dairygirl4u2c
sidewinder

the iran deal is a mistake

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

iran has around a few weeks to grant access to sites. this has been shown to be a sufficient amount of time to hide wrongful activity. this means iran will be getting stronger economically with less sanctions, but also has the possiblility to get ahead with nuclear actions as well
sidewinder

Con

I accept and I will be arguing that the Iran deal is not a mistake
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i know it wasn't much but that was my first round of arguments. con should have started off running too.
sidewinder

Con

Okay I will be breaking each of my arguments into separate parts
1. The Deal is unprecedented in its search allowances
In the deal the US has 24/7 surveillance on all of Iran's major nuclear facilities and they can search anywhere in the country within 24 days. This is unprecedented for a treaty with a country that was not defeated in military conflict

2. Iran's uranium production and stockpile is crippled
Iran's nuclear stockpile is reduced by 98% making it impossible for Iran to rush a bomb out and it bans Iran's advances centrifuges which lengthens bomb breakout time to over one year

3.Impossible to hide nuclear activity in 24 days
Any radioactive elements leave behind a signature behind that can easily bee detected. This theory was tested in Syria when a nuclear site was demolished by the Syrian government but inspectors were still able to find traces of radioactive materials.

http://www.politifact.com...
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i question whether they can detect wrongful activity after twenty four days. and the fact still remains, why do they need that much time to begin with?
sidewinder

Con

In this I'll be responding to the criticisms posted by my opponent

1.The detection of radioactive isotopes after attempts to hide it were successful in Syria as per the article I posted

"Bunn also cited the experience of the secret 2007 bombing of a nuclear site in Syria.

"The Syrians bulldozed the entire site and cleaned it up and blocked IAEA access until months later, but the IAEA still found uranium particles that couldn"t be easily explained," a discovery that led to the IAEA"s conclusion that it had been a nuclear site, Bunn said."

http://www.politifact.com...

I would also like to add that the Syrian incident happened several years ago and that radiation detection equipment has improved tremendously after the aftermath fukashima nuclear reactor

2.Why Iran needs so much time
The better question for this is why Iran has so little time because this 24 day period in Iran could be used to search anywhere if their is probable cause that their is a enrichment facility. This as I say again is unprecedented in a deal with a country that has not been defeated in war