vi_spex
IntellectVsSpirit5000

theism is atheism

IntellectVsSpirit5000

vi_spex

Pro

if i take my hand behind my back, and claim i am showing 3 fingers, is it true for you to say yes vi you are?

you can believe that i am showing 4 fingers, or 5, and if you believe my claim that i am showing 3 fingers behind my back you are an atheist to the guys believing that i am showing 4 or 5 fingers

only 3 positions exist on any imaginary claim, yes no or maybe, and imaginary claims are unknown, so not about truth
IntellectVsSpirit5000

Con

Theism is Atheism? I take the Con stance based on this. 3 fingers behind your back Atheists and Atheists are two seperate things.

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god/gods.

http://atheists.org...?

If you lack a belief in a god/gods, you are an Atheist according to this site made by Athiests. In contrast, if you do not lack a belief in a god/gods, you are a Theist. Theist and Atheists are not the same thing.

If you say you have 3 fingers behind your back, but really have 5, 1and someone has a lack of belief in you having 3 fingers, they are a 3 fingers behind your back Atheist, but not an "Atheist" by definition. 3 fingers behind your back Atheists and Atheists are two different things. Atheists lack a belief in a god/gods. 3 fingers behind your back Atheists lack a belief in 3 fingers behind your back. 3 fingers behind your back Atheists do not neccessarily lack a belief in a god/gods.
vi_spex

Pro

so what is your position if you believe i am not showing 3 fingers behind my back?

atheism is disbelief

non belief=i accept i dont know
IntellectVsSpirit5000

Con

I am a three fingers behind your back Agnostic. I will need faith that you have 3 fingers behind your back to be a 3 fingers behind your back Theist, and I do not choose faith in 3 fingers behind your back. I have no documentation that you always have 3 fingers behind your back. I do not have accounts of others that you had 3 fingers behind your back in the past. I have no experiences with you having 3 fingers behind your back to build on. I have no proof that you have 3 fingers behind your back. I have no proof against you having 3 fingers behind your back. Therefore, I am a 3 fingers behind your back Agnostic. I do not choose 3 fingers behind your back Theism or Atheism. I will need more accounts from others, more evidence, and/or more experiences with your 3 fingers behind your back to build on to make a decision.
vi_spex

Pro

is it true that i am showing 3 fingers behind my back?

what documents could make you see the future..
IntellectVsSpirit5000

Con

I have no guarantee that you even have fingers. You could have been born with no fingers at all. You could be a computer, an artifical intelligence, with no human body to have 3 fingers or even a back. You could be an alien from another planet with tenticals and no fingers. You could be invisible to my 3 dimensional sight because you are from another dimension. Perhaps you are in another galaxy and have decided to make contact with me but your signal got here later and you put arbitrary answers and/or questions to make your future opponent think the debate is happening live. You may have had 3 fingers behind your back when you sent this debate, but you are now long deceased and do not have 3 fingers behind your back at this present time because you are long since deceased.

If you could meet up with a time traveler from the future and bring them to me, they could declare the future. Perhaps they have documentation of the results of this debate and both of our future answers. If you can bring them to me with the documentation, and I watch myself presently type what they say I will type, then my theistic view of them being from the future may change. I might use skepticism to convince myself that I only typed it because of the power of suggestion. Nevertheless, I have no burden of needing to find a documentation that tells the future. That burden is on you because you must convince voters that Theism is Atheism whether by future documentation, experiences, proof, logic, or any other thing that you can imagine with your mind. If you can show me that you have 3 fingers behind your back, I will be a 3 fingers behind your back Theist. If not, I may not ever choose faith in 3 fingers behind your back. The burden is on you to get me to choose a belief in 3 fingers or a lack of belief in 3 fingers, but I am still a 3 fingers Agnostic and neither a Theist or an Atheist of 3 fingers behind your back. You will need to show or say something to convert me. Preach to me about 3 fingers. If I am blessed with a 3 fingers behind your back vision, experience the spirit and answered prayers of 3 fingers, I may never convert, but I am open minded that 3 fingers behind your back may exist because it seems possible on a certain level. I do not feel its spirit, nor has it answered any prayers yet, but it might, so I am currently a 3 fingers behind your back Agnostic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
vi_spex

Pro

yes, so if you believe i am alien, do you agree with the guy that says i am showing 3 fingers behind my back?
IntellectVsSpirit5000

Con

I'm not sure whether I believe you are an alien or whether three fingers behind your back are true. I am Agnostic on all acounts. I have no faith in either and do not have a belief in either, but I accept that you may indeed be an alien and that you msy have 3 fingers behind your back. I am neither a Theist or an Atheist on either account. Show me your 3 fingers behind your back or lack thereof by appearing at my home, and I'll be a Theist or Atheist on 3 fingers. If you are indeed an alien, you should hover on over to my home and show me some nonhuman characteristics and advanced technology. With that technology, you should be able to easily GPS me, zip on over, and reveal yourself. If you choose not to, then I will understand and stay an Agnostic on your being an alien.
vi_spex

Pro

if i come to your home then the claim is not imaginary, no belief involved
IntellectVsSpirit5000

Con

Then I am decided. I am a 3 fingers behind your back Agnostic and neither Theist or Atheist, and having said this, Theism is not Atheism.
Posted by IntellectVsSpirit5000 1 year ago
IntellectVsSpirit5000
I'ma goin! :)
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
go! :)
Vote Placed by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
vi_spexIntellectVsSpirit5000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I will add on to this vote later but just briefly looking through the arguments I can tell that Pro's spelling and grammar is poor. The failure to capitalize any of his sentences is the main problem.
Vote Placed by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
vi_spexIntellectVsSpirit5000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Nothing pro said was logical, coherent, or sensible. Con gave an honest effort and was correct. Pro either was trolling or is very, very bad at rational argumentation,