safirm
ciccarellimarc

the talabias usage of child suicicide bombers in this video cannot be excused by anymore reltavism

safirm

Pro

In this debate, the big topic here is about suicide bombers and if its ethical or unethical. In my personal opinion, I am pro for this sticky situation, there are many reasons to support this claim. For my first reason It is that these teenage kids do not have knowledge of what is happening, I have evidence for this because a security guy from Afghanistan said that a lot of kids don't have knowledge of what is going on. It is said in the video, "VICE on HBO Season One: Killer Kids (Episode 1) " at time 15:30. the man said "kids don't have enough knowledge of what is happening." So my argument here is that if they don't understand what is happening then what's the big deal. Even though, yes they are dying in the end, but they aren't suffering, and they think there doing a good deed by helping this organization out. My second reason is that they children who are suicide bombers have the choice to dentate the bomber, they are the one's who are setting it off, even when they don't "tehcnequally know" they hear about suicide bombs happening everyday so maybe it is possible they do know what they are doing any carry out with there actions anyway. That is why I don't understand why people are so against the Taliban's suicide bombers, even though they are promoting it, they don't physically carry out the action of the actual bomb exploding. Also at 16:00 the security guy said that some of them do know any hit the switch anyway because they think there are the ones who are surviving when really they aren't. But still some of these children know they are taking out violent actions and go through with it anyway. This is why I am for it, its an act of war and whenever a country goes to war they kill children if its accidental or not so that's why I think people of this world shouldn't look at it so badly.
ciccarellimarc

Con

War is a very strong word and it is a terrible event to happen. America is in war now with Afghanistan, and they found a new strategy, suicide bombing, but they include children in the attacks now which is sickening to hear in my opinion. At 14:13 the narrator says that children pass the checkpoints for easily to go pass searches and they move more easily throughout the city. At 15:05 he says that the children are picked for the suicide attacks because they have no religious knowledge, they are young so they do not know as much as the adults do. He also says a child who read and studied the Quran, would not kill themselves, they may enter the war and fight, but would not commit suicide. At 15:35 the guy says since they are young and do not know much they are told lies, they are told explosives are not strapped to their chest, its secret documents. This is very sad in my opinion because how do these people just let these innocent little children commit suicide. It is not just a few children it is happening so often over there in Afghanistan now. Even in their school systems the teachers tell them commit suicide in order to go to paradise, they do not teach them too much of the Quran. One of the head leaders of the taliban and he says that the war will intensify day by day if operations continue. Also, basically he also said he supports suicide bombing because it gets the job done. People said if they read the Quran they would know not to kill. How do these people even call themselves muslims? These people are using children and it is sickening to watch. My guess as to why they use children is because it is easier to carry out the mission because no one would think a child is going to do anything harmful. In my opinion, I am very against the way these people carry out what they do, I believe bringing little children and harming them is disturbing to hear. They have no idea what is going on, and they are told lies at such a young age and it is very sad to hear what happens to them.
safirm

Pro

Hi Marc, I just read your response. I am very impressed what you have just said to me, about how the Taliban lies to the children and that anyone who puts a child in harms way is unmoral and it should not be done at all. I do agree that children shouldn't be harmed, they are innocent and don't deserve to die obviously because they are so young and are basically helpless in the end. But the thing here marc is that. this is war, and during war a country/nation/organization has to due whatever it is necessary to win the battle. The Taliban are strong in what they believe in and will do anything to come out on top of the battle, that has to do with even hurting children, because im sure American troopers have harmed little kids before in the past, when they didn't deserve to die or even get hurt. In the video, at 16;45, the narrator says that Angar, a suicide bomber has been trained to carry out suicide bombs for the Taliban. So my question to u marc is that even though yes, kids shouldn't be put in harms way, some of these children do actually know what there doing. So I don't actually think these kids should be looked as innocent, because a lot of times they do know exactly what there doing, I just provided u an excellent answer to why its not that bad as how the Taliban use suicide bombers, these kids are willing to go to war and go through with violent acts. How do you feel about this valid reasoning that I showed you with kids willing to go to war and to put themselves in harms way?
ciccarellimarc

Con

Matt, I agree with what you said, your reason was valid. I only agree with part of your reasoning being teenagers. They are old enough to know what is going on, but they are also told lies. As you heard in the video, the teen said that they told him suicide is allowed and they will go to paradise. Also the younger kids do not know what they are doing. They are just told what to do by their elders and they listen. Their elders do not even tell them that they are going to be blown up into pieces, they tell them they are carrying secret documents. I believe they are just doing what they are told to do, because that is what most children do, they listen to what their elders say. They have absolutely no idea because at a young age you do not know much especially about religion. So I think that the teenagers have an idea but only because that is what they are told to do. The younger ones have no idea they just do what they are told to do.
safirm

Pro

Ok Marc I really like where your coming from, with the "lies" part, I completely get with what your saying. But the thing is when you really say lies, are they lies. For example you said the teachers taught them to do suicide in order to go to paradise which I found at 16:59. The flaw in your reasoning is that, that's there religion and that's what they believe in, in there society. That's just like our religion in Christianity. We have a set of rules that we need to follow in order to go to heaven/paradise. So that's why I don't really think its lies when it really comes down to it. That's why I don't think there "lying" to these suicide bombers, I just think that's what there society believes in most and that's just a way in how they treat war, is that there willing to do anything to win it, even though its costing young lives, For example look at Hiroshima in WW2. American troops bombed Japan killing thousands of innocent little children, for no reason what so ever, That's why I think The Taliban using kid suicide bombers is ethical and okay to use. Its just a typical strategy for war that some organizations use in this world to get ahead
ciccarellimarc

Con

There is absolutely no way that it is ok for children to become suicide bombers. They are innocent and harmless and cause no harm to society. I believe they should not be involved, especially being lied too and committing suicide. In the school systems, multiple students are also being told that committing suicide is allowed which is totally wrong. It would be ok if they are fighting in the war, but they are just being killed by their own people and are being taken advantaged of. Also I do not think that the parents were threatened to put their kid into school. I think they sent their children to school and without knowing what the teachers teach them, like suicide is allowed, and they will go to paradise. Also one of the kids said gods name was written on toilet paper which is very disturbing and wrong. Overall, kids should not be suicide bombers because they are innocent and harmless and people are just taking advantage of them which is wrong.
safirm

Pro

Just cause a innocent child has been killed it war doesn't make it wrong. War is wrong, war cannot be undone and countries will do anything to come out on top. So if it is so unethical to do why does every country do it. yes most don't use there own children in warfare, but most nations have killed other nations children for no reason just because they were apart of the enemy's nation. and just like how you said, They did nothing to deserve to die. Just cause the Taliban use there own children doesn't make them any worse. Tragedies happen all the time and the world is so focused on suicide teen bombers when people don't even know that there own nation is killing incident teenagers as well too.
ciccarellimarc

Con

What makes it wrong Matt is that they are being taken advantage of. These people are telling them lies and making them commit suicide. You don't see adults doing this and the children are doing it because they are way more manipulative. You can tell a child how good something is and what it can do for them and lie because they know nothing better. But if you tell this to an adult who knows better they would not do it because they know they would die. But some would do it for their country and what they believe in. Being easily manipulated, children do not know what they are in for, therefore they cannot think for themselves as well as adults can. They are told lies right from the beginning starting with school. They are told committing suicide is allowed, so they do not know what the adults know. I do agree with teenagers just wanting to fit in and following the norm as they are told so. In the Quran it says to not kill, why are these people killing their own citizens? Why would these people go against their own religion? All of these questions start to appear and it makes you wonder.