vi_spex
AndyHood

the solution is comprehending the problem

vi_spex

Pro

comprehending the question is the answer to the question
AndyHood

Con

Vispex: how many times has life independently arisen throughout the universe?
I assume that you comprehend the problem, but I'm equally certain that you don't know the solution!

If you don't like that one, I've a puzzle for you... just ask and I'll post it here... I'm quite sure that you'll be able to understand the problem but not be able to find the solution... there is a palpable difference between comprehending a problem and having a solution.

I'll concede this point, at least: often in life when we are looking to change our own behaviour it is true that comprehending the problem IS THE FIRST STEP towards a solution (but it still is not actually the solution).
vi_spex

Pro

life being nature, there is no, before life

sure post it
AndyHood

Con

Okay, so here's one problem for you:

There are five towns in Flatland: Centertown, Norton, Easton, Souton and Weston.

Centertown is, roughly, in the middle of these towns; Norton is due North of Centertown, Easton due East, Souton due South and Weston due West.

There are eight straight roads that connect Centertown to Norton, Centertown to Easton, Centertown to Souton, Centertown to Weston, Norton to Easton, Easton to Souton, Souton to Weston and Weston to Norton.

Now, it happens that these eight sttraight roads all have integer (whole number) lengths when measured in miles, and that all eight roads have different lengths. It also happens that the total length of road is the shortest possible such that all of the conditions that I've listed are true.

What is the total length of road, when you add up all the lengths of the eight roads of Flatland?

I don't doubt that you'll be able to comprehend the problem but I very much doubt that you'll be able to give me the correct solution to the puzzle; this being the case, I think it adequately demonstrates the falsity of the motion: the solution is more than merely a comprehension of the problem.

Whilst we're about it, I don't doubt that a few months of study would put you in a position of understanding very well the problems in the Middle East... but this would not equate to you having any practicable solutions.

Quite frankly, to suggest that understanding the problem equates to having a solution is to completely underestimate the difficulty (and value) of not just Mathematics but all the Sciences too. For instance, many a mathematician understands the Reimann Hypothesis and the difficulty in providing a proof... but none has yet found an adequate solution to that problem.

In the realm of particle Physics we face the problem of interpreting the (accurately predicting) mathematical equations that describe quantum theory in terms of a model of reality... many physicists understand this problem very accutely, but none have a universally accepted solution - which may, it's not beyond possibility, be beyond our capability to understand.

In short there are many times where mankind faces problems that they understand whilst having no solution... indeed, it's not hard to imagine situations in which no solution is possible (whilst there is adequate understanding of the problem):

If we accept the idea that no information can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum then we could face a problem where we needed to send information to Alpha Centurai in less than a minute; this problem, although easily comprehended, does not allow for a solution at all, let alone one that anybody would automatically have simply by dint of understanding the problem.

Whilst I am providing examples of problems that are not automagically solved simply by understanding the problem, I wonder if my opponent is capable of providing a SINGLE example of a problem to which the solution is implicit in an understanding of the problem... I very much doubt it... in fact, the motion is not simply not true in general, it is false in general!
vi_spex

Pro

i dont understand it

so put them forward.. ask

information dosnt exist in reality
AndyHood

Con

AndyHood forfeited this round.
vi_spex

Pro

you forgot your hood
AndyHood

Con

AndyHood forfeited this round.
AndyHood

Con

AndyHood forfeited this round.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
You should be a comedian
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
vi_spex
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
ok i will tell the truth.. your thinking is flawed.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
vi_spex your thinking is flawed; admit it.
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
Ok Imma just yolo and accept...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
obviusly bots programmed to make you think they are human have no sex
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
Funny title, sounds exactly like vi_spex's mentality.

Oh wait he is vi_spex
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
options are solutions and possibilities are problems, questions are problems, and answers are solutions