Godsconvervativegirl
curious18

there should be cameras and bully watchers in brick and morder school

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Godsconvervativegirl

Pro

I'm 16 years old. I think that there should be cameras in schools because I have been a victim of bullying, and I've seen others that been bully and the bully said that the victim said the B word when victim didn't and the teacher believed the bully instead of the victim and the victim got in trouble. although I'm in virtual school now, I hate the fact that is still happening to others. my solution is that there should be cameras and bully watchers. bully watchers are people who are always by the students, so if the bully tells the teacher: this person said the B word and that bully is lying, the bully watcher can tell the truth to the teacher, and then the bully will get in trouble. there should be a Female bully watcher, and a Male bully watcher, so then when they go to the rest room, bullying still can be watched and other bully situations. when a bully does something to you, you can't just tell your teacher and expect him or her to fix it, because they don't. most of the time they don't do anything about it. also, you have to make sure your not a taddle tale, which can easily happen. and what if that bully is bullying you everyday, and you" can't be a taddle tale"? so, the camera and the bully watcher can be there, so you won't be bulled no more! I don't want to put camera in the bathroom, so the bully watchers are there. and yes, if a student needs to go to the restroom, the bully watcher needs to go with her or him, because you never know what will happen in the hallways...
curious18

Con

So, while I totally have sympathy for people being bullied in school and saw my fair share back in high school, I can't see any good reason to have 'bully watchers' at school. I mean, for one, you have this massive cost of doing that. And for two, if teachers are so easily tricked by the real bullies, won't the bully patrol be more likely tricked and maybe even be part of the bullying problem? Well, there are two issues with this. Conservativegirl can go ahead and present her case.
Godsconvervativegirl

Pro

Thank you for choosing my debate, and yes, I accidentally didn't put an "s" in my name. It's should be Godsconsevativegirl. I do ask for you to explain what the massive cost of having a bully watcher is, because I don't see how a bully watcher would be a massive cost. Well, the bully watcher would not be the problem, because they won't be busy doing grade work, their job will be to watch the students, as the example I used above(which did really happened), if a bully student said the B word, and then tells the teacher a lie, that the other student said the B word, and then the victim will say, I didn't say that. The teacher(from my experience) 90% of the time will go on the bully's side, But the bully watcher sees and hears that the bully student is lying, so the bully watcher can tell the teacher that the bully student is lying. Also, rules for the bully watchers will be to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth. so then, the teacher, or the bully watcher( if the teacher's to busy) can punish them. Sorry for taking a long time to respond, I was very busy with other things. I look forward to your response :)
curious18

Con

Conservativegirl doesn't think there would be a massive cost. I thought that it would be totally obvious, but I can explain it. She thinks that teachers will be wrong 90% of the time. I don't believe this, but we can work with it. So if teachers are wrong 90% of the time, then they are right 10% of the time. To get that up to 50% of the time we're gonna need 4 bully watchers to every teacher. In 2000, we had 6.2 million teachers. http://wiki.answers.com... So that would mean that we need 24.8 million bully watchers. If we pay them each $25,000 a year, which would not have any benefits, that would cost $620 billion a year, every year. And still have only 50% accuracy. Of course, if we don't believe that 90% then it would be cheaper but it would also mean that it isn't really a problem that needs to be addressed.
Godsconvervativegirl

Pro

First of all, you don't need 4 bully watchers to see and hear what the bully is saying and doing, you need only one person to see it or hear it per room. Again, with my example that I gave above of a bully situation,you don't need 4 bully watchers to see and hear that the bully was lying to the teacher. One bully watcher can tell the teacher what the bully was doing. My idea is one bully watcher per room. Plus, I want to add, that there used to be bully watchers, but they were called room monitors and hall monitors. If it wasn't a massive cost back then, why would it be a massive cost now? They can either employ watchers or set up a volunteer program to help correct class behavior. There are always going to be volunteers in a community. There are simple answers for complex problems like bullying. If schools would just institute some common sense solutions, it will be a 100% chance that the bully will be punished. We also don't have to worry about paying them 25,000 dollars a year. I look forward for your reply. :)
curious18

Con

Conservativegirl, I'm really sorry, but you seem to think that teachers will always get the bully situation wrong, at least 90% of the time, but bully watchers somehow won't. Why won't they? If 6 million teachers are right only 10% of the time, then 6 million bully watchers would only be right another 10% of the time, for a total of 20%. Then another 6 million will get us to 30%, and another 6 million for 40% and a final 6 million for 50%. That makes a whooping 24 million bully watchers. I mean, if conservativegirl thinks that a single bully watcher is going to be effective then she should be able to show how that one bully watcher is always going to magically be at every bully scene to see everything and not miss a thing.
Godsconvervativegirl

Pro

Dear curious18, numbers seem to paint a picture as though this is not a real issue that can be resolved if more people would get involved. It's your assumption that 10% of the bully watchers would be right and 90% would miss like the teachers. This is not a fact.Yes I think the bully watchers would be right far more than the teacher because watching for bullying and intimidating actions are what they are hire to do, unlike the teacher, who is there to teach lessons. This number game does not speak to the pain that is endured by students that suffer sometimes to the point of suicide.Yes all the money and bully watchers it would take is worth saving one life. How much would you spend to save a child's life? Maybe you have never been bullied. Well I have and it would have been worth every penny to have had my bully's punished. The 90% example I used is based on people I've meet, friends and family members not just my experience. From my experience it was 100%. None of my bully's were ever stopped. Having a bully watcher at every scene and never miss a thing is not what I said. I said there would be 100% chance that a bully would be punished indicating when they got caught. Where there are no bully watchers your odds are slim to none 0% punsihment, but where there are people to watch, your odds of the whole situation even occurring is slim to none. Have you ever been bullied? When a bully, bullies someone, it is usually very obvious, right there in your face, even when its done secretively, its right there in your face. And anyone with half a brain that is watching knows right away what is going on. Yes although it sounds magically to you, bully watchers will be able to see what is going on almost every-time.

