afreakforjesus
A_Nebiah

the christian god is the god of the bibel

afreakforjesus

Pro

The crhsitian god is the same god of the bilbe and so is jesus Christ. There is nothing dfferent about the Christian god and Christ he is the same as the bible talks about him.
A_Nebiah

Con

I thank my rival for hosting this debate.

My opponent did not lay out any statues, so I'm assuming that R1 is the beginning of arguments. Now, with this in mind, my challenger only makes one statement and provides no supporting evidence for his/her statement. Therefore, I will refute my opponents statement.

My opposer states, "The crhsitian god is the same god of the bilbe and so is jesus Christ. There is nothing dfferent about the Christian god and Christ he is the same as the bible talks about him."

-
There is a huge issue with the statement that my opposer may or may not see. 1: he/she made many spelling and grammar mistakes, 2: Christianity today, is a religion, it is no longer a faith. Hence, the so called "Christian God and Jesus Christ," are not in any way, shape or form, the same as Yahuah or our Messiah Yahu'shua of the Bible. Modern day Christians worship their own god and jesus. I will further explain. The Christian "god" is an "all-loving" god. The Higher Power Yahuah of the bible, is not an "all-loving" god. The Most High is a MAN of WAR - Exodus 15:3. There is a time for Him to love, there is a time for Him to hate, and there is a time for Him to prepare for war and fight, which is currently happening now. Now, I want to ask my opposer this question. If the "Christian God" is the same god of the Bible and apperantly is an "all-loving" "God," then why did he allow so much violence to take place? Why is he allowing violence to take place still today? Why is he allowing children to starve to death? Families becoming homeless? Why are all these bad things happening in this world, if the "Christian God" is in fact an "all-loving" "God" and is the same as the Higher Power in the Bible. An "all-loving" god would never allow violence to occur, nor would he let many people be violently killed, go hungry, be homeless, etc...

Modern day Christianity and all of these other religions, are the same.

Religion - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Now, have you all noticed that the definition of religion says, "and worship of A superhuman controlling power?" Christians, just as every other religion, have their own god and Jesus. The definition of religion did not say "The" superhuman controlling power, it said A, meaning that there is more than one god in this world that is being worshiped.

Now, these are my claims to refute my rival’s statement.

1. The Christian god is three entities in one, otherwise known as the Trinity. According to the Bible, the Trinity is a LIE; doesn’t exist, and the word Trinity is not even in the Bible. In the Bible, Yahuah is ONE MAN.

The “Christian Trinity” is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit being one. “Christians” believe god had sex with Mary and out popped Jesus, and Jesus is god in human form. This is a LIE, the TRINITY is a LIE; the word TRINITY is not even in the Bible – this is something that is man-made. In the Bible, the Messiah is clearly separated from Yahuah, the Higher Power and He is also made from the seed of Yahceph, and I will show that in these two verses. (1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.) So, in 1 Cor. 11:3, it says that the head of man is Christ; the head of woman is Man, and the head of CHRIST is GOD. The HEAD of CHRIST is GOD! Now if Christ is God, then why does it say in 1 Cor 11:3 that the head of Christ is God? I thought Christ was God – why would Yahuah be head of Himself and how could He be head of Himself? It just doesn’t make sense and Christians are very confused on what the Bible actually says. (Romans 1:3 – Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,) Rom 1:3, clearly says the Messiah was made of the seed of David. If the word “seed” in this verse is looked up in the Stong’s Hebrew/Greek dictionary, the definition is given of the word “seed.”

Seed (G4690) Transliteration:sperma
Phonetic Spelling:(sper'-mah)
Short Definition:seed, offspring
Definition:(a) seed, commonly of cereals, (b) offspring, descendents.

