dairygirl4u2c
gokuFNAF2

the christian trinity is an illogical idea

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

consider this: the son is God, the father is God, the son is not the father and they are not separate Gods.
gokuFNAF2

Con

That makes sense.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

so my argument that the trinity is illogical, makes sense?
or you think the trinity as i described it makes sense?

it couldn't be the later. the father is not the son yet they are both God. this violates basic logic.
gokuFNAF2

Con

The trinity makes sense.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

well con doesn't seem to be up for actual argumentation, so i just reiterate my reasonings above.
gokuFNAF2

Con

You only said "consider this", you never came up with an argument.

God created his son, therefore they are not separate. There's no woman to make it half on half. And of course the son is not the father.
Posted by skipsaweirdo 1 year ago
skipsaweirdo
Oh let me tell people what the trinity explains since people don't seem to understand what context certain verses should be taken in.
First, "Jesus is God" means by behavior and actions Jesus perfectly represents Gods wisdom and views of this world. Gods thoughts were in Christ and his actions reflected those thoughts. Therefore the actions of Jesus represented how God would have behaved, but Jesus was still in possession of one aspect of his free will. Which was to Do what God "willed" him to do. Hence the verse from Jesus, "I do nothing less I see the father do it first".... self explanatory.
The holy ghost is the spiritual connection between the physical body and the spiritual world. While in combination of body and soul, us in this life, the Holy Spirit needs to transcend the limitation on our souls that the physical body affects on us. Simple analogy, you need the microphone of the Holy Spirit to transmit your messages to anything in the spiritual world.
Therefore, when these three things , God the father, The Holy Spirit, and Jesus whom had a physical body and soul (which is just like our soul and physical body combined) are in unison, this is what is the holy trinity. What sets Jesus apart from the rest of all biblical characters, as far as I've read, is the verse "I do nothing lest I see the father do it first". This is why it is perfectly logical to say Jesus is God because it means reflects God, not is the same entity in the sense of 100% the exact same entity. But yes 100% the same wisdom and therefore the actions that resulted from that wisdom. Once again I go to verse, "Let this mind be in you that was in Jesus Christ who thought it not robbery to be equal with God", word of warning. I've seen interpretations of this verse changed so be weary.
Posted by skipsaweirdo 1 year ago
skipsaweirdo
Neither of these "debaters" comprehend the subject, therefore this isn't even a debate.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
robert, you are following us attacking us.
Posted by robertacollier 1 year ago
robertacollier
You two fairies should get a room.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
vi_spex, you are wrong. You were lucky y to bet me.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
says the troll
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you just proved how illogical it is
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
Alpha3141
one God described as 3 persons
3 persons described as 1 God
only one God
described in 3 persons only
nothing illogical
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
vi_spex, you are the worst debater in this site.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
imaginary
Vote Placed by HardRockHallelujah 1 year ago
HardRockHallelujah
dairygirl4u2cgokuFNAF2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: To me it is obvious that both debaters have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. dairy made a straw man argument against the Trinity (which I would've easily been able to refute) but Con didn't bother responding. No arguments presented either, just "I agree" or "I don't agree".