Gaming_Debater
bunnery5

the 2D Pokemon games are better than the anime.

Gaming_Debater
Started: 8/30/2014 Category: Games

Gaming_Debater

Pro

I am in affirmation to the resolution above. Con must argue that the Pokemon anime is superior to the video games. BOP is on me.

Debate structure:

R1: Acceptance only
R2: Opening arguments only/no rebuttals
R3-5: Rebuttals

"Better" will be defined as "more enjoyable."

No trolling/semantics as this will result in a 7-point FF.
bunnery5

Con

I am sure that the Pokemon anime is better than the 2d games. First of all, the anime is a long lasting thing as it started back in 97 and continues to attract audiences of all ages. The Anime also provides intense battles as Pokemon is usually one-sided, especially in the original games. In every anime, ash is tested to the limit with his Pokemon and this is what keeps us at the edge of our seat. I don't ever remember being at the edge of my seat playing a 2d Pokemon game. The battles are so close in thee anime that u never really can get bored. The 2d games may be fun, but provide no kind of intensity making it get boring after a while. Another thing with the 2d Pokemon games is that the game gets boring after you beat the elite four. There isn't much to do after that. In the anime, once Ash comes to the league and battles in it, he always fins a new region to go to and explore which makes the anime a lot more interesting, Finally, as the 2d games are just one big story to go at, so is the anime. However, every episode adds there own characters, problems, plot, story, and comedy to it which causes the viewer to feel happy and feel that he is not watching the same thing every time. Overall, the anime is better than the original 2d games.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

Con posted an actual argument in round 1 and did not follow the structure of the debate. Now on to my opening arguments since I said I would do that.

A1: A poor attempt at dramatic irony

The anime is sometimes having Team Rocket use poor disguises To steal Pikachu. But when you see them in the disguises, they are so obvious that instead of thiking "No, Ash! Don't trust them!," you think something along the lines of "WTF how can he [Ash] not tell that those guys are Team Rocket in disguise!? It's so obvious!" The irony is dramatic, But also annoying and monotonous. Here are some photos of how obvious they are:

s://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com...; alt="" width="532" height="302" data-src="https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com...; data-sz="f" />

Don't tell me you didn't recognize them in those outfits. Their Meowth is in plain sight.
s://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com...; alt="" width="640" height="480" />

s://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com...; alt="" width="481" height="362" data-src="https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com...; data-sz="f" />

These poor attempts at dramatic irony are definitely one way in which the ainme is inferior, as the games do not have these.

A2: Autonomy in the games

A2.1: The Trainer's Dilemma

The games give the player a choice between three starter Pokemon: always one grass-type, one water-type, and one fire-type. They can only pick one. They are told that they can only pick one and may know the type advantages of the three pokemon, but there are three things unbeknownst to the player:

1. What are each Pokemon's statistical pros and cons?
2. How useful will this pokemon be in my journey?
3. What types of pokemon will I encounter be able to deal with using this pokemon?

The player cannot answer question one as they have most likely heard the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" and what it means by the time they start playing. They cannot answer question 2 as they have no clue what each pokemon evolves into, nor do they have a way to know what types of Pokemon they will encounter until they actually encounter those pokemon. They cannot answer question three because like I said before, they can't tell what Pokemon they will encounter. With all three questions left unanswered, the player feels like their choice for a starter pokemon will either make them or break them. But the fact is that they can completely complete the game no matter what pokemon they go with and even if they prematurely release their starter Pokemon.

A2.2: The money problem

Early into the game, your yen starts to gradually pile up and you are presented with a pokemon center. there are different items to buy, but you cannot buy them al las you have only so much yen. When you get to Driftveil City, you find a store where you can buy various new items like Moomoo milk and various incences. The game gets you skeptical about how to use your yen by making this game very expensive, thus making you feel autonomous about how to use your money. Even more items like ropes, Pokemon repellent, and TMs are introduced. You legitimately feel like the way you spend your yen will impact your progress.

A3: The Maze Gyms

Ever since G1, the games have been using maze Gyms, in which, starting in gym #3, the player must use their intelligence to find a way to navigate their way through the gym in order to get to the gym leader. They all have different themes and are laid out differently. We did see Ash have to do this in the anime once, but these are now unique to the games. Their uniqueness to the games is one advantage of them over the anime.

bunnery5

Con

bunnery5 forfeited this round.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

Gaming_Debater forfeited this round.
bunnery5

Con

bunnery5 forfeited this round.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

Gaming_Debater forfeited this round.
bunnery5

Con

bunnery5 forfeited this round.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

R1:

"First of all, the anime is a long lasting thing as it started back in 97 and continues to attract audiences of all ages."

