Technology Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Censorship of the Internet

debaterman123
Genghis_Khan

It shouldn't be the government's choice Censorship is not always bad, such as blocking cuss words or sex scenes. When censorship extends to, entire books, movies, and TV shows, is when it should be stopped. The government does not have the right to decide what is acceptable for people to see and hear, even kids. Why ,do you think, should the government regulate what kids see? Shouldn't it be the parents job to keep their children away from these bad things? The parents of these kids should be pa...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The A-10 should remain in service in the Middle East

spitfire1212wade

The A-10 Thunderbolt II is amazing. With a GAU-8 cannon that can fire 30 wine bottle sized rounds per second and Maverick missiles ready to blast down all opposition, this aircraft is perfect to fight terrorist groups because it can resist damage and does not need to fly fast because terrorists do not have easy access to fighter interceptors. It can carry up to 16,000 pounds of missiles and bombs, making it perfect to destroy a large area in which the terrorists may be in, leaving nothing to cha...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Computers are bad for our health!

MrAmazingDuck
TheImpossibleGirl

Staring at a bright screen for hours can lead to eye fatigue or eye strain, headaches, blurred vision, burning, itching or tearing eyes, and temporary vision disorders. Fortunately, eye strain rarely results in a permanent condition and symptoms can be prevented or cured rather easily. Remedies Use a quality display of sufficient size. Avoid glare. Keep at least one arm length between your eyes and your display. Keep blinking. Follow the 20/20/20 rule, i.e. every 20 minutes, focus on an ob...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Do you think it will be possible for machines to love?

helloq1
PatrickTheWise

Do you think it will be possible for machines to love? Do you have to have a physical heart and chemicals in your body to experience love?...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 39 Minutes Ago

Are kids better off today with the current technology than we were as kids in the 80's ?

Darkdrow
GreenGavGiraffe

Do all of today's technology and electronic devices make the world a safer and easier place to grow up than it was in the 80's when none of these things existed ? I can see it either way with good and bad sides to each era. Whoever accepts choose which side you are and I will take the other. I'm kind of stuck in the middle and would like to see some points of view that might not have occurred to me. All aspects of life should be considered and not focused on safety....

5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Technology used only for entertainment should've never been invented.

ClashnBoom
Kozu

I believe technology used only for humans to be entertained is not very beneficial to anyone. R1 Opening statements. R2 Arguments R3 More Arguments and some rebuttals R4 Rebuttals and closing remarks. Rules 1. No forfeits 2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be individually provided in the text of the debate 3. No new arguments in the final round 4. No profanity 5. No trolling or semantics 6. No accepting other debates. ( If you have an ongoing debate it's fine if you acce...

Voting Period
42 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Wikipedia be considered a good source?

SmallTacos
fdnisyou

Welcome to the debate. Here's the format: 1st Round: Acceptance 2nd Round: Opening Arguments 3rd Round: Rebuttals 4th Round: Cross-Examination 5th Round: Conclusion Have fun!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Should the use of technology increase?

Mr.lemons
simonstuffles

Should we increase the use of technology?...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Android is better than iOS.

Timewalker
simonstuffles

*This debate was previously posted but I was disappointed at my opponent. This debate is impossible to accept. Please post in the comments if you wish to be my opponent.* In this debate, I will be arguing that the Google Android OS (Version 5.1 Lollipop) is better than Apple's iOS (Version 8.1.3). Any opponent is allowed to enter. Definitions: Android: Android 5.1 Stock, without any TouchWiz, Sense or other features. better than: More powerful and able to do more things. iOS: iOS 8.1...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

PC's are better than Macs

tajshar2k
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Hi, I will be arguing that Pc's are better than Macs. I look forward to this debate. 1st round is acceptance only....

9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago