buildthatwall
TheRussian

the sun causes cancer

TheRussian

buildthatwall

Pro

my argument is that any kind of exposure to the star closest to our planet, the sun, causes cancer. it is a fact that every person to every get cancer has been exposed to sun light in some way. the evidence is in argueable if u are exposed to sunlight you will for sure 100% get cancer. stay inside kids and remember to build that wall.

don't even try to counter argue me you will lose
TheRussian

Con

buildthatwall

Pro

well hello mr challenger my name is buildthatwall and im about to humiliate u and ur whole family. so lemme start by saying the sun gives u cancer. cancer kills u. so my argument is that the sun has kikled many people ND SHOULD BE PIT TO DEATH. we should reinstitute the death p;enalty in this grest country and build a wall ANSD LET ME TELL U THE MEXICANS WILL PAY FOR THE WALLL. u might argue that th esun shouldn't be put to deaqth because it actually keeps us alive but that is actually untrue. I couls very easily live w/o the sun . I mean I dfo it everynight when the moon is out and I am still alive so beat that u downsy boy
TheRussian

Con

I will first address my opponent's opening Round before proceeding to counter his Round 2 arguments.

"my argument is that any kind of exposure to the star closest to our planet, the sun, causes cancer. it is a fact that every person to every get cancer has been exposed to sun light in some way."
This is false logic. As one can clearly observe, not every human that has been exposed to the sun's rays has gotten cancer. Yes, every person that has gotten cancer has been exposed, but not everyone who has been exposed has gotten cancer. Your argument is simply false.

" stay inside kids and remember to build that wall."
Wouldn't it make more sense to build a roof?

"so my argument is that the sun has kikled many people ND SHOULD BE PIT TO DEATH"
Wouldn't it make more sense to take a look at the positives of the Sun as well? I mean, I agree that planting several quadrillion tons of plastic explosives into the Sun and destroying it would certainly decrease the rate of skin cancer, however I hypothesize that the entire human race would go extinct within several days.

"we should reinstitute the death p;enalty in this grest country and build a wall ANSD LET ME TELL U THE MEXICANS WILL PAY FOR THE WALLL."
The death penalty is already instituted in this great country. Why Mexicans? It is known that extraterrestrial beings placed the Sun where it is, so shouldn't THEY pay for the wall between us and the Sun so that we don't all die of skin cancer?

"I mean I dfo it everynight when the moon is out and I am still alive"
What a silly argument, you're obviously still alive at night because the moon reflects the Sun's rays towards the Earth, so you're still exposed.
buildthatwall

Pro

buildthatwall forfeited this round.
Posted by dr_sepheroth 1 year ago
dr_sepheroth
Your microwave will cause cancer and so will that radio in your car.

Any form of radiation will cause cancer, and any form of electromagnetic wave will cause cancer.

The difference here is most electromagnetic waves cause cancer very slowly over the course of many decades, wear as prolonged exposure to any type of radiation can cause cancer within 1 month. Stronger the radiation the quicker the cancer develops, a brief burst of gamma radiation will cause cancer instantaneously with accelerated growth rate, survival from cancer caused by gamma radiation, has not been herd off or described in the medical or science community, death from gamma radiation occurs within a week.

Gamma radiation is a form of radiation a star emits when it goes Supernova, so we do not need to worry about that for a few million years.
A Gamma Ray Burst is a continuing threat as the gamma radiation from a large Supernova can continue until something stops it in it's path. That object is often vaporized or heated to a very high temperature.
IF Earth were to absorb a Gamma Ray Burst during an Ice Age the planet would survive, and the possibility that hums might survive would exist.
If Earth were to absorb a Gamma Ray Burst during current global meteorological conditions the planet would be shattered and smaller fragments vaporized as they heated.
Posted by Thiest_1998 1 year ago
Thiest_1998
If you know anyone that has cancer give them apricot seeds, crack the seed open and eat the inside
Posted by JaanVahl 1 year ago
JaanVahl
Coincidentally, the Sun is also one of the main things we need to live at all.
Posted by TheRussian 1 year ago
TheRussian
That's not true. Not every photon of UV radiation will transform our DNA. Also, our cells have DNA repair systems that can (obviously) repair the DNA errors/mutations. Finally, the vast majority of our DNA is considered non-coding, so many mutations could go without consequence.
Posted by zookdook1 1 year ago
zookdook1
I IS the catalyst. Again, if UV light directly caused cancer we'd immediately be reduced to cancerous blobs of flesh after leaving the house.
Posted by TheRussian 1 year ago
TheRussian
Yes, that is correct. But you must read the first statement my opponent makes, which is what he's arguing. That, is incorrect. But yes, technically "the sun" causes cancer.
Posted by DrewKaltenberger 1 year ago
DrewKaltenberger
Wait.... The UV is not only the catalyst, but bombarding a cell with harmful UV radiation can alter the DNA's structure, and when mitosis occurs (The copying and reproduction of DNA and its cell) The damaged DNA is reproduced (AKA MUTATION). So yes, UV (the sun) causes cancer.
Posted by DrewKaltenberger 1 year ago
DrewKaltenberger
I don't know why I wasted thirty seconds of my life reading and comprehending this...
Posted by zookdook1 1 year ago
zookdook1
They increase the chances of mutation by damaging the DNA. But it's not guaranteed, optherwise every time we went outside we'd instantaneously be reduced to a blob of cancerous material.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
nature=flow at reverse returning*
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 1 year ago
Mr.Lincoln
buildthatwallTheRussianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited many rounds, had many misspelled words, and got sidetracked