teen's should not have cell phones!!
Debate Rounds (3)
Being a teen boy i have a very strong opinion about sell phones .
every day my teacher has a desk full of phones befor 12 .
sell phones are a destraction and waist of time to a teenager .
so i think that teens dont need cell phones.
Accepted. I will argue that teens should indeed have cell phones, because of these reasons:
1. Emergencies and safety. I believe this is the biggest reason. Teens must need cell phones so they can call the police if for example someone try to kill them or something. They will also need it if a accident happens, especially teens, because most teen begins driving. So a teen should have a cell phone for safety, if a accident happens, or for life threating emergencies. Just these 3 reasons alone is enough to any rational person to know that a teen should indeed have a cell phone. And also, some cell phone companies offer GPS tracking programs that can help parents know the teenager's location. This can be very helpful if the teenager has been lost or kidnapped.
2. No excuses. Teens should have cell phones because it will eliminate the excuse for not calling home when they are going to be late or to ask permission about something. If teens have cell phones, they can’t use none of these excuses.
3. Busy schedules. If teens have cell phones, the parents can call to let them know if they are running late or if there’s been a change of plans etc. This is very important because of the fact that many families have such busy schedules these days. This basically becomes a important and very helpful issue for the parents.
4. Communication with Friends. Its very important to a teenager to be social. Basically, having a cell phone allow teenagers to communicate with their friends regularly, and encourage them to take time to sustain and grow relationships with their friends.
5. Responsibility. Giving a teen a cell phone teache teens responsibility. It also gives them a kind of independence. They are almost adults and they can't even have cell phones? Teens are almost adults and should therefore be ready to it. Giving your teen a cell phone is a perfect way to do so. He learns to take responsibility and becomes more ready for the adult life. just because your dad got his first phone when he has 40, it doesn't mean you have to follow his footsteps.
6. Impact on teen life
A majority (57%) of teens view their cell phone as the key to their social life.
80% say their cell phone provides a sense of security while on the go, confirming that the cell phone has become their mobile safety net when needing a ride (79%), getting important information (51%), or just helping out someone in trouble (35%).
Second only to clothing, teens say, a person’s cell phone tells the most about their social status or popularity, outranking jewelry, watches and shoes.
We are living in the modern age, not in the stone age. Teens should indeed have cell phones for their own safety and for they own happiness. Thank you and I'm looking forward to your round.
The statistics showed at 'Impact on teen life', are from: http://www.marketingcharts.com...
claudioleone1 forfeited this round.
Disappointing. Anyway, extending all my arguments...
claudioleone1 forfeited this round.
My opponent has unfortunately once again forfeited. I urge a vote for Con.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.