Kumquatodor
RedDebater

the Powerpuff Girls VS. the Man of Steel

Kumquatodor

Kumquatodor

Pro

I believe that, in a fight, the Powerpuff Girls would beat the Superman depicted in the Man of Steel movie.

I believe that the Powerpuff Girls, despite being 6, would still win against this Superman.

The Powerpuff Girls have a huge similarity to the Silver Age Superman: they occasionally get random powers that they never use again. Because of this, the girls will be using the powers they use most often. These include, but are not limited to, super strength, speed, durability, Lazar eyes, and energy rays.

The fight:
All three Powerpuff Girls VS. the one Superman.
This Superman is the one depicted in recent the Man of Steel movie.
The characters start about 30 yards (approximately 10 meters) away.
This takes place in an unpopulated Metropolis.
The fight ends when one party cannot fight back.
Each party has no knowledge of the other party

1st round is Acceptance
2nd round is Arguments
3rd round is Arguments/Rebuttals
4th round is Arguments/Rebuttals
5th round is Conclusions/Rebuttals
RedDebater

Con

I accept my opponent's challenge and wish him/her good luck.
Kumquatodor

Pro

Does this font look good? I thought so.

Anyways, good luck to you.

I chose this version of Superman (otherwise known as "Supes") because he isn't rediculously overpowered or underpowered.
I chose the Powerpuff Girls (otherwise known as the PPG or PPG) at their base power because they aren't rediculously overpowered or overpowered.

Superman
Physical Levels
Strength: In the movie, Supes strongest (arguably) feat is lifting an oil rig. I couldn't find estimates on how much that would weigh, (so feel free to correct me) but I would guess that to weigh about 300 tons (are you English/British? If so, I'll put this into the metric system).

Speed: In the movie, Supes flies from Metropolis to the Indian ocean quickly.

Durability: In the climax, Supes is thrown through buildings, explosions, grenades, bullets, and rockets. It is worth noting that the Awesome-Kryptonian-Soldier-Chick (I hope you don't know her name so I can continue to refer to her as such) took a high-class military rocket to the face. This stunned her for several seconds (after which, she owned the military with Death-by-Awesomeness-to-the-Face). Supes is similarly stunned after super-punches to the face.

Reflexes: Superman is indeed faster than a speeding bullet, and his reflexes seeme to be faster than the best boxer, but it seems like he has to think, then respond. Example: in the climax, the military bring in their airmounted super-guns. He looks at the plane, then dashes out of the way just as the bullets start. The Awesome-Kryptonian-Soldier-Chick was not so lucky, and was stunned (for a moment).

Heat Vision: Heat vision seems to be slightly uncomfortable to use for him, but is shown to burn into concrete.

Combat: He is shown to be a good fighter in his own right, but doesn't seem to be as skilled as Zod, Awesome-Kryptonian-Soldier-Chick, or Nameless-Strong-Mussclely-Dude.

Senses: He has X-ay vision, working as both an X-Ray and See-through vision. He seems to hear everything in his immediate area and beyond. He seems to see both far away at night.

If my opponent wishes to dispute this, (s)he may.

the Powerpuff Girl
Physical Levels
Strength: the Girls, on average, lift buses like toys. They often uproot trees as if they were nothing. They punch multi-ton monsters several yards.

Speed: this has usually been consistant. The girls are always like streaks of lightning. The sidewalks (pavements, if you're English/British) make huge cracks in the ground, going down several yards.

Durability: the girls are constantly thrown though walls, into the roads, and facing similar abuse. They respond with annoyance rather than pain; they aren't stunned.

Reflexes: they react to lasars, bullets, and other catastrophes almost instantly.

Heat Vision: Adjustable; able to melt steel, while also able to cut the crusts off bread.

Combat: The girls are rarely saw "fighting", the show usually showing the fight up close and personal. When we do see them fighting, they occassionally throw in a roundhouse kick, so they are at least effective fighters for Kindergardeners.

Ice Breath: Blossom can freeze entire school yards with ease.

Energy Beam: Is able to shatter concrete with ease.

Senses: shown to see at great distances in great detail; can hear yards away; See-through/X-Ray vision; hears at miles away.

Numbers: there are

Supes VS. PPG

Supes might be stronger, but I'm willing to be the girls have more punch-force. Tied.
Speed: PPG.
Durability: Close, but I give it to PPG, as they don't get stunned by being thown through buildings.
Reflexes: PPG.
Sensory/energy Powers: the Girls have more, though I think ice-breath and energeams are most important.
Combat: Supes is an adult, but there are 3 girls. It's a tossup for me. Tied?

It seems that the strength is about even, leaning in Superman's favor.
The Powerpuff Girls are faster.
The Powerpuff Girls don't flinch, whereas Superman does.
The Powerpuff Girls are very responsive to danger, sometimes going into bullet-time.
Blossom's icing ability and the girls' other abilities show them to be above superman.
The girls have energy rays.
I don't know who would win in strictly hand-to-hand.

It is strength VS speed and numbers.

I say, the girls win this.

I await my opponents arguments.
RedDebater

Con

I ask that my opponent maintain a level of maturity that is appropriate for this site, even when debating about topics of lesser seriousness. This includes referring to characters by their appropriate names (i.e. referring to "Awesome-Kryptonian-Soldier-Chick" as Faora-Ul).

I'd like to thank my opponent for asking and I am American, though you need not use the metric system with me as I am familiar with everything.

To start off, I will examine my opponent's assertions to see if they are fair.

Physical Levels
-Strength: I'd actually like to argue that Superman's strongest feat was snapping Zod's neck. If a kryptonian can take the impact of an anti-tank missile that explodes with a force of, on average, 1 kiloton, then Superman would have to have applied at least 1000 tons of power to break his neck.

-Speed: Superman flew all the way around the world in at least a minute, going from the Arctic to Africa to Smallville. Dividing the Earth's circumference by a factor of 2 minutes (i'm being generous), he'd have to have been going at least 333,952.291 m/s

-Durability: We can agree here that his durability is indeed very high.

-Reflexes: That seems to have been more of a creative effort on the director's part over an actual depiction of Superman's reflexes. A better example would be his fight with Faora where he easily blocks several of her blows, and we can assume here that she's throwing out punches faster than a speeding bullet from the helicopter.

-Heat Vision: He's processing raw solar energy so it's understandable that it causes him some discomfort. But heat vision itself is shown to be able to hurt a kryptonian, which I'll use as a larger feat for it over concrete.

-Combat: Agreed, he wasn't bred to be a hero.

-Senses: Agreed. One thing I'd like to add is the presence of superbreath/freeze breath. Just because the film didn't depict it doesn't mean we should assume it was removed. If x-ray vision was kept, why wouldn't they keep the other powers?

Powerpuff Girls Physical levels

-Strength: In the episode Member's Only, Buttercup was shown to lift a mountain with a large building on top of it with one hand. I'd say that's a better range of the PPG's strength, but it's your argument.

-Speed: In the Christmas episode the girl's delivered all the Christmas presents in one night. Again, it's your argument but I'd recommend looking into the girl's complete feats.

-Durability: The girl's durability appears to vary depending on the requirements of the episode. I seem to recall instances where they easiliy take on giant monsters yet are knocked out by the likes of a Mojo Jojo laser.

-Reflexes: About

-Heat vision: Yes

-Combat: I'd say they rely more on brute force than an actual martial arts.

-Ice Breath: Yes, but it's only Blossom who can use it.

-Energy Beam: I actually don't remember this power, yet I will trust you.

-Senses: Agreed

Supes vs PPG
-Strength: Supes is stronger. You can't use punch force as a justification for tieing it b/c Superman himself relies on punch force. It is a poor assumption, especially since he can hit with a force of at least 1000 tons.

-Speed: I'd say this is a tie. While the Christmas episode did show the PPG's speed to be exception, they had at least a couple of hours to deliver all the presents. Superman flew in minutes. I don't know the proper math so I'm just gonna compromise with a tie.

-Durability: This one is definitely for Superman. The girl's are indeed stunned and sometimes knocked out. Superman's stunning isn't enough to justify this statement, especially given his quick recovery time. His kryptonian physiology enables him to survive missile impacts and knock back bullets. There's no contest here.

-Sensory/Energy Powers: I don't see where you are going with this. We are comparing power levels, not power quantity. Superman's heat vision is more powerful than the PPG's given that it can hurt Kryptonian's wearing armor. Also again, it's not fair to assume Superman doesn't have these powers simply b/c they weren't depicted in his first film (talking about the breath's).

-Combat: Superman did beat Zod, someone bred to be a soldier. If you can give me a PPG villain who was similarly-trained, I will agree to a tie but otherwise this one goes to Superman.
Kumquatodor

Pro

Faora-Ul. I am typing it here so I won't forget.

It's your argument but I'd recommend looking into the girl's complete feats.
I'm not using the girls to their fullest. To show why I'm not using the girls at their absolute bests, imagine the following debate: Silver-Age Superman VS. Man of Steel Superman.

Man of Steel Superman seems to have limits, albeit high ones. Silver Age Superman had none. Even if Man of Steel Superman could lift planets, Silver-Age Superman would pick up five and play basketball with them, in five different games, at the same time, against 50 opponents.

If we were to use the PPG at their best (I shall refer to them as Powerpuff Prime) VS Man of Steel Superman, it would be this:

Strength
Buttercup lifted a mountain with one hand like it was nothing. This surpasses anything this Superman could do.
Speed
The girls once broke the speed of light while playing tag. Superman has come nowhere near this Speed.
Durability
The girls have had a building fall on them and didn't flinch. This is would tax Superman a lot
Heat Vision
Th girls once melted concrete to ash!
Duplication

The girls had once duplicated themselves into 500 other girls, who were as strong as the originals.

That wouldn't be that fun to debate, would it? That's why I'm using the girls at their mediums. At their lows, John Burnes' Superman would beat them. At their highest, Silver-age Superman would have to step in. In the middle, Man of Steel Superman is comparable to them.

Just an explanation as to why I didn't use the mountain-lifting feat. On to the debate! Away!

I'd actually like to argue that Superman's strongest feat was snapping Zod's neck.
I don't think that was a STRENGTH feat.

That probably was a mixture of force and skill; punches transfer more energy than a neck-twist. The way neck-twists are done, though, allow you to break the neck.

Think of it this way: Punches transfer more force than a knife. The way knives are, though, allow you to peirce the skin.

In real life, you can snap a neck. You don't exactly have to be a weightlifter to do that. It is skill. Superman doesn't have to be that strong to do that (though he would have to be way stronger than any human).

I still say his best feat was the Oil-rig thing. Do you dispute this?

he'd have to have been going at least 333,952.291 m/s
Ok. I forgot about that.
better example would be his fight with Faora where he easily blocks several of her blows
He blocked a lot, but he got hit a lot, too. Faora was seemingly faster, but he was stronger. He seemed to have moderate difficulty fighting her, although that might be because she was a skilled combatant.

heat vision itself is shown to be able to hurt a kryptonian,
I wonder how hot that is. If it is as hot as the sun, it is about 9000 degrees ferenhiet. This is significant, indeed. However, the Girls' own heat Vision is shown to hur eachother, and the girls swam through a valcanoe, which is at least 5000 degrees.
If x-ray vision was kept, why wouldn't they keep the other powers?
True. Still, we don't know the level of his breath. Could he blow an airplane out of the sky? We don't know. We do know that Blossom can freeze an entire schoolyard or lake almost instantaneously.
I'd say they rely more on brute force than an actual martial arts.
Agreed, I just meant that the girls would probably be better fighters than other 6-year-olds.
I actually don't remember this power, yet I will trust you.
This power was lesser used, but it wasn't a throw-away power. It was used in longer fights, "Uh Oh, Dynamo,". It was shown briefly in "Los Dos Mojos," and other places where the girls were having a hard time.

Supes is stronger.
Agreed, but just how much stronger? I think the question is, can the girls hurt with their punches? I say yes.
I'd say this (speed) is a tie.
I would lean towards the girls here, but, since we don't have concrete numbers, a tie seems good.
This one (durability) is definitely for Superman.
I think we've reached our first major debating point here. I say the Girls are at least tied. In a lot of episodes, there is a monster, who, a lot of the time, throw them through walls.

Also, in one of two episodes they've faced guns, pistols were completely useless. In the second one, Professor was hypnotised. A SWAT team, busted into the store he was stealing from. They pointed Heavy-Fire Machine-Guns (and possibly Gattling-Guns) at him, and the girls stepped in front of him to protect him. They weren't worried at all about being hurt by the possible gunfire, which implies it would hurt them.

The girls have also swam through lava, as seen in the Movie, which may be as hot as Heat Vision (we don't know exactly).

Also in the movie, they played tag for the first time. Buttercup charged Bubble and tagged her, (it was a blurr). We see that the blow (a simple tag) had thrown Bubbles several feet and destroyed half the school. Bubbles's reaction "Tag, you're it!".

The girls are very durable.

If you can give me a PPG villain who was similarly-trained, I will agree to a tie but otherwise this one goes to Superman.
I thought the 3 super-girls might be enough to equal Superman in pure fighting skill. Maybe? I don't know. We can give it to Superman.

