frenchmoosetwo
brian_eggleston

turkeys hate english muffins

Started: 4/30/2010 Category: News

frenchmoosetwo

Pro

indeed they do
brian_eggleston

Con

No they don't.

Turkeys aren't racist. They have nothing against English muffins or French fries or Swedish meatballs or Spanish omelettes or Irish stews or Brazil nuts or Scotch broth or any other national delicacy.

frenchmoosetwo

Pro

-Firstly I would like to point out that my opponent is almost completely insane.-

-My opponent states "Turkeys aren't racist."- I would like to see further evidence from carl that shows that every turkey on this planet is not racist (even though it has absolutely nothing to do with this debate)-

-"They have nothing against English muffins"- I would like to point out to my opponent that turkeys do indeed have something against english muffins. Every thanksgiving people kill and eat turkeys (maybe not them specifically but someone has to and with this turkey some people eat english muffin (i am one) if you were to be feasted on whilst being put into an english muffin would you not hold a grudge?-

-"French fries or Swedish meatballs or Spanish omelettes or Irish stews or Brazil nuts or Scotch broth or any other national delicacy."- The amount of irrelevance in this sentence made my turnips in the garden grow 11x faster.. keep it up my good sir.-

-In conclusion my opponent is useless...-

-I await its response-
brian_eggleston

Con

I should like to reply to my opponent's comments as follows:

"Firstly I would like to point out that my opponent is almost completely insane."

Thanks for the compliment – most people do not include the qualifier ‘almost' in their description of me.

"I would like to see further evidence from carl that shows that every turkey on this planet is not racist."

Who is ‘Carl'? Is he some sort of international expert on racially prejudiced birds?

"I would like to point out to my opponent that turkeys do indeed have something against english muffins. Every thanksgiving people kill and eat turkeys (maybe not them specifically but someone has to and with this turkey some people eat english muffin (i am one) if you were to be feasted on whilst being put into an english muffin would you not hold a grudge?"

No I wouldn't hold a grudge. That's because I'm English myself.

And, by the way, Turkeys aren't actually from Turkey. No, they are from India, which is why they are called dindons in French (d'Inde = from India) and India used to be part of the British Empire and everyone loves English muffins there, even the birds.

"The amount of irrelevance in this sentence made my turnips in the garden grow 11x faster.. keep it up my good sir.- In conclusion my opponent is useless..."

How can I be useless if I can accelerate the growth of root vegetables? I would say that ability was extremely useful.

Vote for me.

frenchmoosetwo

Pro

frenchmoosetwo forfeited this round.
brian_eggleston

Con

Did you know that the only place in the world you can't buy English muffins is England?

That's right. Here they're just called "muffins", obviously!

Please vote for me (I need a win).

Posted by frenchmoosetwo 7 years ago
frenchmoosetwo
no i dont.. i need to regain my loseing streak fool
Posted by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
you don't need a win, your in the 99th percentile
moose needs a win
XD
Posted by skookie5 7 years ago
skookie5
Good job con in round 2. You made me laugh, Therefore, you win.
Posted by LLAMA 7 years ago
LLAMA
I actually find CON's round two argument quite crushing...
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
frenchmoosetwobrian_egglestonTied