization. In this, teens should not be permitted piercings without parental consent.

My opponent himself acknowledges that this is a privledge. He claims his friends do the same thing in bathrooms. This just shows further the ignorence of the dangers to piercings that teens don't know. Even if they wanted to get it done professionally with parents consent, there are some who do not know when to say know to unhygenic piercing places that practice it. To support this, I provide this story www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=51145. A teeager got his lip pierced in a piercing store and died due to a blood infection by a unsanitary surrounding.

For the matter of tattoos, I will provide personal examples as well as practical ones. I see people all the time in my school who write on the faces of their binders, with Sharpee markers, the names of thier current girlfriends or boyfriends. I also notice serveral scribbles of boyfriends past. In this, and I've seen it myself, teenagers want these to be more permenant, due to their utter infatuation. They want tattoos, and some actually do get them. I know of two people at my school who did this and are no longer together with this person.

They carry the mark of regret with them their entire lives. Sure, not all tattoos are of a boyfriend or girlfriend. However, in the story above, I have proven that teenagers lack the responsibility to decipher the correct way to alter your bodies appearance without doing it in a mature fashion.

In this, I stand in negation that teenagers get tattoos and piercings at the age of 16

VOTE CON.
vegabeltran

Pro

vegabeltran forfeited this round.
Itsallovernow

Con

My opponent forfieted this round. Arguements are extended.

=VOTE CON/NEG=
vegabeltran

Pro

vegabeltran forfeited this round.
Itsallovernow

Con

My opponent forfieted yet again. I will move to my conclusion.

In conclusion, I believe I have won because my opponent was not successful in rebutting my points (any of them). Therefore, I strongly urge you to

=VOTE CON=
Vote Placed by Itsallovernow 7 years ago
Itsallovernow
vegabeltranItsallovernowTied