ellyyoungggg
SarcasticMethod

there are no absolutes

SarcasticMethod

ellyyoungggg

Pro

Absolute (n) viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.

When you look at something you see it for how it is in that hour,minute,second, moment. For example, when staring at our hands we see five fingers. That is absolute, in that hour,minute,second,moment. There is no proof that they will stay the same,absolute forever. In fact, from this moment forward there are an infinite amount of outcomes that could change your five fingers.

Your han
SarcasticMethod

Con

Imagine I make a statement. This statement could be, "I have five fingers on my hand". At the exact moment I say it, the statement is locked into place at the time it was spoken. Imagine, five seconds after I say it, I consider the truth value of that statement. Five seconds ago, I said "I have five fingers on my hand", and the statement referred to a point in time that lies five seconds in the past.

What I'm saying is, all statements are meaningful only within the context of their uttering. The statement "I have five fingers on my hand", said five seconds ago, was true five seconds ago, and retains its truth because it refers to fingers and a hand that only existed five seconds ago.
ellyyoungggg

Pro

When you said the statement and saw your fingers, you are seeing them regardless of the infinite amount of possibilities of outcomes that could be there destiny.

Your existence has been more than 5 seconds, and during those millions and millions of seconds that you have been living and breathing on this planet your fingers have never stopped growing with you. As you stand and breath and work your fingers are decaying and changing. the skin is changing they are coming in contact with new substances and things.

To sum up what I am saying, your hands and everything around us is in the everlasting process of changing. It is impossible to pinpoint an exact moment of time when it is or will be in an exact state.
SarcasticMethod

Con

My hands may be in a constant state of change, but that never rules out the existence of moments in time. If I make a statement, "I have five fingers on my hand", between 13:10:33 and 13:10:35 on 27 December 2015, and my hand actually has five fingers within those three seconds, then I am absolutely right! It makes enough sense, doesn't it?
ellyyoungggg

Pro

A moment is nothing but a dimension of time. With in the moment so much is happening to your fingers. Your skins cells are changing. Your blood is racing through your veins. So yes you still have those five fingers on your hand but what makes them up is continually changing. deeming it impossible for there to be any absolutes.
SarcasticMethod

Con

That doesn't matter. I'm not making the statement, "My hand has five fingers in a completely stationary state that never change", I'm just saying "My hand has five fingers". That is absolute.
Posted by ellyyoungggg 1 year ago
ellyyoungggg
congrats on the win! this debate was very challenging because it was not concrete at all. although it was a challenge I think i learned a lot!
Posted by SarcasticMethod 1 year ago
SarcasticMethod
tru d
Posted by ProveWhatYouSay 1 year ago
ProveWhatYouSay
Ha ha ha
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Isn't the resolution an absolute?
Posted by ProveWhatYouSay 1 year ago
ProveWhatYouSay
On many debates including mine, debates occurs in the comments.
Posted by SarcasticMethod 1 year ago
SarcasticMethod
If you acknowledge that arguments are best reserved for debates, then you would understand why this is not the right place.
Posted by ProveWhatYouSay 1 year ago
ProveWhatYouSay
The comment section is not restricted to content. You do not control it.
Posted by SarcasticMethod 1 year ago
SarcasticMethod
I did! I'm frustrated at your insistence on using the comment section of my debate for you argument. Leave or be reported. This is your last warning.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I do not care. And nobody will..."Childish" is a relative with few relatives..And no "absolutes" at all...
Posted by ProveWhatYouSay 1 year ago
ProveWhatYouSay
Read the entire dialogue.
Vote Placed by debatedeity111 1 year ago
debatedeity111
ellyyounggggSarcasticMethodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should have chosen a better absolute statement to base their argument off of.
Vote Placed by BeckyDawg 1 year ago
BeckyDawg
ellyyounggggSarcasticMethodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not understand Con's arguments, which made rebuttals redundant. Con made a better argument. Pro had slight grammar errors. Neither party provided sources.