Andreaajayy
cindybe2222

the San Antonio Spurs will beat the Portland Blazers and will advance to the next round

Started: 5/8/2014 Category: Sports

Andreaajayy

Pro

The Spurs may be "old" but they are the best team hands down. They know how to work as a team. Tim Duncan , Ginobili and Parker work as one. The chemistry in this team is noticeable. Tim Duncan is the best power forward in the NBA today. I believe it was Charles Barkley that mentioned on Tuesday during game one that Tim Duncan has played more playoff games than the blazer's franchise. I looked it up and its true "Tim Duncan has won more playoff games in his career (129) than 20 of the other 29 current NBA franchises" (NBA.com). At the age of 38 he still continues to amaze the crowd. The spurs have experienced players as well as young tough and energetic players. It's the perfect team. NBA.com has amazing facts I kept on reading and I found out that Duncan, Parker and Manu Ginobili are the first trio on a team other than the Celtics and Lakers to reach the NBA Finals four times together. First trio being Magic Johnson , Abdul-jabbar and Michael Cooper with the Lakers. The Spurs are a wise and experienced team. The old teach the new. The Blazers may have a chance because they are very young and quick, but in my opinion they wont get far. The Spurs already won the first game. I really do think they will win tonight. I predict they'll take it to game 6 and end it there. I believe the Spurs will win their 6th western conference championship along with their 5th NBA championship.
cindybe2222

Con

I see your point Andrea, but only because they have been playing for years as a trio doesn't make them the best in the league. As you can see they haven't won the playoffs in the last couple of years, and that's with the three of them playing. The Portland Blazers have had an excellent track record when it comes to their defense. On the blog, SB Nation, it is said that they have won over 54 games in the pre-season and have gotten past the first round of playoffs, which means they could still surprise the league by turning it around and playing as well as in the first round.
Andreaajayy

Pro

I see what you're saying Cindy. I do agree that not only because they have good standings means they will win, but it does increase the chances of them going all the way. The Blazers have an all time winning percentage of 53.4%. They have only advanced to the NBA finals three times and won an NBA final once, that was in 1977. Now this doesn't mean that they wont go to the finals but it does prove that they haven't made it that far in years. They don't have as much experience as the Spurs. The Spurs know what works and what doesn't because the older players give the young advice and tips on making it this far. The Spurs are a team with international players who understand the game. We have players from Italy, France, Argentina. These are players who have bonded into one and taught each other different skills they have learned along the way. The Spurs know how to win.
cindybe2222

Con

cindybe2222 forfeited this round.
Andreaajayy

Pro

Andreaajayy forfeited this round.
cindybe2222

Con

cindybe2222 forfeited this round.