flamingbutter05
Samuel60

time travel is possible

Samuel60

flamingbutter05

Con

The first round will be about accepting lets see if my oppenet can out debate me
Samuel60

Pro

I accept this challenge, but I will argue that time travel is impossible during our current era that we live in. I do believe that it could be very possible during the future, but nowadays I will argue that it isn't even plausible.
flamingbutter05

Con

Sam before we start you are pro
Whats your position?

Anyways time travel is not possible now because einstien did say going faster then light can get us out of the eaths graivity force but theres one problem how do we go faster then light right now scientiests have thought of a nuke powerd rocket that is fast but only 1 out of 4 compared to the speed of light.
Samuel60

Pro

-I'm sorry, I haven't realized that you were arguing against time travel, I thought you were for time travel. Anyways, my position is I believe that time travel is possible.

In fact, time travel has been proved scientifically possible; we, humans travel and walk through time everyday (applies to the future). But I believe what you are talking about is whether building a time machine and traveling to the past and to the future with it is impossible. I will argue that time travel is possible.

Definition:

Time travel is an act of traveling through different points in space (3-dimensional capacity) with the help of a time machine. Time travel is a concept of philosophy, theoretical physics and fiction. According to physics, in order to travel in time the concepts of quantum mechanics or the creation of a wormhole is supposed to be used to make this occurrence possible (1).

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Argument:

H.G. Wells the author of The Time Machine(1895) believes that time travel is very possible. Wells speculates that all you need to travel in time is Einstein's E=mc2 theory. Wells says that with Einstein's theory applied to time travel you will only be able to go the past.

J. Richard Gott, a professor of astrophysics at Princeton University and the writer of Time Travel in Einstein's Universe predicts, "We have a hard time perceiving how time can bend just like other dimensions, so Einstein's predictions seem strange," he then continued, "But this appears to be the world we live in (2)."

In 1905 Einstein explains the "strange" universe. Einstein describes that time and space is conjoined together in our universal dimension.

In order to make this event possible. According to Einstein, you are supposed to travel fast and the time will move slow around you. Also, you need to somehow rise the mass around you. This has already been proved, "albeit at minute scales (2)." This event has been proved by Carol Allie from the University of Maryland (see reference 2).

Scientist have also proved Einstein's idea by using accelerators to speed up elementary particles. The particles were nearly traveling at the speed of light. And they vanished much more faster.

If a spacecraft travels at the rate of two hundred million meters per second, the spacecraft will experience the time to be slow (2).

[2]: http://abcnews.go.com...

Furthermore: John Titor Story

John Titor,a self-proclaimed time traveller says that he was a soldier from the year of 2036. He arrived somewhere around the year of 2000-2001; he has been giving away information on the Internet. John Titor said that the U.S. will soon be broken up into 5 territories (most things that John Titor said are happening today), but that is not the deal here. John Titor explained how his time machine was built.

This is how he built the machine:
Two(2) magnetic housing units for the dual micro singularities
An electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity of the micro singularities
A cooling and X-ray venting system
Gravity sensors, or a variable gravity lock
Four(4) main cesium clocks
Three(3) main computer units (directly from wiki '3')

John Titor explained in order to make the time machine work it's supposed to create a wormhole.

[3]: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Rebuttals:

My opponent has not provided any sources, which basically makes Einstein's a fallacy.
flamingbutter05

Con

flamingbutter05 forfeited this round.
Samuel60

Pro

I maintain my position
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
It's supposed to be Einstien's quote a fallacy
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
Yes, NiamC. Humans do travel in time, but we both now what he's implying to.
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
I am willing to accept your debate, but only on one condition. I will argue that time travel is possible, but it is impossible to create a time machine during our times.
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
We are travelling in time now. We are not stationary in time, are we?
Posted by Samuel60 2 years ago
Samuel60
It is possible. Ask John Titor.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
flamingbutter05Samuel60Tied
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
flamingbutter05Samuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con did nothing
Vote Placed by jackh4mm3r 2 years ago
jackh4mm3r
flamingbutter05Samuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: While not enough to convince me, the fact is that Pro refuted Con's arguments successfully and built a positive case for BoP, which Con did not refute.
Vote Placed by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
flamingbutter05Samuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Very interesting readin about all that, got me thinking a lot. Thanks!