travis18352
I-AM-AWESOME

the presidency of barack obama

travis18352

travis18352

Con

round 1-acceptance
round 2-main arguments
round 3-rebuttal
round 4-further rebuttal and conclusion

i am taking the position of con so i thing obamas presidency has been bad.
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

Thank you, I would first like to say that I do not believe Barack Obama has had a good presidency but I don not believe his will be remembered to be bad. My supporting statement clearly shows Barack Obama has had many accomplishments ending the war in Iraq, killing Osama Bin Ladin, and reviving the economy (for now). See you can not judge a president with opinion so throughout the debate I will be providing facts and his accomplishments, I will bring this up in the least one sided way as I can. Thank you I await your response.
travis18352

Con

When Barack Obama was running for president he said that adding 4 trillion dollars of debt in 8 years was unamerican and unpatriotic. So five years into the Obama presidency and he has added 7 trillion dollars of debt. Obama was against the patriot act saying it harms our civil liberties and in 2011 he extends it and the NSA now stores all of our phone calls, emails, texts, etc... which is just another flip flop on Obamas part. The fast and furious program was a major failure. giving guns to the Mexican drug cartels led to the killing of Brian Terry a US border patrol agent. The major failure known as the cash for clunkers program was designed promote environmentally friendly vehicles and fuel efficient cars. All it really did was destroy classic cars and release even more carbon emissions. The real reason he did it was to give people a reason to buy the new cars from the auto companies he bailed out. A big failure of the Obama administration was his big green energy loans. He loaned billions of dollars to green energy companies that just went bankrupt. 535 million dollars to Solyndra and they went bankrupt. You can read about the green energy companies he loaned money to on this link. All the companies on this list are bankrupt or on their way out. http://blog.heritage.org......
What about the Stimulus? He promised it would keep the unemployment below 8 percent but it didnt get under 8 percent until September of 2013 and reports are out there now that the numbers were faked for political purposes. Not only did it take till September of 2013 to get the unemployment below 8 percent but the stimulus was supposed to get the unemployment below 6 percent in 2012. Didn't come close to meeting expectations. He promised that the stimulus would immediately impact. saying that it will immediately create jobs because there are shovel ready jobs across the country. He later had to admit in 2011 that those jobs were not as shovel ready as he thought. He said that the stimulus would life 2 million people out of poverty but instead it resulted in 6.3 million falling into poverty as of February 2012. As i stated before obama gave 35 billion dollars to green energy companies to create jobs most of those companies are now bankrupt. It may not be 2015 yet but he promised that the stimulus would bring 1 million electric cars to the road by 2015 and the chevy volt is selling way below expectations.
http://www.usnews.com......

Obamacare i believe is a disaster. the website took a long time to get up and running and today it still isnt fully up and running. according to theblaze.com
http://www.theblaze.com......
the website cost more than 1 billion dollars. how does a website that costs 1 billion dollars to build not be able to handle more that 50,000 people at a time? The obamacare law itself is a bad idea. Obamacare forces you to buy health insurance and if you dont you pay a fine. Why should i have to pay a fine because i dont want health insurance. my parents compared plans on healthcare.gov and the cheapest obamacare compliant plan they got cost 300 dollars more a month. How is that affordable? I believe that if we allow the free market to control healthcare the competition will naturaly drive down costs allowing people to buy a plan that fits your needs at a cheaper price. Instead Obamacare forces you to have to have a plan that covers maternity care. Why should a man have to pay for maternity coverage or an 80 year old man or an 80 year old woman? If i wanted that covered i would choose a plan that has that coverage.
The IRS scandal is another reason why obamas presidency is a failure. Why did former IRS head Douglas Shulman visit the white house 118 times in 2 years. There is no other reason that i can see other than working on a plan to target tea party groups. The Benghazi scandal is another flop by the obama administration. All he had to do was say it was a terrorist attack and actually investigate it but instead he went to vegas for a fundraiser the next day. He said many times before the attack that al qaeda is on the run but actually its been growing since 911 and killing osama bin laden really didnt have a huge impact on al qaeda. The obama admin said said that osama bin laden is dead and general motors is alive and then a few days or weeks later al qaeda attacks the benghazi consulate. Susan Rice went on the sunday talk shows and said that it was a spontaneous demonstration because of an internet video. hillary clinton said it was because of an internet video that they had nothing to do with. Just the tone she said it in shows its a lie. It was a well coordinated attack that killed 4 americans including our ambassador. Hillary clinton told patricia smith that she would find out exactly what happened the moments before her son died and she still has no answers. but the democrats and obama pass benghazi, IRS, NSA, as fake scandals.
I await your response
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

I-AM-AWESOME forfeited this round.
travis18352

Con

you forfited so i will keep my same arguments
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

I-AM-AWESOME forfeited this round.
travis18352

Con

Dont accept if you wont actually make any arguments
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

I-AM-AWESOME forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
travis18352I-AM-AWESOMETied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never really made an argument; his/her outline in the acceptance round doesn't count. Con made substantial arguments that needed to be addressed, but never were. Sources weren't used correctly; you need to actually cite were the information is coming from, not just give the link to the website's main page. The blog really convinced me that I should not give source points. Conduct to Con for the multiple rounds forfeited by Pro.