Render
Steve221

textbooks in school are more reliable than word of mouth teaching.

Render

Pro

I beleive that textbooks are more reliable in the school system than word of mouth teaching because the teacher may confuse students in ways that the textbook cannot. of course the teacher may have a connection of speech on a personal level with the students, but the textbook may lay out the information in ways that all students may relate to. for example, social studies books or literature books. the teacher may get facts excluded from the topic and add them in, confusing the students on said topic. while the textbook can lay out the information in front of the student, in a plain study format, alowing the student to referance the textbook at needed moments, such as homework. with the teacher it requires taking notes, or oral memorization on the topic of speaking. making the study so much harder to learn and understand. i plead for a responding argument. thankyou.
Steve221

Con

I disagree that text book teaching is more reliable then word of mouth teaching. Word of mouth teaching or open discussion teaching would have major advantages compared to the liner book approach. One example is if students are reading strictly out of a text book they may not even comprehend what they are reading. Also you would run into problems with some students that cannot learn that way. Perhaps they are dyslexic or have A.D.D. or simply just cannot read. As for your argument on confusing the students on whatever topic they are studying by adding stuff that may not be in the book. Well is that not a good thing? I would think that as long as a qualified teacher was talking about whatever topic he/she would know what points he/she should stress to the student. Finally I would also like to point out that word of mouth teaching would be more reliable to students because it would start a dialog within the class. which would lead to more questions and more knowledge for the student.
Render

Pro

Render forfeited this round.
Steve221

Con

... I would like to say that my opponent has yet to give me anything to debate lol
Render

Pro

Render forfeited this round.
Steve221

Con

I am assuming my opponent has giving up