So the definition of seed is offspring; sperm, which means that Yahceph and Mary had sex to produce Yahu’shuah. The Jewish marriage tradition in Biblical days, is not the marriage tradition we have now. In Biblical days, in order for two people to be married, they had to have sex to make the marriage official. So the two verses I posted, contradict the Christian doctrine. If god came down in human form, how could he be in his kingdom at the same time he was here on earth? It doesn’t make sense.
2. The Christian god says it’s ok to celebrate pagan holidays. Yahuah in the Bible says not to celebrate worldly holidays. (Isaiah 1:14-15; Amos 5:21; Colossians 2:8; Matthew 15:3)

3. The Christian god says the only commandment to keep is to love. The Bible, both Old and New Covenants, teach we must still keep all commandments.

-If Christians really knew the Higher Power of the Bible, they’d know that He said if you love me, you will keep my commandments; plural, commandments, there is an “s” at the end of commandments. – John 14:15 (1 John 5:3)

4. The Christian god says to worship on Sundays. The Bible says we must still keep the Shabbat Holy. (Matt 12:12; Matt 24:20; Mark 1:21 – and there are many more verse were The Messiah tells us to keep the Sabbath Holy and where He also acknowledged the Sabbath.)

5. The Christian Jesus is a white man. The Messiah, Yahu’shuah of the Bible, is a black man.- Revelation 1:14-15. Only black people have wooly hair. In the Bible, Yahuah actually warns His children, Israel, of the false Messiah’s and Prophets (Christian Pastors and other religious teachers). (Matthew 24:24 – For there shall arise false Christs, and false Prophets, and shall shew great signes and wonders: insomuch that (if it were possible,) they shall deceive the very elect.) The elect are the real Israelites; “African-Americans/Latinos/Native Americans” and they worship the false white man images of Christ and the Most High. The Messiah looks exactly like our Father.

6. The Christian god loves the sinner but hates the sin. Yahuah in the Bible hates both the sinner and sins. – Psalms 5:5-6 (Psalms 5:4; Leviticus 20:23; Leviticus 26:14-30; Psalms 2:4-9; 1 Peter 3:12, etc…)

7. The Christian Messiah’s name is “Jesus”; the Christian god’s name is god or Yahweh. The Messiah’s real name is YAHU'SHUAH; the Most High’s real name is Yahuah.

-Jesus means HAIL ZEUS. The letter “J” came into existence about 500 years ago. The letter “J” did not exist in any language. The Messiah is a Hebrew man, therefore His name must’ve been Hebrew, not Latin, Greek, English, Chinese, etc… “God” or “Yahweh” are not the Most High’s names because “God” simply defines who/what He is and what He is, and Yahweh, if careful research is done on this name, means 666, or the Mark of the Beast. (https://www.youtube.com...)

Let’s define “God” in the Strong’s Hebrew/Greek Dictionary and see what it means.

God (H430) -Transliteration:elohim
Phonetic Spelling:(el-o-heem')
Short Definition:God

(plural)rulers, judges
divine ones
angels
gods
(plural intensive - singular meaning)
god, goddess
godlike one
works or special possessions of God
the (true) God
God.

So this is what “God” means; it is not the Most High’s real name.
8. The Christians white “Jesus” came to save all people that are in the world, of all their sins. The Messiah in the Bible only came for Israel (Matthew 15:24), but there is salvation for the gentiles (Acts 28:28).

9. The Christian god says, women are allowed to teach in a congregation. The Bible says women are prohibited to teach in a congregation. – (1 Timothy 2:12; 1 Cor 14:34)

10. Christian god says women don’t have to wear dresses or women's clothing. The Bible says women who wear pants are an abomination unto YAHUAH.

11. The Christian god says, women don’t have to cover their heads when in Church, praying and/or prophesying. The Bible says women cover their heads, not their face, their heads, when praying and/or prophesying. – (1 Corinthians 11:5-6)

12. The Christian god loves homosexuals. The Most High in the Bible hates homosexuals.- The Bible doesn’t say that Yahuah hates homosexuals, but He hates sin and He tells us throughout the entire Bible not to sin. Homosexuality is a sin, therefore if He hates sin, then He hates homosexuality.

