theism=atheism, as truth is the opposite of belief

theism:belief in the existence of a god or gods; specifically : belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world
a disbelief in the existence of deity

By definition these terms are opposite, but Pro is attempting to claim they are equal. Atheism means disbelief in God Theism means belief in God.
"Now let's move on to theism briefly. Theism is simply the opposite of atheism. A good definition of theism is "a positive assertion that god does exist". Whatever this god may be to the theist is irrelevant to the definition of theism as a word on its own. Based on these two definitions, everyone is either a theist or an atheist. Either you positively assert that there is a god or you lack such a positive assertion. There is no middle ground--which brings us to our third word of agnosticism."
"To say that atheism is the denial of God or the gods and that it is the opposite of theism, a system of belief that affirms the reality of God and seeks to demonstrate his existence, is inadequate in a number of ways. "

"A" as a prefix to theism means not; by definition atheism does not equal theism

disbelief is belief

theism is the opposite position of atheism, but any christian disbelieves unicorn heaven to accept christianity

agnotic is the opposite of atheism and theism, theism and atheism are false and agnostic is the only true position on an unknown claim, the maybe position

i have a(1, all) soda in my hand

What has been said in this Round by the Pro, who has the BOP as the instigator and against the status quo, is that atheism equals disbelief and theism equals belief. He does this with some equation and saying that christians must disbelieve in unicorns in order to beleive in their own faith.

It is true that you must disbelieve in something to believe in something; however, this does not mean that disbelief=belief. Pro's premise was that disbelief = belief is proven false by definition

"Belief is the state of mind in which a person thinks something to be the case, with or without there being empirical evidence to prove that something is the case with factual certainty." Wikapedia

"Disbelief: inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real."Google. By definition you can tell that disbelief is not the same thing as belief.
Dis means negative or away, thus disbelief is the opposite of belief and theism is opposite of atheism

By definition, theism is opposite of atheism because the prefix "a" means not. Disbelief is opposite of belief.

I thank the Pro for an... interesting argument.

Vote Con

disBelief is belief

i will block you simply for being noob

Pro has never refuted my arguments. Look back to my sources and definition that prove Athiesm does not equal theism. Lack of belief does not equal belief. Pro has used insults in this round, calling me a noob. Vote Con on Spelling/Grammar because he did not capitalize "i". Vote Con on arguments and conduct, as Pro used insults and did not refute anything. Vote Con on sources as Pro has none

atheism is disbelief

Con admits atheism is disbelief. Theism is belief by definition. Vote Con on all counts as Pro called me a noob (conduct), my sources, and my arguments

Disbelief does not equal belief as by definition and by the prefix dis meaning not. Discontent does not mean content. Disabled does not mean abled. Vote Con on all counts. Thank you for the debate
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
>Reported vote: SarcasticMethod// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con used logic, reason, extensive sources, and good writing practices to deliver a convincing, good argument. Pro ignored all of these practices in favor of non-sequitur idiocy.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter doesn"t sufficiently meet the standards for any of his point allocations. He doesn"t explain conduct at all, asserts S&G problems without any clearly difficult reading problems to base it off of, justifies sources without explanation as to how Con"s sources contributed substantively to the debate, and spends no time analyzing what made Con"s argument potent or where the logical deficits were in Pro"s.
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
thats because you are noob
Posted by ADHDavid 10 months ago
Your account settings won't let me.
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
so you dont challenge me?
Posted by ADHDavid 10 months ago
Start a new debate, I will accept it.
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
sure, challenge me on anythign
Posted by ADHDavid 10 months ago
Vi_ spex, I challenge you to a debate.
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
nothing, i have no heart for my imagination
Posted by Molzahn 10 months ago
But what does it mean to be false or imaginary?
Posted by vi_spex 10 months ago
imagination is false, beliefs are imaginary

hm, mental emotion+option=unwilling choice
Vote Placed by Peepette 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct, spelling, grammar and source material to Con. R2, Con rebuts Pro?s claims with definitions and references to back his claim. R3, Pro is not polite and fails to rebut Con?s for the remainder of the debate. Con for the win.