these bible verses r contradictory

Genesis 32:30:--'And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel; for I have seen God face-to-face, and my life is preserved.'

John 1:18:--'No man hath seen God at any time.'

If you looked into the theology and actually studied the passages you would see that Jacob was talking figuratively.

please provide more context

Here is Genisis 30:22-30

"Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. When he saw that he had not prevailed against him, he touched the socket of his thigh; so the socket of Jacob's thigh was dislocated while he wrestled with him. Then he said, "Let me go, for the dawn is breaking." But he said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." So he said to him, "What is your name?" And he said, "Jacob." He said, "Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed." Then Jacob asked him and said, "Please tell me your name." But he said, "Why is it that you ask my name?" And he blessed him there. So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved."

So this is making an exception for Jacob because he did not actually see the face of God, he saw God in the form of an angel so he DID see God face to face just not in his natural form, Jacob saw him in the form of an angel.

I believe that is all the context needed. I do not think that you have any more verses though. it seems like you based all of your argument on one two verses.

alright i concede

No more? Well thanks for the oppurtunity.
Vote Placed by CJames 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Pro.