13. The Christian god says women and men are equal. The Bible says men are over the women. – Gen 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3, etc…

14. The Christian god says all will be free in heaven. Yahuah of the Bible says those who are not Israel, will be man and maid-servants to Israel. – Isaiah 14:1-2; Isaiah 60:10-11; Zechariah 6:15; Revelation 21:24

afreakforjesus

Pro

afreakforjesus forfeited this round.
A_Nebiah

Con

A_Nebiah forfeited this round.
afreakforjesus

Pro

afreakforjesus forfeited this round.
A_Nebiah

Con

A_Nebiah forfeited this round.
Posted by Network 2 years ago
Network
7 (bis)-All names for God (Adonai (" Lord "), Elohim (" God(s) "), Elyon (" Most High "), Yahweh (" He Is ")) are superlatives, sometimes accompanied with an adjective (such as in Elohim Chaim, " Living God ") to make sure the proper entity (the God of Israel) is understood. God is eternal ; he has no parent to name him. All names have a meaning, but what meaning can you assign to an everlasting entity? Superlatives, of course! And this is what we hear and say.

I do not know how to came to the conclusion that Yahuah is the correct name, since it is a corruption of Yahweh.

8-You're ignoring Genesis 22:18 and John 12:32, which says Jesus draws all nations to himself into salvation.

9, 10 and 13-Galatians 3:28. There are no men or women ; people are allowed to act how they see fit, because thanks to Christ, there is no distinction of gender. And the time of the Law is over.

11-The context of Corinthians 11:1-16 is a personnal recommendation of Paul ; it is not a Biblical obligation. Paul was trying to avoid the shaming of women, not encourage it. Note the context here. He is putting a condition on his statement : women have to cover their head, IF it would be shameful for them to have short hair or be shaved. He even closes the topic by saying no other practice was required, so we see this was not intended as a permanent requirement. As I previously proved, Paul himself advocated believe to act on their beliefs as long as it doesn't put other Christians at shame. I do not think he was trying to contradict himself.

12-While the conclusion follows from your 7th argument, your reasonment is poor.

14-Those who are not free are the chained prisonners that are headd straight to hell. " The righteous shall live by faith ", so nothing else is needed to be saved than to be righteous and live by faith in Christ. Galatians 5:1 says that faith in Jesus-Christ leads to freedom, not slavery. How then can you claim Christians will not die, yet live as slaves?
Posted by Network 2 years ago
Network
Esiar : " Wow. This guy took Revelation 21:24 right out of context ".

Yes. I soon realized many of the verses he used as proofs meant things that had nothing to do with his statements.
Posted by Network 2 years ago
Network
(continuing on my refutations of your arguments)
5-Wooly hair does not prove a person is black. People with dreadlocks have wooly hair, and not all people with dreadlocks are black. I met a white girl with dreadlocks this week. So stating Jesus has to be black because he was said to have wooly hair (while the rest of his description says he is white as snow) is stupid.

Jesus was a Jew. Jews are Semites. Arabs are also Semites. Genesis says the Semitic people are the descendants of Shem, son of Noah, while African people are descendants of Ham (Shem's brother). The scientific approach suggest Jews had tanned skin in the Ist century, but there is a difference between tanned skin and dark skin. Do you count Arabs as black also? While this is subject to scholarly dispute, I don't think they count.

6-Your conclusion on these verses seems to contradict John 3:16 and Romans 5:8, but is otherwise correct.

7-Acts 4:12 says the name of Jesus is the name through which salvation is given. Your statement is then that Jesus is not named Jesus. Jesus is actually a variant of Iesus which is the latinized form of Jesus' original greek name, which was taken from the Hebrew (the Greek form of Jesus was already in use among jews before Jesus' birth. Historians think the historical Jesus and the Greek version of the otherwise Hebrew name). This is a translitteration, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it. Jesus do not mean " Hail Zeus " but " He [that] Is saves ".