Now just to bring another interesting point. The National Health and Human Services Dept. Director Katheryn Sybillius came out recently and said that this Administration found bullying to be a real problem and is preparing to take it on in all the public schools across the nation. Here are a few facts to support my claims and my point of view:

-Bullying occurs in school playgrounds every 7 minutes
and once every 25 minutes in class –(Pepler et al.,1997) *

Research shows that bullying will stop
when adults in authority and peers get involved .*

-Bullies tend to be hyperactive, disruptive, impulsive
and overactive -(Lowenstein, 1978), (Olweus, 1987) *

-Bullying is reduced in a school if the principal is committed
to reducing bullying. Strategies -(Charach et
al., 1995) *
-Bullying occurs when there is little supervision or
when large groups of children engage in rough and
tumble play or competitive sports . -(Murphy et al.,
1983) *
-Bullying is often hidden from teachers. Teachers' lack of awareness is evident in playground observations in which
teachers intervened to stop only one in twenty-five (4%) of
the bullying episodes (Craig and Pepler, 1997)*

Victims often keep their problems a secret: They feel
they should handle bullying themselves; they worry
about the bully's revenge or other children's disapproval:
and/or they think that adults can do little to
help them. -(Garfalo et al., 1987) , (Olweus, 1991) *
My source is bully.org.
This just goes to prove actually teachers miss bullying 96% of the time and their is a real need for bully watchers. The victims really suffer and they need help now. Besides, the country is in need for jobs. Here is where the government really could create some jobs for our failing economy. It would be a win, win solution for so many. School is a place to learn how to become a productive member of society. With so many bullies getting away with what they do, it gives to reason why more bullying is done by adults on their jobs and in the work place than children in school. Bully watchers are a good place to stop the madness.
curious18

Con

curious18 forfeited this round.
Godsconvervativegirl

Pro

I'll close with this. There should be camera or bully watchers in brick and morder school, so then the students should have a better experience without having to be bullied all the time. The school environment should be a education environment, not a danger zone for students. There should be a solution to stop the bullying and I think that these solutions will help.
curious18

Con

curious18 forfeited this round.
Posted by Godsconservativegirl 5 years ago
Godsconservativegirl
I Got my named spelled right :)
Posted by Godsconvervativegirl 6 years ago
Godsconvervativegirl
that's fine, I know how life can be. I hope your familly well. :)
Posted by curious18 6 years ago
curious18
I'm sorry for missing the last two rounds. I've been having family issues that have kept me from home until now.
Godsconvervativegirl
Good example of how security cameras work! :) that is exactly what we need in all brick and morder schools! :)
Posted by Fjkhsaflkja 6 years ago
Fjkhsaflkja
yes, there should. At my school, there are cameras mounted on every building in the interior hallways (not for bad reasons but for "stranger danger" security purposes and burgulary deterrent) and there is literally, no bullying. The last time I heard of an act of physical bullying at my school was last year, when a student tried to throw another students backpack off the third story ledge. So either the students at my school are very nice, or security cameras DO WORK.
Godsconvervativegirl
sorry curious18 if I asked have you been bullied. you said that you have been bullied. I apologize for that. :)
Godsconvervativegirl
MarquisX, why are you saying that?
Posted by MarquisX 6 years ago
MarquisX
Anybody else feel overwhelming pity for pro?
Godsconvervativegirl
Randolph7, this is not a joke debate, since you think "The purposal is high unpracticable." explain to me how it is" unpracticable". your comment is pretty "Unpracticable" itself.
Godsconvervativegirl
Yes, and the police will be on the bully's side( I know that because heard stories like that) like what always happens.. Kids help line may be good, but consulling doesn't stop the bully. and what are the Kids help line's solution, tell the teacher? any other ideas LeoL? I'll be happy to hear your ideas, so then I can show you how Bully watchers really is a Good solution. You know, there use to be bully watchers, but they were called hall monitors and teacher assistance( that help the bullying go down), there was someone watching the students then, so is that really "Idiotic" as you call it then? based this info, it is Not Idiotic. so, I look forward for your reply :) as I said before, I won't be negated so easily! ;)
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
Godsconvervativegirlcurious18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con left...
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Godsconvervativegirlcurious18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: she obviously wins in argument, but had no socurces he had one, but not a good one.
Vote Placed by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
Godsconvervativegirlcurious18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro for not forfieting Arguments: To Pro. Con ended up dropping his strongest argument about cost when pro refuted that by bringing up hall monitors having already existed without massive cost, then after still equating monitors to teachers, Pro thoroughly blew that out of the park round 4. Sources: To pro, bully.org beats wiki/answers.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 6 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Godsconvervativegirlcurious18Tied
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 6 years ago
BlackVoid
Godsconvervativegirlcurious18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This one day at band camp...