brokenboy
wweasel

the mormon religon is a racist religon

brokenboy

Pro

A part of my religon is studying other religons, according to our prophet Bah�'u'll�hhe that all religons and all phrophets are one and the same they all came from god, but thats not the point anyways i was reaserching mormonisim and its veiws on who god is and our purpose in life and i came across this passage which shocked me beacuse apperantly

"And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

"And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities."

"And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done."

"And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey."

>also a couple of videos shocked me on what the mormons belive

> i am sorry about the profainity in the last video on the right but it does have alot of information in it that is why i posted it
wweasel

Con

This is my second debate (I currently have my first one still in progress though). I am a Policy (CX) debater,
First off, I would like to point out that my opponent has not posted any resolution (except in the title) nor any specifications of any kind.

So, to begin, I define "racist" as the following:

racial prejudice or discrimination.

Source:

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

From the passages that you read, it does not seem as though God being prejudice towards them, nor was he discriminating. He was simply punishing them.
It is as simple as that, folks.
Vote con.
I look forward to the next round.
brokenboy

Pro

lets get into a deeper meaning of the word discrimination and predjudice

Discrimination:
Discrimination is the actual behavior towards members of another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups.[1] The United Nations explains: "Discriminatory behaviors take many forms, but they all involve some form of exclusion or rejection."[2]

now by condemning or stateing that one group of people cannot enter heaven or gain same rights as white people as stated in my third video on the right of my first argument "the black race is an abomination and being born black is a punishment from god now that actually sounds like discrimination to me

Predjudice:
is a prejudgment: i.e. an assumption made about someone or something before having adequate knowledge to be able to do so with guaranteed accuracy. The word prejudice is most commonly used to refer to a preconceived judgment toward a people or a person because of race, social class, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. It also means beliefs without knowledge of the facts[1] and may include "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."[2]

now i hope that my opponent and the veiwers out there do agree with me when i say that black people are no different than white people other than their skin color (and certain *other* areas ;] ) and so this can be taken as ignorance and predjudice.
wweasel

Con

wweasel forfeited this round.
brokenboy

Pro

i will allow my opponent to recover the lost round if he wishes to do so
wweasel

Con

wweasel forfeited this round.
brokenboy

Pro

brokenboy forfeited this round.
wweasel

Con

wweasel forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by brokenboy 3 years ago
brokenboy
brokenboywweaselTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 3 years ago
Koopin
brokenboywweaselTied