The letter J existed, it just that it was not any different from the I until recently. Much like we have two lower-case A, ancient civilizations had one letter that could be rendered both as I or J. It was pronounced like a Y (so Jesus' name would have to be Yoshua).
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
Wow. This guy took Revelation 21:24 right out of context
Posted by Network 2 years ago
Network
" So you say that the Christian god is the same god as the god in the bible? " Yes

" You modern day Christians are very rebellious and so stiff necked. The more you continue focusing just on the New Covenant and saying that you can celebrate wicked holidays when the Bible tells you not to, the more lost you all will continue to be. " I referred to both Testaments to justify my claims. And if you are allowed to use the New Testament, so am I.

I don't see myself as actively rebellious toward God. I may have sinned as a Christian, but not by sins of rebellions. I think I more or less acted on my own convictions.

" You modern day Christians don't even believe in the Bible; you all believe in man made doctrine. " If it was I who don't believe the Bible, why do you refuse to believe the verses I refer to, while attesting to their truth? Your sin is greater than mine.

" I don't believe you know the Bible. Atheist know the Bible better than you modern day Christians, but the real Jews know the complete Bible better than anyone else. " Ad hominem. Even if I only happened to know exactly the passages I need to refute you, it doesn't prove I am wrong. You believe I do not know the Bible. Let the evidence speak for itself on whether you are right or not. I certainly know Atheists who know less about the Bible than I do. Didn't have the opportunity to argue with Jews though.
Posted by Network 2 years ago
Network
(continuing)
3- I don't know where you got that idea, but I know false Christians that do not love and Biblical Christians that do not follow the commandments. Paul said the Law of Moses was over (2 Corinthians 3:6, Galatians 2:19, Galatians 3:24-25, Romans 7:4, Romans 10:4). Not because it was abolished, but because it was fulfilled (Matthew 5:17). And the New Testament explicitely states the commandments about love constitute within themselves the whole of the Mosac Law (Galatians 5:14, Matthew 22:36-40). While the Bible says " The righteous shall live by faith ", righteousness is not in the Law (Galatians 3:12).

4- These verses do not prove your claim. Sabbath is a day of the week. People under the Mosaic Law considered it the most sacred day of the week ; but the argument from Law does not hold for a Christian, who is free from the Law as previously demonstrated. Paul clearly refutes the claim that the Sabbath is intrinsically better than any other days (Romans 14:5). What he states is that a person is to act on his convictions. A person holding Saturday as the holiest day of the week is to treat it as such ; another holding Sunday as the holiest is also to act on his conviction ; and a third could claim all days of the week are equal. The Bible explicitely allow everyone to act on their own conviction in this particular instance (you also contradict your 2nd argument in the 4th one, because in the 2nd you cite verses from the Old Testament where God himself makes statements against the Sabbath, and in the 4th you say Christians have to hold to Sabbath).
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
And, in the context of Hebrews 8, this clearly applies to the New Covenant. Read Hebrews 8:10-13.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
"The more you continue focusing just on the New Covenant and saying that you can celebrate wicked holidays when the Bible tells you not to, the more lost you all will continue to be".

Wait, so all Christians who follow the New Covenant celebrate Christmas? Talk about generalization.

But, the Old covenant is Old. The New Covenant should be focused on. If you knew the Bible, you should have read Hebrews 8:13, "In that he saith, A new, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.".

New Covenant = The other covenant is old = The Old Covenant is ready to vanish away.
Posted by A_Nebiah 2 years ago
A_Nebiah
@Network

I don't believe you know the Bible. Atheist know the Bible better than you modern day Christians, but the real Jews know the complete Bible better than anyone else.
Posted by A_Nebiah 2 years ago
A_Nebiah
@Network

You modern day Christians are very rebellious and so stiff necked. The more you continue focusing just on the New Covenant and saying that you can celebrate wicked holidays when the Bible tells you not to, the more lost you all will continue to be.

You modern day Christians don't even believe in the Bible; you all believe in man made doctrine.