the christian god is a metaphor for belief

therfore god is real if you believe and any one disagreeing are wrong.. belief is belief, is true

I accept. To be sure I have this right, as the con side, I'm taking the approach the Christian God is more than a metaphor and actually a being existing outside of our space-time.

outside space and time is non being.. matter is space and time

Outside of space-time does not mean you cannot exist. It simply means our laws of Physics/time do not apply. Any statements beyond that would simply be conjecture. Furthermore, God has been described as a being of pure love. Love, being hard to define, probably shouldn't be used here in such a short debate.

Furthermore, I fully disagree with belief = love. I believe many horrible things have happened and show no love towards them. I believe you exist, however, I can't say that I love you beyond the base amount of love I have (or try to have) for the human race.

The amount of information (this could be another debate) pertaining to how our universe and the things in it appear designed are one of the many reasons I believe in a creator being outside of our space-time. Once I've arrived at that conclusion, the search was for "who" that could be. My search has led me to believe in the Christian God/Jesus. This conclusion then meaning the Christian God is not simply a belief, but an actual "thing".

so how have you detected whats outside of space and time? santas monocle?

no its simply means people are very easy to fool

love=positive emotion+returning at energy

human is a species, the bad part being love, by negative contrast by necessety of opposition for positive to exist

only santa is outside of space and time

belief that, to believe there is something or someone outside of space and time is the only way for someone or something to not be outside space and time

dude my proof that you are wrong is your words.. there is just no way to put it better

You can't detect what's outside of space-time as I stated above. It's only conjecture.

However, your debate statement is that the Christian God is simply a metaphor. As you did not respond to my ideas of evidence pointing in that direction (which I was expecting to elaborate on, but couldn't) I will try my best to sum up a counter side.

Belief is a definable thing. Your statement implies the Christian God was only constructed by human minds, therefore is a metaphor.

I tried to go the route of showing there is an intelligence behind creation and expected to elaborate on why here. However, as there is no follow-up, Ill finish with this:

For those who believe in God, he is absolutely not a simple metaphor for belief.
For those who do not believe in God, the idea of a being who created everything, is not a metaphor, but an option.

Therefore, the Christian God is not a metaphor for belief, but is an option for belief.

Thank you for your time and comments.