Technology Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Why do we work to build machines that will one day replace us?

StylilisedBoss
Firesofthenether

If we work to build machines that will replace us then we will not need to.do any.work and we would all just do things we find pleasurable. I agree that this is a good thing and I know that this is unlikely to happen but what if they were to break and we were stranded in a failing society....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do we have less face-to-face interaction because of social media such as Facebook?

Keep_smile
AmateurAtLife

Marck Zuckerberg and his colleagues have its purpose on creating facebook, it is made for connecting people over long distances, or over lost years. for example, facebook could really helping people to connect with their childhood friend, or old friend that has been lost contacts over years. but in fact, facebook doesn't only helping to connect people, whereas while facebook does really helping to connect even with our closests friends. for example, if a kid had struggle on doing his homework, h...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should parents ban smart phones for kids?

Dave_Debate
Afiq

Yes. Because all these kids have been doing nonsense by watching all these useless stuff. Also they've been stupid in school by playing games all day and not studying / Doing their homework....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Windows OS Microsoft

TOG_WAS_HERE
theteamnoob

Should Windows 7 or older Operating Systems be put back onto the market?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Are video games overpriced?

HungryBoot
DebatyDebateMaster

Video games are fun, and I do play them myself, but when I see my cash going away, most of the time 59.99 USD, for a disk with software on it, I realize that, dang, I am paying a lot for this. I know not all video games have that 59.99 price tag, but the majority of them do. Gear nuke says,"The average gamer in the US spends around $80 on video games per year, this can include packaged content in the form of console or PC games and Digital content in the form of full game purchases, DLC and...

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

On Balance, the battleship should be reinstated as the flagship of navies and fleets.

greatkitteh
Discipulus_Didicit

I'm back! The debate is pretty straightfoward - on balance, the Battleship should be the flagships of navies like how it was before world war II. I will argue for it; my opponent argues against. Rules-No kritiks, trolling, etc.-Con must stop arguing/rebuttal at the last round-Obama is a llama-You must PM or comment on this debate in order to actually get on. I have the right to say "no" for whatever reason.-Con co...

27 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Liquid Fuel, Molten Salt Reactors (MSRs) are the Future of Nuclear Energy

Liquid-Fuel-Nuclear
edawg99

On proven merit alone, MSRs are the Future of Nuclear Energy, eg: + R+D on MSRs was successfully carried out at ORNL (by MSR Experiment), across the 1950's & 1960's + Builds require less & less-costly materials than what I call "Fuel Rod based dinosaurs" + both in the factory and in the building they'll be installed+running in sealled units + Safer to operate + MSRs fuels remain in Liquid state, ~air pressure (no risk of puncture causing issues) + Low Core pressure (near normal Air pre...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

4k blu ray disks

smokeweedeveryday
futdraft123

Should video games be made on the 4k blu ray disk format in the near future?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is better than the iPhone 6S Plus

sebasifas
Variable_X

Hi! I'm passionate about this, an I'll just wait until my opponent argues first. Go ahead!...

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

should we colonize mars

the_asian_on_the_web
lilboy89905432nZ

Why not colonize Mars? People are dying- we cannot afford to cross our fingers and hope that we will escape the mass extinction that has been predicted. The out comes predicted are 1. global flooding- by 2100, the statue of liberty will be up to it's armpits in water. And that's only the start- all the ice wouldn't have fully melted yet. 2. increased carbon dioxide levels will mean that global warming will be as deadly as ever, and that temperatures are going to be too high for us to live in....

7 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago