guy1234
Loofa

tax the rich!!!!

Loofa
Started: 2/24/2012 Category: Arts

guy1234

Pro

we shuld tax the rich!!!! all the rich pepl r greedy fat cats!!! alot of peopl in us r poor so we should tax all the rich pepl nd give the $$ to the poor i am poor and so r alot of pepl i no, and its not fare that we r poor we were just born lik this but rich peopl make $$ by being evil and they horde all ofit so we should tax the rich and give the $$ to peopl lik me who r poor
Loofa

Con

I wold like to thank my opponent for starting this debate, I hope it will be effective and informative. Now I would like to first get some things cleared up. My opponent states that we should tax the rich, he proposes no method of doing so, or what amount. Secondly, he uses very vague language when discussing the "rich fat cats." For reference this [1] is a rich person. His claim "all the rich pepl nd give the $$ to the poor." Which I am assuming roughly translates to, "the rich's taxes should be re-distributed to the poor." I think that this would not be a good idea because America is based in the doctrine of Capitalism. Capitalism is defined as, "An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit." [2]
Americans have the right to make money. Without companies being able to compete there would be no reason to improve products. Why should I try to make my product better and make more money if the government will just take the extra money I make from producing a better product. Without competition, there is no incentive to work harder.
I am interested in what my opponent will say back and await it eagerly.
[1] http://sharequotes.us...
[2] Google Search of Capitalism Definition
guy1234

Pro

guy1234 forfeited this round.
Loofa

Con

My opponent forfeited this round, hopefully he posts next round.
guy1234

Pro

guy1234 forfeited this round.
Posted by ahopele 4 years ago
ahopele
Pro has horrible spelling and grammar. I hope that this is a joke.
Posted by DakotaKrafick 4 years ago
DakotaKrafick
That introduction was so horrible I think it gave me cancer.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
guy1234LoofaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- Pro forfeited. Spelling- Just look at the first round. Arguments- Pro made very poor arguments, and Con refuted them. Sources- Con had a source, unlike Pro.