Anyways: heres how it comes out for me.

Strength: Superman.
I'm willing to concede that he is stronger.

Speed: Tie.

Heat Vision: (leaning) Powerpuff Girls
Their heat vision hurts eachother, is hotter than lava (which they've swam in) and may be able to hurt Superman)

Durability: At least tied.
There are no significant differences.

Reflexes: Tie.

Sensory Powers: Tie.

Raw Combat Skills: Superman
Without powers, a muscular adult VS. 3 children is no contest.

Now, based on these stats, it seems as if Superman will win. Superman seems to be a bit more powerful than 1 girl. The problem is: there are 3 girls

The way I see it, Superman is 1.5x a Powerpuff Girl. However, with there being 3 girls, Superman would lose.

I say that there are just to many for Superman to win. One girl and Superman have an (about) even powerlevel. Superman would be facing three smaller Supermen!
RedDebater

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent and apologize for any aggresion he/she may have found in my request.

While I do disagree with my opponent's "Powerpuff Prime" assertion, I will leave it alone since it isn't a part of this debate.

Strength

My opponent makes a good argument, so I will instead change Superman's strongest feat to that of him flying against the terraforming machine. This is both a strength and speed feat as he is flying against a force of at least 340.29 m/s (the speed of sound).

A good point but he was taking both her and that bigger Kryptonian on at the same time, as well as protecting the military. Faora was definitely a threat on her own, but I'd like to point those out as well. Another reflex stat would be him dodging those tentacles from the terraforming machine in space if you need another.

I wouldn't be so quick to claim that it was as hot as the sun but I assume it's definitely around there as it is, as I said before, processed solar energy. We know that kryptonians can survive walking through fire (when he was in the oil rig) and Zod's forces were wearing that missile-proof armor. Let's say 8000 degrees? Still hotter than the PPG's.

Since it isn't officially established in the film and since only Blossom can use this ability, can we agree to drop it?

I agree to this also

Superman was also thrown threw a bunch of walls as well in the film (there was a ton of collateral damage, remember?).

My opponent will have to forgive as I do doubt this actually occurred, given that PPG was a children's show and guns were prohibited from most shows. I do recall Fuzzy Lumpkins haven't a shotgun, but machine guns seem a bit extreme. If my opponent can provide an episode title that I can look into I will believe him, but until then no.

Regardless, I will try and put a final stake in this durability argument by stating this sequence of events:

-Superman fights Faora and Nam-Ek (large Kryptonian).
-Superman destroys the terraforming machine.
-Superman fights Zod.

All these events were done within minutes of each other and he was able to survive and continue on from each one. While super-healing is another power to consider, durability was the primary ability holding it together.

My opponent made the assertion that Superman is a 1.5 PPG. If we use this # that my opponent provided, Superman fighting two Kryptonians of near-equal power is = fighting 3 PPG (2x1.5 = 3).

The breakdown:

Strength- Superman (as my opponent agreed to as well).

Speed- Tie (as my opponent agreed to as well)

Heat vision- Superman (as I established above, his heat vision is hotter).

Durabilty- Superman (again as I established)

Reflexes: Tie

Sensory Powers: There's nothing here to compare since the PPG have more (you forgot that Fire Cat they can combine into), so I'd like to, with permission from my opponent, drop this category.

Raw: Combat Skills: Superman

As I did above (using my opponent's own statistics) Superman essentially took on 3 PPG.

Also, let's look at a common sense factor here that my opponent touched upon. Superman is in his 20s, the girl's are 6 years old. We have to understand that they are still not as powerful as they can be due to their age limit. If this was Powerpuff Girls Z where the girls were all 15 years old, then my opponent would have an argument. However, this is just logic at its best.

Superman wins in the majority of these categories and utlimately the fight itself.

I await my opponent's counter-argument.
Kumquatodor

Pro

I will instead change Superman's strongest feat to that of him flying against the terraforming machine.
There probably IS a way to figure just how strong that is, since we know that a particle attracts every other particle with a force directly proportional to the square of their masses and indirenctly proportionaal to the scale of the distance between them to cause Universal Gravitation...

I have know idea what that means, except that that is the definition of universal gravitation...

A good point but he was taking both her and that bigger Kryptonian on at the same time
Actually... You are mistaken. I just rewatched the clip.

