vellaGrace
Victoria_Wintour

the government has a responsibility to censor political speeches due to saftey and terrorism concern

vellaGrace

Con

What do you think?
Victoria_Wintour

Pro

I would just like to thank my opponent Vella for opening this debate. I believe the topic is interesting and the debate will be stimulating.

I believe that it is the governments job to protect is people they are working for them. Too many politicians use shock/show politics to gain publicity. This can damage the country they are campaigning in significantly! If they offend any type of extremist group that works in there country or beyond its borders terrorism could be a huge threat to the country and that politicians safety. An example of this was in South Africa. Nelson Mandela made a speech that angers white political extremist group the AWB in return they bombed shopping malls and ran around black shanty towns open firing weapons just because Mandela laughed at there attempts to keep him quiet. If Mandela had only not spoke about this hundreds of lives would have been saved.
vellaGrace

Con

hey thank you so much for debating, i have never used this site before and realized after i posted this that i should have explained my intentions better, it wasnt fair to someone who really wants to debate. I thought i could post the question and watch others debate it.

Im taking a debate class, and this is the topic, im supposed to come up with 3 arguments for and 3 arguments against each side. other than free speech, and protecting people overseas from harm, i cant think of anything else for or against.
If you feel like helping me out, i would really appreciate it. If not, i again apologize for wasting you time.
Victoria_Wintour

Pro

Victoria_Wintour forfeited this round.