jazzyfizzle
Bitz

the affect society have on our youth

jazzyfizzle

Pro

SOMETIMES WHEN I LOOK AT TODAYS SOCIETY I JUST SAY, WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO OUR YOUTH...TO ME ON A PERSONALY LEVEL SOCIETY HAS PUT A TOLL ON OUR YOUTH FROM THE AGES OF 10 TO 21.AND IT SHOWS...SOCIETY HAS PUT IN OUR YOUNG PEOPLE MIND THAT, U CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT..BUT THEY NEVER TELL HOW YOU WOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR IT..I FELL LIKE OUR SOCIETY HAS GROWN LAZY.TO THE PRESSURE OF BEING LIKE OTHER PEOPLE..AND WHEN THEY REALIZE THAT BEING LIKE SOMEONE ELSE WILL NOT WORK IN LIFE.THATS WHEN THEY GROW LAZY.
LET SAY YOU WANT TO BE LIKE BILL GATES.YOU WILL NEVER GET THERE BY SITTING ON YOU BUT, AND SAYING I WANT TO BE LIKE BILL GATES..AS I STATED BEFORE SOCIETY HAS INSTALLED LAZYNESS IN OUR YOUTH..AND NEVER INSTALL THE RIGHT VALUES SUCH AS HARD WORK.
Bitz

Con

I accept this challenge.

Firstly, the resolution you have offered is "the affect society have on our youth" You have challenged me to this debate and taken the Pro side, implying that you agree with what society has to offer to our youth. Yet the argument you have written above seems to be implying that you disagree with what society has to offer children, a clear contradiction. You seem to be a bit confused....

For the sake of argument, I am going to assume you disagree with the impact society has on our youth, since that is what your argument in round 1 implies.

You said: "SOCIETY HAS PUT IN OUR YOUNG PEOPLE MIND THAT, U CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT..BUT THEY NEVER TELL HOW YOU WOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR IT"

Simply not true. For just about every job in which one becomes a working member of society, one needs to know at the very least, the basics of Math, Science, and English.

Even in public schools academic subjects such as Math, Science, History, English, and Literature are taught to the youth of America to advance their education, for the purpose of preparing them, at the very least, to hold a steady Job.

Our society wants its youth to learn a broad range of subjects by the time they are out of high school so that the individual youth may keep their job options open. Different Jobs require different amounts of knowledge in different fields of academia.

Once past the fundamental education stages (High School), people tend to chose careers, which is exactly where college comes in handy. IE: If one wants to be an accountant, one may take a course in accounting to learn how to be an accountant, Simple.

Society has provided methods of education it's youth in career fields.

"I FELL LIKE OUR SOCIETY HAS GROWN LAZY.TO THE PRESSURE OF BEING LIKE OTHER PEOPLE..AND WHEN THEY REALIZE THAT BEING LIKE SOMEONE ELSE WILL NOT WORK IN LIFE.THATS WHEN THEY GROW LAZY."

While I agree society has grown lazy, I fail to see it's correlation with desiring to be like someone else.

Society has become lazy due to the overindulgence of entertainment, fast food, and the wonderful technological advancements that allow us to spend our leisure time. Most of the causes of youth becoming lazy are from technologies found in common households. IE: T.V., I pod, Computer.

Since the laziness of our youth is coming from technologies found in the common house, It's the PARENT'S RESPONSIBILITY, NOT SOCIETIES to ensure that their children studies despite these attractive indulgences.

"AS I STATED BEFORE SOCIETY HAS INSTALLED LAZYNESS IN OUR YOUTH..AND NEVER INSTALL THE RIGHT VALUES SUCH AS HARD WORK."

Then how do you explain the education system installed by our society?

As I said before, If a parent lets a child watch T.V. all day instead of doing his/her homework, that source of laziness is the parent's fault, not societies.
jazzyfizzle

Pro

well my mistake...i am not in agreement with the topic.
to began my argument agree that society has place lots of programs to help youth excels if that the case then high school drop out would not be so high....so i think that with society, you have i pods and computers...but that society...they place new electronics on the market everyday...due to the fact that they know with good advertising it would get bought
Bitz

Con

"to began my argument agree that society has place lots of programs to help youth excels if that the case then high school drop out would not be so high"

Again, you have stated something completely false. The vast majority of American youth are not high school dropouts. In addition, the percentage of high school dropouts in the USA is clearly decreasing; implying society's affect on its youth is in the right direction. This statistical information showing these statements to be true is form the SSBR also know as The White House Social Statistics Briefing Room. From the year 1972 to 2004 total High School dropout rates have dropped from 14.6% to 10.3%, the table also shows that almost each year, progress is made in lowering the dropout rate in American youth. Almost each year, the drop out rate declined. (1)

"so i think that with society, you have i pods and computers...but that society...they place new electronics on the market everyday...due to the fact that they know with good advertising it would get bought"

Again, I really don't see this as an issue one can blame on society over the lack of proper parenting. The people have every right to sell and advertise electronics. If a kid's electronic toys are preventing him from concentrating in academic subjects, it is the parent's responsibility to take them away, plain and simple.