Superman got the first move. They were doing a stare-down, when a plane came. Faora attacked it, then Supes flew into her at immense speed, taking her at least half a mile into an Aplebees.

They stood up, looked at each other, and Supes attacked. Faora dodged easily, and then proceeded to beat him for about 30 secs. "You're weak, Kal."

Superman was being beat straight up, one-on-one, mono-y-mono.

Then, desperate Superman flew with her to the town, where Nam-Ek joined in.

Remember, if 1 Kryptonian=1.5 Powerpuff Girls, then 2 Kryptonians=3 Powerpuff Girls.

It is pretty clear that Superman was having difficulty against the two; the only way he one was to:

1) Throw Nam-Ek into a fuel-tank (that explodes)
2) Get out of the way of the military
3) Let the military shoot rocket at Faora's face
4) Throw a plane (that explodes) at Faora.

If the military hadn't shown up, Supes would be at the bottom of Zod's shoe!

Since it isn't officially established in the film and since only Blossom can use this ability, can we agree to drop it (breath)?
Agreed.

My opponent will have to forgive as I do doubt this actually occurred, given that PPG was a children's show and guns were prohibited from most shows... If my opponent can provide an episode title that I can look into I will believe him, but until then no.
The episode was Ploys R' Us.

I would have been skeptical to.

durability was the primary ability holding it together.
He does indeed have powerful durability

If this was Powerpuff Girls Z where the girls were all 15 years old, then my opponent would have an argument.

Interesting Fact: Tara Strong (the brony queen, who also voiced Bubbles) was asked about PPG Z. Her response: I only watch the real Powerpuff Girls.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I did watch the show, sadly. I would argue that the girls in PPG Z were weaker than the PPG!
On a side note, why do the Japanese always put "Z" at the end of their titles?

We also mustn't assume the girls get stronger with age. There is no evidence.

In City of Clipsville, we see the girls older. As teenagers... I still have nightmares... Scary... Wait... I'm a teenage boy... They're teenage girls... NO! I'M NOT GOING THERE!

My opponents argument about "Superman has already beaten, for all intents and purposes, 3 Powerpuff Girls" is flawed, as I pointed out. Suprman did not "win". He just hid as the gov. shot a rocket into Faora's face, and he watched as a small jet crash landed on her face... Superman would not have won if the military had not intervened...
RedDebater

Con

Well, we both agreed that Superman was stronger, so feats wise it appears irrelavant, no? Save us both the headache ;)

Alright, to dispute this now. I actually also just rewatched the clip ;). My opponent has hidden a fair amount of the truth here my friends. Yes, Supes was getting beaten by Faora. That much is true. However, after Nam-Ek joins the fight, both proceed to fight Superman and knock him to the ground before he blasts both with heat vision, then solos Nam-Ek.

Let's stop here b/c my opponent prepared for this by acknowleding that Superman beat Nam-Ek by throwing him into a fuel tank. Well this actually contributes to my argument. It's simple strategy; use your environment. In a fight with the PPG, we have to assume that these characters are fighting not just a physical one, but a strategic one. It contributes to Superman's intelligence.

Superman then does another strategic move by damaging Faora's solar shield thing, thereby causing her senses to overload (something he accidentally did to Zod earlier).

Now the rest of his statements are false. He doesn't let the military shoot a rocket at Faora. He dodges a train thrown at him by Nam-Ek while Faora decides to purposefully take the rocket as I assume that she believes she's strong enough to take it. I'm not completey sure about what causes the plane to explode, but I know for a fact Superman wasn't responsible for crashing. Either way Faora gets knocked-out.

To sum it up, Superman used strategy to beat these two Kryptonians, one who was physically stronger and one who was much better in hand-to-hand combat. These are two aspects that the PPG lack over Superman, so the fact that he was able to beat them more than evens the battlefield, even if he was initially losing.

The episode was Ploys R' Us.
I would have been skeptical to.

I'm afraid you'll have to remain skeptical my friend. I rewatched the episode just now and the Professor is shot with suction-cup darts. And the girls don't step in front to protect him if my opponent wants to try and argue that point. After rewatching it, I actually remember this episode, but here is a link to it for proof;

That being said, I don't doubt that the girls are bulletproof. However, this point was made as part of a durability conflict between Superman and the PPG and, seeing as how there is no more proof for my opponent to back-up the girls, Superman takes the cake.

Tara Strong is th Woman of 1000 Voices.

On a side note, why do the Japanese always put "Z" at the end of their titles? We also mustn't assume the girls get stronger with age. There is no evidence.

