hi_there05
justincameron410

the saying "Lady's first" is stupid

hi_there05

Pro

the saying "lady's first " is totally irrational because lady's are almost as strong as men, and in some cases, stronger.

(no, i am not a lady)
(and i'm not trying to be sexist, i swear.)
justincameron410

Con

I would like kindly disagree in certain regards. I believe that the saying, "Ladies first" simply displays a certain level of respect toward women in general. The saying is not intended to be sexist, it is just a kindly way of showing respect and generosity to women.
hi_there05

Pro

i think my opponent has a really good argument just because this is true what he said, but we are all equal and this is a free country, so there is no reason why lady's should go first.girls can play softball, basketball, and even some wrestling.my point is, they do all the things men can do, but more! why should men do this if they have all the same rights!?!
justincameron410

Con

I would not say that the saying is stupid because it was originally believed that women were inferior to men. My opponents argument is coming back to the older times where this was a typical belief. However, the meaning has developed into more of a sign of respect. It is not disrespectful to women. I do believe it was meant to show superiority at one point. At this more current situation it has changed in meaning.
hi_there05

Pro

I think that lady's are sometimes better than men in most cases.Although, I have a new argument,most girls are sassy, jerks, and just plain rude.About 20% of the girls in my class aren't rude and, once again, no i am not trying to be sexist in any way.
justincameron410

Con

justincameron410 forfeited this round.
hi_there05

Pro

hi_there05 forfeited this round.
justincameron410

Con

justincameron410 forfeited this round.
hi_there05

Pro

hi_there05 forfeited this round.
justincameron410

Con

justincameron410 forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I luv chivalry,
I think it is stupid, because when I walk up to a set of doors that have another set beyond them... I'm screwed.
In addition, need to check if the way is clear.
third, sometimes you're wasting time, or getting in someone else's way. ... i'm just being stupid now. But the double door conundrum gets me.

It is not about strength, it's about demonstration of consideration, and appreciation of time.
Posted by justincameron410 1 year ago
justincameron410
@cha-the-politician Yeah I guess it could be used sarcastically. And thanks!
Posted by JackOfDiamonds 1 year ago
JackOfDiamonds
Women are not almost stronger than men, and in very very few cases are they stronger. But regardless, saying "ladies first" is a show of respect and has nothing to do with strength or sexism.
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
@justincameron410
Well, unless women/girls say it. BTW, cool name, you remind me of the UK PM.