Actually. the anime has very shaky ratings, so there is no telling what its current ratings are. the first Pokemon RPG was also released in 96 before the anime first aired (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

<a href=http://www.pokezam.com...; />

as for the anime starting in 97, the first Pokemon RPG was also released in 96 before the anime first aired (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

R2: "The Anime also provides intense battles as Pokemon is usually one-sided, especially in the original games. In every anime, ash is tested to the limit with his Pokemon and this is what keeps us at the edge of our seat. I don't ever remember being at the edge of my seat playing a 2d Pokemon game. The battles are so close in thee anime that u never really can get bored. The 2d games may be fun, but provide no kind of intensity making it get boring after a while."

One-sidedness: The RPG battles also become challenging for the player and is comepletely normal in RPGs. Playing the game means that you are the one who must think of a strategy to beat the boss. You could waatch the anime to be on the edge of your seat or play the games to feel the pressure of being the one to come up with a plan to win. Neither is inherently or objectively superior to the other.

No intensity: Actually they do. They use music to make it more intense, such as the elite 4 theme from Black and White (YouTube video #1).

R3: "Another thing with the 2d Pokemon games is that the game gets boring after you beat the elite four. There isn't much to do after that. In the anime, once Ash comes to the league and battles in it, he always fins a new region to go to and explore which makes the anime a lot more interesting,"

Pokemon primarily appeals to impressionable kids, who are more likely to be casual or speed gamers than to be completionists. Not having anything to do after beating the Elite 4 is no big issue. Even after finishing the games, the player can also play the game with their friends. Even if this is an issue, the games have had more to do after beating the elite 4 since G5, such as finding Kyurem, catching lots pokemon from previous generations, and finding hidden areas the player remembers not being able to previously access, making it fun for completionists, too.

R4: "Finally, as the 2d games are just one big story to go at, so is the anime. However, every episode adds there own characters, problems, plot, story, and comedy to it which causes the viewer to feel happy and feel that he is not watching the same thing every time. Overall, the anime is better than the original 2d games."

Moot as the games feel different too. The gyms, plot, eveything feels different.
bunnery5

Con

bunnery5 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 2 years ago
Gaming_Debater
What's a black market?
Posted by Gaming_Debater 2 years ago
Gaming_Debater
*Claps for 9spaceking*
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
rest of RFD
*sell your ff's to the black market
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
RFD
*Plays super cool rap-beat with music in the background

One debater, the one I didn't choose, didn't do absolutely anythin'
He got slayed by such laser, like a poor moose--he obviously tried everythin'
The winner is such obvious here, easily spotted as a donkey's rear
It's like the loser drank a gallon of beer, he's got a twisted unrealistic sneer

These people don't know how to respect or even wisely manage 'er time
It's always conduct point lost, the winner may taste victory but I taste lemon lime
This is happenin' so often it should be treated by the mod's as a grave crime
The commit-tors should be "rewarded" like in Brain Sludge--painted with slime

You may think your "arguments" are 100-percent unbeatable
Your "impressive hand of cards" an' "grand poker-face" unreadable
In reality you have such shame, even your friends think this incident unspeakable
Your tragic-horror story's so sad an' yet already set, it's un-completable

You forfeit-er, so darn blind, you wander around with a blank mind,
You can't do anything at all, an invisible mountain did you climb
If you had eyes they'd be completely raked--by you, my "great mate"
Your cookie dough of arguments is unbaked, judges gonna give you bad ranks

Please don't go and ask me for any advice, I can't be bo'ered with such li'l lice
I'd rather go eat a bowl of poisonous rice; you forfeiter can't be even be saved by Jesus Christ
You really don't fit the description "intelligent mind", compared to it you're really like a tiny mice
You may think your short rounds are "concise", oh sure they are, and you're just being nice

I shake my head at such incompetence, I really want to print this debate out and crumble it
Don't take any more debates from now on hence, you'll just be killed again, smashed like a poor kid
Your forfeitin' is such terrible I feel like vomitin', stompin' my feet on your rude red word carpet
So just don't do it--it belongs in the Town of Wrongitin, I'll just sell
Posted by Gaming_Debater 3 years ago
Gaming_Debater
yeah. I do watch it here and there but not a whole lot.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 3 years ago
LogicalLunatic
The TV show is extremely repetitive.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 3 years ago
Gaming_Debater
sorry for the delays. I've been grounded.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 3 years ago
Gaming_Debater
sorry about the pictures. The computer I'm using is very old.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 3 years ago
Gaming_Debater
Mikal i don't give a sh*t that it would have ruined the whole debate or how you meant all that. It's still better than getting your annoying BOP comments.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 3 years ago
Gaming_Debater
but you havent accepted it yet and it is thus isnt your bid-nass. I also said NOTHING about it being irrelevant and like i said before, im not a bop expert.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Gaming_Debaterbunnery5Tied
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
Gaming_Debaterbunnery5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: not only did con use no sources and didn't follow the rules, he also.... (See rest of RFD in comments)