I was only using it as an age-factor relation support, not a power-level. And that latter sentence appears to be my opponent's way of stating my suggestion that the girls would be stronger is false. I'm not sure if I should thank him for doing that.

That last sentence is up for debate, but I did prove that Superman used strategy to beat them in a fight.

To sum things up for our closing statements (or rebuttals if my opponent chooses), here is the list:

Strength- Superman

Speed- Tie

Durability- Superman

Combat/Strategy- Superman

Reflexes- Tie

Heat Vision- Superman

As you voters can clearly see, the PPG have not won any category and tie in only 2. While speed and reflexes are definitely important factors in a battle, they ultimately do not put the girls above the Man of Steel.
Kumquatodor

Pro

He dodges a train thrown at him by Nam-Ek while Faora decides to purposefully take the rocket as I assume that she believes she's strong enough to take it.
I saw it wrong... Well... There goes that argument.
And the girls don't step in front to protect him if my opponent wants to try and argue that point.
Admittedly, I should have rewatched the episode to make sure that I wasn't misremembering...

There goes that point gone...

Tara Strong is th Woman of 1000 Voices.
You wouldn't believe how much of a fanboy I am of her... I have an autographed picture hanging on my wall.

Well... Good job... You have effectively AFIRED YOURA LAZAR! All my base are belong to you.

Well... Crap...

One thing my opponent will NEVER dispute: the girls are cuter than Superman...
RedDebater

Con

Lucky, I want one! I will admit that I dislike her Harley Quinn voice. Sorry, but she just can't replace Arleen Sorkin!

In the end, I'd like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. You know, with all the serious topics running around this site, it's nice to relax and argue about something much more light in a civilized and dignified manner. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this and wish my opponent good luck in future debates.

Damn straight, though I say that in a platonic way of course xD.
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
Ah well, I'll be surprised to discover the results of this done by Christmas lol as I'll have forgotten about it.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
3 months sounded shorter in my head.
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
Why's voting at 90 days lol?
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
Huh, that's interesting.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
She isn't like Sorkin, but, apparently, they told her to be different.

The studio wanted a different voice (not a Sorkin impression).

Anyways, you can find clips on Youtube.
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
I haven't gotten Injustice, so I'll have to check it out. Here's hoping she's better in Arkham 3 (not Origins).

I didn't watch BTAS much as a kid either (one of my biggest regrets), but Sorkin just had the perfect quality in her voice (since it was her natural, it's justified that Strong can't perfectly imitate it).
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
She actually changed her Quinn voice. In Injustice, it is different (and, I think, better) than Arkham City.

But Sorkin...

I only saw 1 episode of BTAS growing up... I only started watching the show last year, so nostalgia isn't blinding me, but Sorkin is Quinn to me.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
TheFurryOat:

Of Course!

That's why I chose the Man of Steel's version and the Powerpuff Girls at their base level. They seems to be weaker, but not at the weakest:

At best, Supes goes 14x FTL. At worst, he is Mach 3.
Here, he goes several Machs, but nowhere near lightspeed.

At best, Supes juggles planets. At worst, a tank is heavy.
Here, he at least 300 tons before he starts testing his limits.

At best, Supes can take a nuke without flinching. At worst, a missile does damage.
Here, the best military rockets do damage.

At best, PPG goes several times fast than light. At worst a few hundred MPH.
Here, they are a blur, going several machs.

At best, they lift mountains like nothing. At worst, a van is heavy.
Here, they lift several tons.

At best, they take nuclear blasts, at worst, simple blows hurt.
Here, they are slammed through several buildings.
Posted by TheFurryOat 3 years ago
TheFurryOat
Do you watch Death Battle on Screwattack.com? lol
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
Fixed. I changed it to "cannot fight back". The girls aren't above stopping their opponents, and Superman isn't either.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
KumquatodorRedDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Really awesome debate. Pro showed that the powerpuff girls may have an edge on Superman in speed and a slight advantage in strength, but con had a really good point in showing the durability of Superman which trumps those of the PPG. The two were remakable similar in all aspects but the ultimate deciding factor for me was pro's argument that since there are 3 PPG vs 1 Superman, they would overwhelm him. Superman could take on any PPG in a one on one fight, but when outnumbered 3 to 1 the odds shift dramatically in favor of the PPG. Arguments to pro since he ultimately met his BoP, but Ill give sources to con because this was a really, really close debate and I think my vote should reflect that. Great debate to both sides! *like*