zezima
G131994

the universe had a beginning.

zezima

Pro

the universe had a beginning. opponent must prove or provide the most evidence that it does not need a beginning. first round is acceptance.
G131994

Con

I except the challenge this could be a fun one :)
zezima

Pro

im going to start it off with a little example.
ok so lets say the beggining of time is point "a". today is point "b". if there is point a and point b there has to be a certain distance between it. let say i am 1 miles away from my school. how far am i? im 1 mile. how long will it take? depends on how long i take to get there. i can get there because it is a certain distance and that makes it possible. now lets say there is no point a and only a point b. how do i get there? where am i? im non-existent. point b exist but there is no point a. but that is impossible. there has to be a point a for me to get point b.
now in the universe if there was an infinitie amount of time, that means there was no beggining. how can we get to today? how can we be existent?
if there was no poin a, that means point b is the first point and the begging of time. time is existent. therefore there has to be a beggining for there to be anything at all.
G131994

Con

The premise that the universe had a begging realise very much on What do you mean by the universe, do mean our universe as we know it or the universe in any shape of form. Modern day physics has shown that energy cannot be created or destroyed just converted from one form to another they have not found any evidence to contrary as of yet. This does not mean they won"t but they have not yet and since the debate is today this is the theory I will be using.
Going along this theme the energy and matter that we see around us has always existed in one form or another since eternity. This is very hard for use humans to get our head around having spent all our time on earth we have a very small distorted view of the greater universe, and find this concept hard to accept that there may not have been a beginning.

We as humans are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons now in current theory one of the laws of physics states energy that makes up those particles has been around for eternity because ""energy cannot be created or destroyed"" there for the energy responsible for building you has been around forever. In one form or another it may not of always taken the form it is in but the fundamental building blocks must of existed before it took its current form therefore rather than a beginning it is constantly evolving into different forms.

You say there must be a point a but why ? black holes that can be observed today right now we can see them, but the conditions are so server that time stop"s just because time as we know it doesn"t exist in that environment does that really mean they do not exist? Time is not a constant and therefore cannot be expressed in the manner you suggest.
zezima

Pro

zezima forfeited this round.
G131994

Con

Would like to give my opponent a chance to publish his argument.
zezima

Pro

zezima forfeited this round.
G131994

Con

One more chance
zezima

Pro

zezima forfeited this round.
G131994

Con

Arguments sated in the previous round no response to my points, countered his arguments

vote pro
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
Listen to con. Vote pro!!! Lolz. Jk I kept forgetting about this debate.
Posted by G131994 3 years ago
G131994
Vote con my bad
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
lmao i tried to post my debate round with like 1 minute left... didnt succeed...
Posted by wildcard173 3 years ago
wildcard173
I can hardly even stand to read either argument. Spelling and punctuation on both sides is atrocious.
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
me second to last sentence in the second round begging- begining
Posted by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
ok i could say the same about you. wheres your proof there is no god?