twentyseven
Bob13

the Bible is true

twentyseven

Pro

My opponent must prove that the Bible is not true. Con may start the debate.
Bob13

Con

By saying "the Bible is true" I am assuming you mean "everything in the Bible is true". If I can prove a single passage of the Bible to be false, I have fulfilled the burden of proof.

"Get wisdom, get understanding! Do not forget or turn aside from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; love her, and she will safeguard you; the beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom; whatever else you get, get understanding. Extol her, and she will exalt you; she will bring you honors if you embrace her; she will put on your head a graceful diadem; a glorious crown she will bestow on you." (Proverbs 4:5-9)

"For in much wisdom there is much sorrow." (Ecclesiastes 1:18)

These cannot both be true because one says that wisdom is good while the other says that wisdom is bad.

"Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Father, into your hands I commend my spirit'; and when he had said this he breathed his last." (Luke 23:46)

"When Jesus had taken the wine, he said, 'It is finished.' And bowing his head, he handed over the spirit." (John 19:30)

These can't both be his last words.

At least two of these verses are false. The Bible is not true.

twentyseven

Pro

____I will be using the King James Version of the Bible.___________________________________Proverbs 4:5-9 is talking about Godly wisdom.And how you should obey the law and words of God.(Ecclesiastes 1:18) is talking about the wisdom of man.(And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven:this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith..I have seen all the works that are dond under the sun;and,behold,all is vanity and vexation of spirit.(Ecclesiastes 1:13-14) You can read Proverbs 4 and see that the wisdom that the Bible calls good is Godly wisdom,read the whole chapter..____________________________________________________________There is no contradiction in John 19 and Luke 23 Because both accounts are true.In (John 19:30,it does not say Jesus' last words are "It is finished" It says he said that moments before he died. It probably was the second to last thing he said..In (Luke 23:46)it says "Father into thy hands I command my spirit"and having said thus,he gave up the ghost."_______Because the Bible says "and having said thus,he gave up the spirit"Means that was his last words..It does not say "having said thus"in John..Jesus must have said John 19:30 first and then he said Luke 23:46.It fits perfectly together if it was said that way.So there is no contradiction in these verses.__________________________________________Each Gospel Book is written a little different Why? Because they was wrote by different people.But they all agree with each other,This is a good reason to believe these books to be true..
Bob13

Con

"Proverbs 4:5-9 is talking about Godly wisdom.And how you should obey the law and words of God."

Prove it. Cite a verse in the passage that mentions Godly wisdom.

"read Proverbs 4 and see that the wisdom that the Bible calls good is Godly wisdom,read the whole chapter.."

I read the whole chapter. It doesn't mention Godly wisdom.

"..Jesus must have said John 19:30 first and then he said Luke 23:46."

Luke 23:46 says he "cried out in a loud voice". John could not possibly ignore this, especially since he was at the foot of the cross when it happened.
twentyseven

Pro

(Proverbs 3:19-22) " The Lord by wisdom hath founded the Earth;by understanding hath he established the heavens.By his knowledge the depths are broken up,and the clouds drop down the dew.My son,let not them depart from thine eyes:keep sound wisdom and discretion:So shall they be life unto thy soul,and grace to thy neck." This is the same kind of wisdom described in Proverbs 4:5-9. This can be seen by reading chapter 3 and 4 together._________________________________________My opponent says "Luke 23:46 says he (Jesus)" cried out in a loud voice" John could not possibly ignore this especially since he was at the foot of the cross when it happened" But just because John did not include "cried out in a loud voice" does not mean anything.It does not contradict (Luke 23:46) if John includes this verse or not. If John would have said Jesus did not cry out,then that would be a contradiction,but he did not say that.
Bob13

Con

" This is the same kind of wisdom described in Proverbs 4:5-9. This can be seen by reading chapter 3 and 4 together"

There's a reason that 3 and 4 are separate chapters, and that's because they are talking about different things. Proverbs 4:5-9 says wisdom is good, while Eccelesiastes 1:18 says wisdom is bad. Therefore, one of them is false. Not everything in the Bible is true.

"If John would have said Jesus did not cry out,then that would be a contradiction,but he did not say that."

I guess I have not proven that passage to be false, but since I proved a different one to be false, I have fulfilled the burden of proof.

I have some advice for you, Pro:

• In the first round, be more specific. Explain exactly what the resolution means. If you do not specify exactly what you are arguing for, your opponent can take advantage of that by creating his own resolution.

• Define a round structure. The last round should be conclusions so that I can't refute your arguments and win. A typical round structure is: Acceptance, Arguments, Rebuttals, More Rebuttals, Conclusions.

• Use better spacing. Make sure to include a space after punctuation marks. Voters can give me points for spelling/grammar because you did not do so.

• When quoting the Bible, quote the whole verse/passage. Don't just tell your opponent what to read.

Vote Con!

Posted by WaraiOtoko 10 months ago
WaraiOtoko
is saying the Ark is incapable of holding 2 every species based on its dimensions and thus never happened a valid answer.