SOURCES: (1) http://nces.ed.gov...
jazzyfizzle

Pro

LATLY IN PHILDELPHIA,THE DEALTH RATE HAS GROWN...AM SURE MANY KNOW OF THE MANY VOILENCE THAT OCCURED IN PHILDELPHIA..AND AM SURE YOU HEARD OF SILLY STUPID GAMES KNOWN AS THE CHOCKING GAME.AND THE MANY TEENS THAT GET HIGH...NOW TELL ME AGAIN THAT HAS TO DO FULLY OF PARENTING SKILLS.SOCIETY HAS PLACE THE FARE IN OUR YOUTH THAT IF YOU DONT DO WHAT YOUR FRIENDS DO, THEN YOUR NOT COOL...KNOW I DONT KNOW NOT ONE KID THAT HAS NOT DONE SOMETHNG JUST CASUSE THEIR FRIENDS DID IT...AND EVEN WITH THEIR PARENTS GIVING THEM SKILL TO SAY NO TO PURE PRESSURE. SOCIETY HAS OUR KIDS IN A GAP..AND UNTILL EVERYONE JOIN IN TOGTHER AND WORK HARD..SOCIETY IS GOING TO KEEP TAKING OUR KIDS FROM US.
Bitz

Con

Since my opponent has not responded to my point about national high school drop-outs declining, I humbly request my arguments pertaining to that issue are extended.

"LATLY IN PHILDELPHIA,THE DEALTH RATE HAS GROWN...AM SURE MANY KNOW OF THE MANY VOILENCE THAT OCCURED IN PHILDELPHIA"

Very misleading argument, Instead of taking the United States as a whole, you chose to pick one of the most violent places out of all the United States. Do you honestly expect that to be used to show our affect on youth as a whole is going down the drain?

I can do the same thing you did, watch: IN HAWII, THE DEATH RATE HAS SHOWN A DEASTIC DECLINE FROM 1900 TO 2000 DROPPING FROM 15% TO ~6%.

See, does that mean that the death rate has declined as a whole? Of course not! One must take the entire United States into consideration before passing judgment. It is quite clear that the death rates regarding the United States as a WHOLE have declined. Over a 104 year span from 1900 to 2004 the death rate in the United States has dropped from 17.2 to 8.2 (U.S. Annual Death Rates per 1,000 Population, 1900–2004)
Source: http://www.infoplease.com...

In addition, crime rate in the United States has declined as well

Source: http://media.gallup.com...

Clearly, the whole of our society is in the right direction.

"AND AM SURE YOU HEARD OF SILLY STUPID GAMES KNOWN AS THE CHOCKING GAME.AND THE MANY TEENS THAT GET HIGH"

Again, you must take societies youth as a whole in order to pass judgment. The vast majority of society's youth are not playing the fainting game. This also falls under the issue of parenting, (see argument in next paragraph)

Youths are getting high; however this falls under the category of parenting. If I was a father and knew dangerous behavior was being practiced in the general area, it would be my responsibility as a parent not only to warn my children immensely about any dangers, but also to take any steps necessary to prevent it from happening.

There is evidence to show that bad parenting is directly correlated with teen drug use.

Source: http://chd.sagepub.com...

"NOW TELL ME AGAIN THAT HAS TO DO FULLY OF PARENTING SKILLS"

I assert the majority of causality for drug use is correlated with bad parenting as supported from my source listed above.

"SOCIETY HAS PLACE THE FARE IN OUR YOUTH THAT IF YOU DONT DO WHAT YOUR FRIENDS DO, THEN YOUR NOT COOL"

This aspect of society is fine so long as the thing's ones friends are doing aren't dangerous or anything in that vicinity. However if they are, such as drug use, then the source I have listed above shows evidence that those things are correlated with poor parenting.

"KNOW I DONT KNOW NOT ONE KID THAT HAS NOT DONE SOMETHNG JUST CASUSE THEIR FRIENDS DID IT...AND EVEN WITH THEIR PARENTS GIVING THEM SKILL TO SAY NO TO PURE PRESSURE."
Personal experiences count for just about nothing when applying them to the general statistical facts of society as a whole.

"SOCIETY HAS OUR KIDS IN A GAP"

By gap, if you refer to education, then sure. By gap, if you refer to getting job opportunities, then sure.

With everything, there comes a good and bad. It's true there are negative impacts society has instilled on children, however the pros outweigh the cons. Without Society, our youth would simply be a group of uneducated, unorganized, unlearned fools. You speak about our youth getting jobs, and how society doesn't teach them how to work. Without Society kids won't even know the simple fundamental laws of math, much less how to hold a job from 9 to 5.
Posted by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
oooh chocking game... whoops...
Posted by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
haha the Choking Game! That HAS to be a joke, I know this debate isn't supposed to be funny, but I nearly fell off my seat when I read that
Posted by Lenfent 9 years ago
Lenfent
1. Never type in all caps, it's irritating.
2. Don't use 'u' in place of the word 'you', it makes you look unintelligent.
3. Ellipses are not meant to be used repeatedly in the same paragraph, they're used for emphasis.
Posted by Bitz 9 years ago
Bitz
ahh what the heck, I'll accept the challenge and debate it the best I can, despite the fact I agree with you.
Posted by Bitz 9 years ago
Bitz
jazzyfizzle,

I agree with you on this issue, find an issue I disagree with you on and we can debate.
Vote Placed by zdog234 9 years ago
zdog234
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by Aietius 9 years ago
Aietius
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by theaceb 9 years ago
theaceb
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by Bitz 9 years ago
Bitz
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by jazzyfizzle 9 years ago
jazzyfizzle
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by Lenfent 9 years ago
Lenfent
jazzyfizzleBitzTied
Vote Placed by DrAlexander 9 years ago
DrAlexander
jazzyfizzleBitzTied