EthanTheAce
Reeseroni

the Illuminati is real

Reeseroni

EthanTheAce

Pro

the Illuminati is because, triangles have 3 sides!!!
Reeseroni

Con

I accept this debate, and I look forward to Pro convincing me that the Illuminati is intact, a real cult/ organization.

Really fast, here is an analysis of Pro's opening statement: "the Illuminati is because, triangles have 3 sides!!!"

1) 'the'- not capitalized, and is the first word of the sentence

2) 'Illuminati is because,'- poorly placed comma, and the sentence lacks a direct object, or subject complement, but proceeds to use a linking verb 'is' which leaves the sentence open ended with a word 'illuminati' that does not modify any other words, yet precedes a linking verb.

3) 'triangles have 3 sides!!!'- Pro appears to have involved geometry into this statement, but fails to provide any proof of a triangle having three sides. By admitting that a triangle has three sides, one must prove to another who may or may not be familiar with the subject, why the triangle has three sides. Pro provides a reason and a statement for his proof of the existence of the Illuminati, but fails to provide more than one.

If one debates this idea, Pro should provide more information for Con to use in his rebuttals; single sentences are next to worthless in debating.

This is a breach in conduct, and a horrible insult to me, and makes me feel as though I only deserve one sentence to understand the proposal of the Illuminati's existence.

Now let us investigate this geometric proposal.

A triangle has three sides,
Therefore the Illuminati is real.

If a triangle has four sides, does it mean that the Illuminati is not real?
If the Illuminati is not real, does a triangle still have three sides?

Equating an idea to a geometric theorem is plainly ignorant, and if a person is unfamiliar with the theorem, (as I mentioned earlier) Pro has done a poor job describing their argument.

Well, let us look at the Pythagorean Theorem.

A^2 + B^2 = C^2
This equation uses three variables, which all indicate sides of a triangle. Why does this equate to an infamous cult?

Let us look at a natural example.

The Bermuda triangle is a natural zone in which extremely hazardous conditions provide a harsh environment for ships and air travel, and is notorious for its occurrences all inside of a triangular shape in the ocean. This was not man-made, this came before man, and perhaps before life. For one to equate an occurrence of three sides in this situation to be a reason of existence of a group of human individuals, the argument would thus be false, or extremely unlikely, with a chance of reality being nearly zero.

I feel as though I have thoroughly analyzed Pro's opening argument, and I would love to see what they have to say in defense of their argument.
EthanTheAce

Pro

EthanTheAce forfeited this round.
Reeseroni

Con

Reeseroni forfeited this round.
EthanTheAce

Pro

EthanTheAce forfeited this round.
Reeseroni

Con

Reeseroni forfeited this round.
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
So sorry. I felt like there was a real opportunity to get to the bottom of this Illuminati question.

Do you think he is OK? Should we worry? Perhaps call the Shriners?
Posted by Reeseroni 1 year ago
Reeseroni
If he doesn't respond with a legit response, Im not going to sit up and wait it out, I'm jut gonna blow it off.
Posted by Reeseroni 1 year ago
Reeseroni
You and me both pal
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Please don't forfeit. Please don't forfeit.
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Really looking forward to round two.
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 1 year ago
Paleophyte
EthanTheAceReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited
Vote Placed by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
EthanTheAceReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was tough to judge. The forfeit by Pro MAY be the very proof of the question. Did the Illuminati get to Pro and shut it down? Is Con reporting back on voting? Am I "on a list" now? Con had math. I like math. I admit, he lost me with use of the "^" and letters. Math has numbers, not letters. I have seen a funny E in math before, that may be what Con was trying to do, and that's super cool. Pro had that description of triangles. That should have been sourced. Pro used three exclamation points. That almost swayed me, but I decided that it was mental manipulation. That's not cricket! Don't mess with my head. Debate goes to Con.