chew
alexmiller887

there should not be a control on the use of smartphones amongst students

Started: 4/4/2014 Category: Technology

chew

Pro

Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is now a normal part of modern life, used by everyone from toddlers to pensioners. So studentsneed to grow up making use of technology such as mobile phones if they are to be able to fully participate in contemporary society. The average age at which students get their first mobile phone is eight according to a recent study.[1] To prevent a studentfrom having a mobile phone at that age is to put them at a clear social disadvantage compared with their peers. Mobile phone use develops skills for the modern workplace with its need for tech-savvy employees with communication skills and the ability to work flexibly. In any case, students often have better phone manners than adults " they are less likely to shout into the phone, more likely to text discreetly, and more aware of text and phone etiquette. Such manners are the direct consequence of familiarity with the device and an understanding of appropriate use in certain contexts.
alexmiller887

Con

I'm sorry this is late, I'm really kinda busy with my other debates.

Every point you made is true. However there are two problems with them
1. It is entirely plagiarized from http://www.presdebates.idebate.org... . Look at the Children Should be comfortable with modern technology point.

2. It is unrelated to the topic. The motion to be passed is that there should not be a control on the use of smartphones amongst students. Your argument focuses on why they should be given to the student, not why they should not be controlled. As you are Instigator and Pro, BoP is on you, therefore I have no need to make an argument.

Please, try harder to make an argument, don't just plagiarize. Thank you, and if my opponent decides that he does not want to plagiarize, I request that this round be scrapped, and the debate started afresh.
chew

Pro

chew forfeited this round.
alexmiller887

Con

Extend all arguments and rebuttals.
chew

Pro

chew forfeited this round.
alexmiller887

Con

Extend all arguments and rebuttals.
Vote Con!