ramramgeorge
qwzx

the education system should promote the nations' culture over the culture of minorities

ramramgeorge

Pro

*round one is to be the introduction (introduction of both the debator and a BRIEF summary of your position) , actual debating is to start round 2. *

My name is ramramgeorge and i am going to be debating on the pro side of things. While i strongly beleive in a minority's right to express their own cultural backround it should not be encouraged or cherished legislativley. On the contrary, it would be most rational to encourage (via the education system) total cultural and ideological assimilation in a liberal fashion through assimilative, yet liberal policies and the promotion of the native culture, character, and ideology of the nation for a end-game cohesivness amongst the populace.

This debate will discuss the policy in general as opposed to its relation to a specific nation. However, you can use specific nations as examples.

Good luck!
qwzx

Con

My name is qwzx and I am going to be debating on the con side . While I strongly believe in nationalism and the encouragement of the nation's culture. It should not be the only encouraged. It is irreverent to ignore minority's cultures. Little is done at schools (in the USA) to encourage any culture and the current schooling system is ok. On the contrary, it would not be the most rational to encourage (via the education system) total cultural and ideological assimilation in a liberal fashion through assimilative, yet liberal policies and the promotion of the native culture, character, and ideology of the nation for a end-game cohesivness amongst the populace. I think that minority's culture should be equally respected as the nation's culture.

Good luck!
ramramgeorge

Pro

ramramgeorge forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
ramramgeorge

Pro

I forgot to post my debate for round 2 so here it is:

"It should not be the only encouraged. It is irreverent to ignore minority's cultures."

And its irrelevant to emphasize minorities cultures. Why should the education system be stuck on promoting the culture of a particular demographic when the majority does not follow it? The majority culture should not be ignored because that is far more irrelevant than ignoring a minorities culture. Think of it as the equivalent of living in your house. If I came to your house to become a permanent resident there? Would you not expect me to show sympathy towards the household that keeps me warm and fed? Would you not expect me to follow your rules and your customs that apply to your house? Or would you just let me have free reign.

The same goes for minority cultures, you come to this country, you get a better life at the expense of society, now its your turn to give something back. Not just monetarily, socially by respecting (via adaptation) of the common characteristics that bring society together, which is where the education system has a role it this, its to act as a guiding force, so that the minorities are not only encouraged, but guided into assimilating. It has been proven that assimilation of minorities creates more opportunities and greater social cohesion- less balkanization.

See more here (this is a bit outdated but still relevant):

https://ideas.repec.org......

In conclusion, it is wiser to have an education system that emphasizes the native culture in a liberal fashion (meaning that it discourages discrimination against minorities as long as those minorities are interested in becoming members of a society as a whole), so that minorities can better assimilate. You yourself stated that you believe in national ideas, so if you do, then why are you against the promotion of them? seems a bit hypocritical.

post your reply in round three.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
ramramgeorge

Pro

ramramgeorge forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
Posted by ramramgeorge 1 year ago
ramramgeorge

https://ideas.repec.org...

post your reply in round three.