luvx
Debater1417

the concept of disability should be abolished

Debater1417

luvx

Pro

The concept of disability is a category where we group persons who are in some way defective. The concept of disability is unnecessary and stigmatizing. We are not good at everything, so technically were all disabled.
Debater1417

Con

First off, I would like to point out that the Pro has presented a case that have many levels. The term of disability is more of an umbrella than a category, because depending on what specific disability you are talking about depends on whether it is a category or not. Second, the Pro does not give which term or type of disability we are arguing, therefore we can not abolish such a term with no meaning or actual concept. The reason I say that there is no concept is because the Pro hasn't stated what type of disability the concept is about. Depending on the type of disability depends on whether or not it needs to be abolished. The concept is needed in some areas of employment, education, and residence. I would also like to point out that the Pro also used the statement, "We are not good at everything, so technically were all disabled." By using this statement, the Pro is going with the Con by using the term/concept of disability. I cannot argue further without clarification of the term/concept of disability that the Pro wishes to abolish.
luvx

Pro

I mean the broad defintion of disability.
Debater1417

Con

Well that cannot happen. As I've stated, it is needed for something's in everyday life. How do you propose that when it is needed, we simply take it away? What then, just ignore it?
luvx

Pro

Because the concept of "disability" is unnessasary and stigmatizing.
Debater1417

Con

I don't see how a flower proves anything. I've stated facts, an entire argument which the Pro has not refuted. This is why the concept of disability should not be abolished. Thank you.
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
Isn't there a clear distinction between physically able person being "not good at everything" and a person being born with a mental handicap or innate blindness? Everyone "not being good at everything" is Pros/Cons of individuals that is open to interpretations, whereas disabilities are very often legally recognized.
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
Without identifying people with disabilities, how will societies cater to the special needs of those people?
Vote Placed by HeartOfGod 3 years ago
HeartOfGod
luvxDebater1417Tied
Reasons for voting decision: As Con pointed out saying that "we are all disabled" kind of goes against the implies position of the resolution. pro just wasn't really specific enough