danboy82
beng100

trump

danboy82

Con

I think Trump is a laughable idiot. To declare that Mexico would pay for a wall is absurd. To always badmouth China, Russia and Iran nearly simultaneously is not productive nor of course diplomatic. He would get us into a disastrous situation. We need better more critical thinking kind of people to lead in these very progressive times.
beng100

Pro

Firstly i want to thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate and wish them good luck. In my view Donald Trump would be an effective president for the USA. His generally hands off approach to world wide conflicts is in my view a positive thing. Yes he is negative about Russia, China and Iran but it is fair to say these three states do not currently have good relations with the USA anyway, so his policy towards them is no significant change to the previous administration. It is also fair to say these three countries have acted unethically in a variety of ways such as human rights abuses and acting with military aggression. It's fair to say they deserve some criticism. The border wall with Mexico is in my view a great idea. Illegal immigration is a key problem for the USA and if Mexico could be pursuaded to contribute towards the cost of its construction that would be an excellent economic and political result for the USA. What I think makes trump the strongest presidential candidate is the fact that he is not a career politician and has had an enormously succesful career in business. It is clear trump knows how to run a business and knows how a governments actions affect business first hand. Trump is one of the cleverist business brains in the US and surely tapping into that knowledge would be great for the USA. The fact the economy is in a perilous position with national debt and the national budget deficits at record high levels shows the current economic approach is not working. Trump will look at things from an economic point of view not a political point of view. He would also bring in a fresh approach to politics with his say it as it is style.
danboy82

Con

danboy82 forfeited this round.
beng100

Pro

As my opponent has forfeited I have nothing to refute.
danboy82

Con

danboy82 forfeited this round.
beng100

Pro

My opponent again forfeits. He/she has no legitimate argument. Vote con!