christfollowertilthend
Doughlino

the rapture is post-tribulational

christfollowertilthend

Pro

I believe that the rapture of the Church is a post-tribulational rapture
Doughlino

Con

Let me ask you first, why do you believe the rapture is post-tribulational. I am a Catholic, and I do believe in all the teachings of the Catholic Church. However, I have always conceived of the rapture as an event that will take place directly before hell on Earth begins, before satin and his army of demons come down upon the Earth, and reek havoc and devastation upon all of humanity not taken up by the rapture, events prophesied in revelations. If the rapture was post-tribulational as you suggest, would this rapture be the ultimate judgement of all surviving humanity, the separation of the sheep and goats? If so, the rapture in your eyes must be the resurrection of humanity. I do not know what it states in the bible, nor did I research online, so I do not know if there are any "hints" as to whether the rapture is post or pre-tribulational. From what I have heard over time, I naturally thought that it came before the hell on Earth, and the remaining humans had to live out hell on Earth without giving into satin's temptations to receive salvation. This is strictly a debate, a conversation, and not an argument.
christfollowertilthend

Pro

First, I thank you for joining me on this debate and appreciate your question as to why I believe in a post-tribulational rapture. The first think I wanted to point out is that the most common view, which is pre-tribulationalism, is taught everywhere and is taken as truth from a lot of people who don't really know different. The most common argument that is given for a pre-trib rapture is what is stated in 1 Thess. 5, which Paul says to the church of Thessalonica, "For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ" (v.9). If you read 1 Thessalonians 5, the context is referring to the Day of the Lord, which pre-tribulationalists think is the tribulation, but its not. Scripture teaches that the Day of the Lord is the return of Christ, not the tribulation. There are many passages in Scripture to support post-tribulationalism, but I think that Jesus olivet discourse in Matthew 24 is the strongest, if its interpreted in a literal, historical, and grammatical way. Jesus spends the entire discourse giving details of the great tribulation and at the end of it Jesus states that He will rapture believers. the text states this, "But immediately after the tribulation, of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other" (vv.29-31). I also want to bring up how you stated that you think that mankind that is left during hell on earth (the tribulation period) will have to resist in order to be saved. No one in any point of human history has ever been saved by resisting sin or doing any sort of human work, a person is saved by faith and faith alone, human works are the expression of faith. A person is only saved through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross when He took the penalty of our sins (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Doughlino

Con

Doughlino forfeited this round.
christfollowertilthend

Pro

christfollowertilthend forfeited this round.
Doughlino

Con

Doughlino forfeited this round.
christfollowertilthend

Pro

Doughlino

Con

Doughlino forfeited this round.
christfollowertilthend

Pro

Doughlino

Con

Doughlino forfeited this round.