boogyman105
jh1234l

the that abortion is evil and unjust

boogyman105

Con

I will begin by defining key terms. Abortion is the killing of a unborn baby,evil is a act that is considered to be wrong by society, and unjust is unfair or not right through the eyes of society.
contention1:abortion is clearly the taking of a life. So when a lady goes out and gets this abortion she is killing something with a heartbeat, this human creature. ex: a drunk driver. drives and hits a lady and she was pregnant he is charged with 2 counts of murder instead of 1.

contention 2:it is a scapegoat and takes away responsibility when a teen gets pregnant, she should work with the individual who got her pregnant and try to take care of it not just slaughter it. if all teens who got pregnant got abortions, our society would be at half fold.

3:how should we value a life: so for instance a man goes out and kills a person he gets punished, at this point were valuing a life highly. So if we arrest and or put a person to death for murder, then why should we allow people to kill these humans. these humans that have commuted no wrong, are pure. Our future generation
please see that abortion is inheritable wrong and evil in nature. Vote the neg on anti abortion.
jh1234l

Pro

(Con's arguments were for the pro side, so I assume that he accidentally said he is con when he is actually pro)

Con's point one and three are all based on the assumption that unborn babies should be valued the same as full grown people.

I will target this by separating these to several stages: (WARNING! SOME OF THESE MAY BE DISTURBING!)

Embryo

An embryo is bascally a group of cells created by the egg being fertilized by a sperm[1]. In this case, it is only a group of cells, not technically an actual unborn baby (fetus). As my opponent has defined abortion as the killing of a unborn baby, killing it is not abortion.

Fetus

If you want to say that killing a fetus is like killing someone that is aready born, then you also have to agree that acorns are oak trees and eggs are chickens. Fetuses need the mother to survive.[2] If a mother will be fatally sick unless aborted, not aborting harms them both.

Abortion is just and not evil because already born people (e.g. kids, adults, everyone you see on the streets, etc. ) are not replaceable, while fetuses are. If the mother will die if the fetus inside her is not aborted, then the fetus should be aborted.

Point 2:

Not all people want their kids to be aborted. Allowed does not equal forced, just becae they can do it does not mean they will do it.
If my opponent's logic is correct, then you also have to agree that pooping should be illegal, because if everyone pooped on people's heads our society will fall apart.

Thus, all of my opponent's points are disproved.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org...
boogyman105

Con

I am extremely sorry I did hit wrong side so I was actually arguing for pro. thank you for pointing it out.

I will begin by re evaluating my points then, discussing my opponents. to begin notice that my opposition did not touch argument 2. witch states it is a scapegoat and takes away responsibility when a teen gets pregnant, she should work with the individual who got her pregnant and try to take care of it not just slaughter it. if all teens who got pregnant got abortions, our society would be at half fold. so he must agree that teens should not be allowed to have abortions, and also must acknowledge that if every person that wanted to get a abortion did our society would be cut down half fold. Now I will go over my 1st and 3rd contentions now. 1.contention:abortion is clearly the taking of a life. So when a lady goes out and gets this abortion she is killing something with a heartbeat, this human creature. ex: a drunk driver. drives and hits a lady and she was pregnant he is charged with 2 counts of murder instead of 1. My opponent did not attack this example, but this is true example. 3.how should we value a life: so for instance a man goes out and kills a person he gets punished, at this point were valuing a life highly. So if we arrest and or put a person to death for murder, then why should we allow people to kill these humans. these humans that have commuted no wrong, are pure now at this point I have established that a baby in a womb is a person, so what is saying is that in womb or not each life(since it has a heartbeat) should be valued.

Now he brought up the word embryo and fetus into his argument."Embryo"

"An embryo is basically a group of cells created by the egg being fertilized by a sperm[1]. In this case, it is only a group of cells, not technically an actual unborn baby (fetus). As my opponent has defined abortion as the killing of a unborn baby, killing it is not abortion". and didn't even define fetus but research shows that woman get abortions in first teri-mester witch is in the first 3 monthes giving it a heart beat making it a baby.

"If you want to say that killing a fetus is like killing someone that is aready born, then you also have to agree that acorns are oak trees and eggs are chickens. yes i would like to agree that acorns are oak trees and eggs are chickens,but the diffrence is that acorns we dont kill, and eggs are dont to keep the humans alive so why this was brought up into the argument has no merit on the argument on hand witch is abortion so i would like for you to disregard this statement.
. Fetuses need the mother to survive.[2] If a mother will be fatally sick unless aborted, not aborting harms them both.
this is true fetuses need mothers, but usally mothers get fatally sick after they have a miscarage"which is when the baby is already dead inside you" so at that point there just taking it out miscarrages are usally accidents and not controled.
"Not all people want their kids to be aborted. Allowed does not equal forced, just becae they can do it does not mean they will do it.
If my opponent's logic is correct, then you also have to agree that pooping should be illegal, because if everyone pooped on people's heads our society will fall apart." now this is my opponents last contention. He states that not all people want to abort there kids and gave a rather deragatory example so i will say, thats great that not all people want to abort there kids but this debated was geared towards the people that did that is why we are arguing the concepts of abortion, thus making this contention hold no merit.

please vote the neg. abortion is evil and wrong as expressed in my case..
jh1234l

Pro

jh1234l forfeited this round.
boogyman105

Con

boogyman105 forfeited this round.
jh1234l

Pro

Sorry, I will be unable to respond. 2 hours is way too short for me.
boogyman105

Con

boogyman105 forfeited this round.
jh1234l

Pro

jh1234l forfeited this round.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
I don't think he defined abortion as evil. He's saying it's evil if society says it's evil. So this argument really comes down to statistics. If the majority of society is pro-life, then abortion is evil. If the majority of society is pro-choice, then abortion is not evil. So all that needs to be done to settle this debate is look at the statistics and cite good sources for them.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
inb4 "No I didn't, I defined it as killing an unborn child"
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
"Let's debate whether abortion is evil; I define abortion as evil."