vi_spex
fire_wings

the strongest light i can see burns out my eyes

fire_wings

vi_spex

Pro

beauty is the puzzle of a fantasy that may be real

ugly=memory of beauty
fire_wings

Con

I accept this debate.

The resolution, makes voters automatically vote for me.

What the Resolution says

"The strongest light I can see burn out my eyes."

However, you can't see the strongest light, because it will burn your eyes, meaning that you can't see it. That means you cannot see the strongest light because it will burn your eyes before you see it.

The resolution makes voters vote for me because you cannot see the strongest light, therefore you won't burn your eyes. If you do, you will burn your eyes, and you would not see the strongest light. In either way, you cannot see the strongest light. Vote for Con.

Rebuttals

1. Pro says that beauty is the puzzle of a fantasy that may be real. This does nothing related to the resolution, as the resolution saying the strongest light can burn my eyes, this argument does nothing with them, making the argument insufficent.

2. ugly=memory of beauty, Pro says. This is both wrong, and also not related to the resolution. It is wrong because ugly, you are thinking of these

Shiny Happy People

Why would you have a memory of the beauty? Vote for Con.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Death23// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Re: Args The BoP is on Pro as he brought the claim. In order to win, Pro must argue that the resolution is true without any convincing refutation from Con. Otherwise, Con wins. As Pro did not present ANY argument whatsoever, Con wins by default. Re: Conduct Con posts an ugly face. I don't like it.

[*Reason for removal*] While the arguments vote is sufficient, posting an image of an ugly face is not enough to warrant conduct.
************************************************************************
Posted by BlazingRodent 1 year ago
BlazingRodent
Do me a favor and let me be allowed to PM you.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
The strongest light you COULD see burned out your eyes, thus you can no longer see the strongest light, which I think might be gamma rays btw, and implying that a fantasy may be a reality is a contradiction.
Vote Placed by Death23 1 year ago
Death23
vi_spexfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: >Reported vote: Death23// Mod action: Removed< 3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Re: Args The BoP is on Pro as he brought the claim. In order to win, Pro must argue that the resolution is true without any convincing refutation from Con. Otherwise, Con wins. As Pro did not present ANY argument whatsoever, Con wins by default. Re: Conduct Con posts an ugly face. I don't like it. [*Reason for removal*] While the arguments vote is sufficient, posting an image of an ugly face is not enough to warrant conduct.