vi_spex
Diirez

theists and atheists lack evidence.. therfore can never win a debate

Diirez has forfeited round #3.

vi_spex

Pro

theists and atheists have no arguments.. and the only one that has any sort of debate power is the agnostic by default..

theist and atheist claims are like recordings or broken record looping
Diirez

Con

I accept such a debate. Throughout the debate I will be making the assumption that theists and atheists have no solid arguments.

In debate there is a thing called the 'burden of proof.' When a person makes a claim it is their responsibility to provide proof or evidence of that claim. Without such proof or evidence than the claim can be dismissed. The negative can never have burden of proof because you cannot prove nonexistence.

For instance, if I said there is a purple unicorn next to me, it is not your job to disprove it. But, if you say 'prove it' and I can't, then you are not going to believe there is a purple unicorn next to me. The reason is if the person making the claim cannot prove the claim then you can reasonably not believe in the claim.

Likewise, if the theist has no argument, then the logical step is to not believe in god, thus being atheist. Agnostic does not have any sort of debate power because logically you don't automatically go to "I don't know then." If I say 'Pokemon are real,' and provide no factual evidence for that claim, you aren't going to say "Wow, since there are no arguments against the existence, I don't know if pokemon are real!" You will automatically dismiss the claim as false until an argument is provided.
vi_spex

Pro

i know imagination is false. i dont have knowledge of real pokemons or pokemons are defined as animated..

i dont know pokemons in reality, they are light on my screen..
Diirez

Con

I do not understand.

My point still stands.
vi_spex

Pro

then in your mind you can win any debate
Posted by Agingseeker 4 months ago
Agingseeker
I have all the evidence I need to underwrite my conviction. I might not satisfy someone else but who the R cares. Evidence is always evidence to someone. My questions and education and standards are not yours.Funny how the utter certainty is in play for scepticism but for nothing else.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
what
Posted by woohooman 4 months ago
woohooman
Ok, sure, I have no argument. Whatever.

So, as you continually dodged the question, I'm assuming English is not your first language.

I hope you understand that should you ever win or appear to win a debate, it is likely not by the strength of your arguments but instead because your opponent cannot figure-out what you are trying to say.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
you have no arguments
Posted by woohooman 4 months ago
woohooman
Are you planning to answer my question? Is English your first language?

I see no practically reason to present an argument with someone with such an abysmal grasp on the language as they are likely not able to even understand the argument I'd be making.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
do you have an argument?
Posted by woohooman 4 months ago
woohooman
I'll be blunt: you can't seem to read very well and you can't seem to write very well. So, I assume English is not your first language. This contributes to your debates being poor.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
i dont understand what you are saying
Posted by woohooman 4 months ago
woohooman
Honestly (and again, I mean no offense), your grammar is terrible and your syntax is completely wrong.
For example: "never heard some one use the words, it is what it is?" should be written "have you never heard someone use those words? Is that what it is?"

Also, I tend to write somewhere in the college graduate level and I get the impression that your reading comprehension skills aren't very sharp as you seem to misunderstand what I type despite my best efforts to be clear and on-point.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
vi_spex
never heard some one use the words, it is what it is?