narmak
Bull_Diesel

there are such things as stupid questions

Bull_Diesel

narmak

Pro

1st round for acceptance 2nd ill provide the situation the stupid question was asked
Bull_Diesel

Con

My thanks to narmak for providing this debate.

I hope this will be short and sweet, don't want to get bogged down in like 5 pages of debate on a simple philosophy topic.

I accept this debate.

narmak

Pro

ok so heres how it goes. I am playing black ops with my cousin. now just so you have an understanding my cousin is not 5 years old or 10 he is in grade 11. Now hes watching me destroy people and then he sees me drop a tactical insertion which is basically a little box with lights now what it does is when i die i respawn on the spot where the box is. i died and respawned on the box without missing a beat the kid looks at me with the most serious face and goes YO DO THEY HAVE THOSE IN REAL LIFE? lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bull_Diesel

Con

YO DO THEY HAVE THOSE IN REAL LIFE?

-Yes, they do.

Obviously there is no known technology capable of "respawning" humans at a set location after they are killed.

That said, the fact is that Tactical Insertion(s) do exist. Tactical Insertion is typically the military process by which a strategic location is chosen to deploy troops or insert small squads either into combat or into a zone/area not easily reached by other means. Sometimes, troops already on the ground might deploy a flare to guide transports or air drops to a tactically/strategically beneficial or necessary location.

So yes. Tactical insertions do exist; your cousin's question is not stupid. Turns out, your cousin isn't stupid either.

I'm not sure based on your confusing format if you're actually looking for a debate or not but i'll offer an argument as relates to the 'stupid questions' debate in general.

A question cannot be inherently stupid. The concept of stupid is largely subjective in the first place, but a question, in that somebody posed or asked it in the first place, had some intended result (whether it be gaining actual knowledge or to make somebody consider something or to annoy, or to tease ironically) and thus is not in itself stupid.

narmak

Pro

Yo do they have those in real life{{{{{when he said those he was not referring to tactical insertions in general he was reffering to the box that respawns human beings ergo the question itself becomes stupid. it was not to tease or annoy. he asked a seriously stupid question. i

n general no question can be stupid BUT a questions becomes stupid depending on the situation in which it was asked. ex. yo do they have those in real life? the question is not stupid at this point because you do not know how it was asked or the sitaution. If a kid sees a seahorse and asks the question it is not stupd because he is asking if a certain animal exist.however since i have given the reason it was asked and what the topic was it became a stupid question as it is impossible for a human to magically respawn.(i swear if anyone says what about jesus imma punch you in the eye throgh my netbook.)
Bull_Diesel

Con

I'm not sure how I can debate you on this subject.

Based on the debate prompt you posted and the question and information you gave me,

I maintain that
A) your cousin's question was not, in itself, stupid. Your cousin obviously really wanted to know if those existed.
B) Questions in general cannot be stupid in themselves. You might feel that a person is stupid, but if your cousin didn't know something and he wanted to gain knowledge, your act of calling him/his question stupid has and will in the future prevented him from seeking out knowledge and learning.

C) Tactical Insertions do exist. Your cousin obviously knew he was playing a video game, it was ignorant and presumptuous of you to automatically assume with no further investigation on your part that your cousin meant to ask "does instant=reincarnation exist in real life" when all he really asked was "Is there some kind of device that broadcasts a signal that might aid in deploying reinforcements?" .

I'm pretty sure you conceded the point in your latest argument, but we can let the voters decide.

Thanks for an interesting debate.

-Bull_Diesel
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 4 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
narmakBull_DieselTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow. Pro threatened to punch Bull_Diesel through his netbook. Somebody call the Internet Police.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
narmakBull_DieselTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling and grammar is obvious. Pro's arguments were easily refuted. "A question itself cannot be inheritently stupid"
Vote Placed by Chuz-Life 4 years ago
Chuz-Life
narmakBull_DieselTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting debate. I would have liked to see the subject debated more in depth and with more sources and examples. I still agree with Pro. However, Con won this debate and will give me some pause before I determine another question to be 'stupid.'